• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Kratom for Subutex taper?

Matrize

Greenlighter
I know you can use kratom to help once you drop off bupe.

Can you use it intermittently while weening to cut out subutex? Every other day. For example taking subutex one day, then kratom the next, then subutex the next.

Could this be effective?

I don't have any direct experience doing what you're suggesting, but it definitely will help - the question is how much.

What dose are you down to? We could advise more with more info.

In my experience kratom is not the best "replacement", such as what you are suggesting. It depends on how much withdrawal you can manage - because it's not going to stop your withdrawals for 24 hours like that.

Kratom is best for PAWS in my opinion, though I don't want to discourage you from at least trying your plan. Maybe just need more info, especially about your dose.

Kratom simply doesn't touch major opioid withdrawal, but for me it was a godsend in staying off opioids in the long term.

I don't have any direct experience doing what you're suggesting, but it definitely will help - the question is how much.

What dose are you down to? We could advise more with more info.

In my experience kratom is not the best "replacement", such as what you are suggesting. It depends on how much withdrawal you can manage - because it's not going to stop your withdrawals for 24 hours like that.

Kratom is best for PAWS in my opinion, though I don't want to discourage you from at least trying your plan. Maybe just need more info, especially about your dose.

Kratom simply doesn't touch major opioid withdrawal, but for me it was a godsend in staying off opioids in the long term.
I am currently at 1.25mg of bupe daily. I plug it which I know is an addictive behavior but I am trying to switch over to kratom from bupe long term.

I'm having trouble getting below my current dose and I'm looking for an aid like kratom because switching directly from bupe to kratom at this dose is still too high in my opinion.

I am currently at 1.25mg of bupe daily. I plug it which I know is an addictive behavior but I am trying to switch over to kratom from bupe long term.

I'm having trouble getting below my current dose and I'm looking for an aid like kratom because switching directly from bupe to kratom at this dose is still too high in my opinion.
Any route of administration achieves the same end result. I don’t think ROAs represent addictive behavior, definitely not in all cases.

And by long term, I don't mean forever. I mean getting off subutex with kratom.

Any route of administration achieves the same end result. I don’t think ROAs represent addictive behavior, definitely not in all cases.
Whatever the case, I feel much better than I have in a long time and I feel much more confident in my ability to get off subutex then I ever have.

Can you use it intermittently while weening to cut out subutex? Every other day. For example taking subutex one day, then kratom the next, then subutex the next.

Could this be effective?

I would think the residual buprenorphine in your system would keep the kratom from working (unless its a tiny amount of buprenorphine). No personal experience with this however.

Another question - would withdrawal be worse or the same if you're plugging bupe vs sublingual? Plugging seems to be stronger but wear off faster.

Asking to determine what dose I switch from suboxone to kratom.

Plugging is almost twice as strong as the sublingual route so theoretically what you're taking would maybe be equivalent to taking 2mg sublingually. In practice though the dose difference is so small that it doesn't matter.

So Ive gone off of Bup before and the best brand of kratom i have found is the OPMS shots and if no one has those get the two capsule packages (make sure it is the extract pills)

Liquid wears off quick but youll get hours of energy

I take a syringe after shaking the little bottle and use a needle to get it all out then i can see how much medicine i take

2ml -3 ml youll feel
Just so you know, if you take a little too much kratom, you can feel a ttouch shaky and a little unsettled just kind of like your balance maybe is challanged, but that might just be me

So I was wondering about plugging Bupe as well because I have been in more pain as of late and I wanted to see if it would have an increased analgesic effect

Another question - would withdrawal be worse or the same if you're plugging bupe vs sublingual? Plugging seems to be stronger but wear off faster.

