• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom for withdrawing

M@deline

Greenlighter
Hello, I have a question. I know you can take Kratom to help with detox, I was wondering since I already have a good bit of a green leaf bag of kratom left will it help like the red strain does? Does it matter what strain or leaf it is? I know the red has worked for me in the past, is it all of the leafs or just the red that will work?

All strains contain mitragynine and as such will help.

like negrogesic said, all strains contain various and comparable levels of mitragynine and 7-hydroxy-mitragynine. That's really what you are looking for.

There are also 32+ other known alkaloids in kratom strains which make them slightly different in effect and potency.

The difference is ultimately small, though.

I can tell the difference between cannabis strains easier than kratom strains.

meang da kratom compared to bali kratom is the most drastic difference and I could probably tell the difference between those 2 strains (blindfold).

I have never been able to tell the difference between "red leaf" and "green leaf" or whatever. Only major geographical strain differences... such as meang da vs bali.

like negrogesic said, all strains contain various and comparable levels of mitragynine and 7-hydroxy-mitragynine. That's really what you are looking for.

There are also 32+ other known alkaloids in kratom strains which make them slightly different in effect and potency.

The difference is ultimately small, though.

I can tell the difference between cannabis strains easier than kratom strains.

meang da kratom compared to bali kratom is the most drastic difference and I could probably tell the difference between those 2 strains (blindfold).

I have never been able to tell the difference between "red leaf" and "green leaf" or whatever. Only major geographical strain differences... such as meang da vs bali.
AHH, well i know the difference because of the effects. I have had 12 spinal surgeries. Some of the Kratom leafs do not help me at all. It has been a while since I took some for this purpose. How well does it work for this purpose? Like does it take it away completely?

AHH, well i know the difference because of the effects. I have had 12 spinal surgeries. Some of the Kratom leafs do not help me at all. It has been a while since I took some for this purpose. How well does it work for this purpose? Like does it take it away completely?

what purpose? for genuine pain?

No for withdrawal I believe (it's in the title).

Kratom will reduce 70-90% of the symptoms of mild to somewhat moderate opioid withdrawal. It will dampen severe withdrawal. For extremely severe withdrawal from high doses of opioids it does very little however and can even make it worse. I've been in ultra high dose IV heroin withdrawal where kratom was more trouble than it was worth. Actually just made me feel worse and too difficult to consume.

*edit didn't see that the original poster had just replied above

Last edited: