• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom experiences!?

Well, that is a very valid issue (cost of medical treatment as well as dismissive medical providers) and needs to be considered. I think though that it is alot like the legal quote, "The person who acts as their own attorney has a fool for a client." Subjectivity pretty much makes it impossible to really medicate one's self correctly. I know of a few providers who refuse to examine themselves, instead relying on another professional to gain impartial treatment.

As for unscrupulous providers, absolutely. That is where education comes in. If the patient bothers to truly educate themself they can be effective, even a determining factor in gaining good treatment. Parnet with your professional. If you are financially unable that is another issue but it can usually be dealt with in N. America anyway.

About 6-9 grams of of Bali seems to do me well. I've only been using it for a few days, but i'm worried about addiction, as I use to be an I.V. heroin addict. It gives me a speedy euphoria at first, and trails of to a nod. I'm just tying to figure out how to get past the nausea. Tagament & grapefruit juice seems to lengthen the effects.

^ Chewing on ginger always eliminates the nausea for me. That and smoking weed, but the ginger alone works fine too.

I've been a daily kratom user for over a month now, enamored with it since I first tried it.

Of commercial grade, run of the mill kratom, and of some less than spectacular varieties, ~14 grams simmered to perfection in a liter of water gets me GOOD. Effects peak QUICKLY, and subside a bit after an hour or two. The strange part is that after coming down a notch, effects just SIT at that same pleasant level for another 3-4 hours before finally subsiding.

I remain a huge fan :D

I love Kratom too. And Ive never had the nausea ever. To be honest, Im wondering do people EXPECT to feel nausea because they keep reading it everywhere? Yes, its a bit like being on a stormy boat at sea as you come up, but then its lovely. Thing about it too is, it doesnt incapacitate you if you find in the middle of an experience you need to do something else. You can function quite well with it, then go back to your chair, and feel the warmth return. Afterwards i always get a great nights sleep. As a downside, and as someone who knows I guess, there can be constipation - so drink plenty of liquid with it (not alcohol if you can). Also, the next day (usually towards the afternoon I find) you do tend to get a bit jittery, if you dont like that, a couple of beer takes it away for me, or a further tiny dose of Kratom (like a half a teaspoon). Oh, and I forgot the taste...... its disgusting - no denying it. So I wouldnt really recommend the tea (that would make some folk sick). Either put a heaped teaspoon in a half a glass of fruit juice and swallow it in one go (then follow up with the 2nd teaspoon - this is all you need for about 4-5hr buzz with the stuff I use), or get one of the little capping machines and make your own capsules (order "00" size). Enjoy! ;)

My Kratom experience (so far)

So far, which has only been two days, I have had good experiences. I started with a small dose, about 3 grams. Didn't feel too much, then later decided to go cut grass! That evening I tried a little more. Dosage is everything! One teaspoon is about 3 grams. I took one table spoon and made tea out of it. It has a pretty strong taste, but tolerable. I added some honey and it was fine. I drank the tea, and ate the stuff at the bottom. In about 15 minutes I was feeling pretty good. It lasted a LONG time!
Second note. I have a broken back and have been on narcotic pain meds for seven years. The cravings drive me nuts and wake me in the middle of the night. I had no cravings yesterday.
Third note. DON'T MIX WITH OTHER DRUGS! I had a feeling of sea-sickness, not really nausea. I took 2 dramamine. That was a bad idea. I also have trouble sleeping so I took a Xanax. Another bad idea. I slept the whole night through except I had to get up every couple of hours to pee. I stayed in bed until 9, I woke up with no cravings.
So far my experience has been favorable. It isn't an opiate, but I am tired of screwing around with pain management doctors. Trying to get pain medicine is unbelievable. I have a friggin' broken back! If the Kratom does what I need it to, it is worth the investment!

just curious, any opinions on plugging caps?

A better idea would be to backload a 10ml syringe and use that since caps can have a hard time dissolving in there. Best of luck either way.

Yes the tea does taste kinda funky but in a way I really like it I personally always make the tea. Feels like I'm accomplishing something by getting it down.

and i dont think addiction iz more likely if u try things younger,it depens on the person.sum1 who haz had pot and 14 may b a hippie who doesnt ever use much harder drugz at all.
i seriously don't want to read antiadults shit because it is illegible. what the hell is wrong with you man? i grew up in Detroit and I know how to read.

I find Kratom is great for a comedown, but no better than half a bottle of red wine and some kava kava tablets.

I suppose if you're doing substances that react badly with alcohol then kratom is for you.

In terms of it being a high in it's own right, there's better legal stuff out there, and for the sort of quantities of kratom you need for a serious high, it's actually very expensive.

Just my 2c

Kratom.. Someone suggested this to me while I was in my 4th week of withdrawal from methadone/heroin (uuugh). By the time I recieved my 50 grams in the mail, I was hoping to use this for help with sleep and cravings.

I was a little disappointed but considering my previous opiate dependence, that I could feel this at all was incredible. The effects do begin speedy and then level out into a slightly disorienting feeling.

I should note however, that even at 10+ grams of extract I did not get itchy or pinned eyes.

I need a better method of ingestion.. sludgy tea is unbearable. Anyone parachute before?

I need a better method of ingestion.. sludgy tea is unbearable. Anyone parachute before?
i parachute kratom all the time because i can't stand the taste.
you have to get you used to the big amounts you have to swallow.

Mitragynine is probably one of the best opiod like drugs i´ve ever tested. There are a lot of users in Europe by the way. The taste is weird but not as bad as GBL ;-) . Putting Kratom powder into milkshake is a good option for drinking it.

Yea parachute is really the best way to go about it.

Before i got addicted to PPT i was using Kratom for about a year. My doses got up to about 16g in the morning, then maybe another 10 at night. I had to parachute 4 of 4g each. Once in a while I would throw up after the 3rd or one will get stuck in my throat and make me gag, and I would have to start over lol.

Kratom is a fucking awesome plant with many benefits, but if you really get addicted it becomes a bitch having to re-dose every 8 hours or you start to feel w/d.

I can't be certain on this - again, my insomnia is buggering up my memory! - but I seem to recall reading somewhere that milk and milkshakes actually inhibit the effects of Kratom to a certain extent, leading many people to dose more than really needed. I could be completely mistaken though, but I have noticed that when I've chased the powdered leaf down with milk I've had to use more Kratom that usual to get the desired effects...

The extracts don't actually give the full spectrum of effects, and it is recommended to just take the powdered leaves. There are probably many minor unstudied chems and alkaloids in Kratom which add to it.

Also, the extracts seem to be the main reason people people get addicted, and most people seem to rapidly increase their dosage. The extracts, especially the stronger ones usually just concentrate on the main chemicals known in Kratom.

I can't stand the texuture and taste, so I fill up some large capsules with it. Best method, in my opinion. I actually take seven grams of the Bali (The more sedating version. The indo/indonesion Kratom is known for more social effects, and not terribly sedating) every night for about six months or so, and have never actually had to increase my dosage or developed a any sort of tolerance.

I also almost always use sedating anti-histamines 30 or so mins before dosing the Kratom. Like most opiates and opiods, this potentiates the Kratom quite a bit. Again, this never seems to give me any increased tolerance to the effects.

Another thing I should mention is that taking many opiates before taking Kratom actually inhibits the feeling of the effects of Kratom significantly, often making Kratom seem completely useless. Although from what I recall, the alkaloids and chemicals do still have an effect, just not really very noticeable. Hence why it can help people addicted to the more serious opiates and has helped many people kick their addictions to opiates.

Hope all of this helps, and that I haven't been incorrect with what I mentioned about Milk and taking opiates beforehand. I'll see if I can dig up some studies or strong annecdotal reports on all of this when I finally get some sleep!

James

I buy 00 veggie capsules. Once you get the hang of filling them by hand, it goes fast. I puked kratom up the first few times before buying caps. That IS one vile tasting leaf.

I had a 300 oxy/hydro habit for 3 years and used Kratom, PC/Bali, to kick it. I can binge on the Hydros once a month now and take Kratom for 3-4 days without having WD's. About 10 caps the first day then 5 then 2.

I have never gotten anymore than a little extra energy from taking it but like Agram said, after taking opiods you won't get any buzz from it. Also after taking a lot of Kratom, I do not get as much of a buzz off of opiods.