Asking to determine what dose I switch from suboxone to kratom.
Go to a head shop or call them, Mary Janes House of Glass typically carries OPMS

I think it helps
But bupe is so strong and the half life is so long
It will be rough just be safe and careful with the OPMS and taper that bupe slowly
Because once you start that, your body is gonna be working very hard to get that out of you

So Ive gone off of Bup before and the best brand of kratom i have found is the OPMS shots and if no one has those get the two capsule packages (make sure it is the extract pills)

Liquid wears off quick but youll get hours of energy

I take a syringe after shaking the little bottle and use a needle to get it all out then i can see how much medicine i take

2ml -3 ml youll feel
Just so you know, if you take a little too much kratom, you can feel a ttouch shaky and a little unsettled just kind of like your balance maybe is challanged, but that might just be me

So I was wondering about plugging Bupe as well because I have been in more pain as of late and I wanted to see if it would have an increased analgesic effect
Seems to work well when plugged, start small and go back for more if required. I find it much more satisfying somehow 🥰

Yes kratom will most likely help and it certainly is a valid maintenance drug but I would say bupe is a better maintenance drug because of its long duration. Kratom tickles the same receptors and all, it just needs to be taken more often, which makes it more difficult to taper imo. also we have less research on its long term safety than bupe.

Again Im not opposed to kratom and I suggest it all the time.. but in this case, I would think it better to stay on bupe, unless theres some other factor. Do you have side effects from bupe? or is it a financial thing or what?

It will help, but it will not just allow you to bypass withdrawal, as kratom itself is addictive and is an opioid. So you'll end up just replacing one addiction for another, and kratom will set you back. Don't believe the kratom shillers that it's a miracle cure for opiate addiction. Kratom is an opioid, that's the reason it helps against withdrawal.

It will help, but it will not just allow you to bypass withdrawal, as kratom itself is addictive and is an opioid. So you'll end up just replacing one addiction for another, and kratom will set you back. Don't believe the kratom shillers that it's a miracle cure for opiate addiction. Kratom is an opioid, that's the reason it helps against withdrawal.
Agreed. moving from fentanyl or heroin to kratom would make sense because less overdose risk but from bupe to kratom, I dont really see the point. I did it once and ended up going back to suboxone on double the dose as before -_-. It also got me in the habit of using 3 times a day instead of once, still to this day, my sub is split en tres.

Are you talking about plugging OPMS?
Kratom isn't widely available in my country, illegal, it was the bupe I was talking about.
I have Bupe patches that I can dissolve off into some acidic water and plug.
Keeps well in alcohol too but I don't think it's as strong in alcohol and concentrated alcohol stings your ass!

I'm still looking for ways to smoke a patch without smoking the plastic film too, can anyone help with how I avoid the hazard of inhaling burnt plastic? (Other than the obvious "Stick to inhaling air" advice, lol).
Would the plugging liquid evaporated down (until dry or almost dry) work for smoking on foil? Or is there an easier way?

In my experience you'll just end up being addicted to kratom. The easiest way is to taper down to .5mg of sub and jump off. It's still not easy though, but it can be done im in the middle of it right now.

I know you can use kratom to help once you drop off bupe.

Could this be effective?
No don't do, got heavily HEAVILY HEAVILY HEAVILY HEAVILY ADDICTED TO KRATOM FOR OVER A YEAR, which led me to my final and worst heroin relapse 3 years ago. If you can control yourself then in essence it could work, but you won't control yourself. you'll like the feeling you get the first few times, and start by taking a quarter gram, half gram, then gram at a time, next thing you know 50 bucks every 3 days.. then you'll graduate...

YOULL DISCOVER KRATOM OIL CONCENTRATE at 2oz for 20 bucks. almost died first time i chuged the whole thing, was riding a motorcycle huge huge mistake. should of only taken a half as he said. then I only wanted concentrates from there on out .

Christ i spent more on kratom then on my heroin addiction.

Well this is a worst case scenario my previous response, but I am an addict, and won't ever touch opiates again. I am on 1mg of suboxone and wouldn't mind being on it til the day I die.

Switch to the 2mg suboxone strips, if you wanna force yourself to do the therapeutic ROA . you can cut the strip into 16ths, and one day you'll wake up and not need it anymore would be my best advice.

There are those who have been successful, I do not mean to be the guy who is Over Exaggerating, but I've had 4 of my friends (who i met at a halfway house) all go through the kratom addiction as well thinking we found a better way.