• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom equivalent of Oxychodone

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
I'm on 20mg of Oxycodone for pain issues. How many grams of Kratom would it take to equal that dose?

Try starting low (like 3 grams) to avoid nausea. Kratom is surprisingly effective for pain and you can always work your way up if you have to.

Thank you both so much for the information. I used to be addicted to Kratom so I long since lost any issues with nausea but who knows now. I think I will start low. I have some very good quality product. My goal is to break out of the medical pharm prison I'm in. Opiates are only one of the pharms I'm on. I've decided I will try to get better about just taking the pain rather than feeling like a slave. I feel very emotionally lost right now and very lonely. I mostly want to be dead but I'm not ready for that step just yet. My plan is to give it one last try and maybe during that time find a way to do something for someone else. I see to much suffering everywhere I turn and it's really eating me up.

I'm sorry for being so emotional at the moment. It's not my usual posting style.

Thank you both so much for the information. I used to be addicted to Kratom so I long since lost any issues with nausea but who knows now. I think I will start low. I have some very good quality product. My goal is to break out of the medical pharm prison I'm in. Opiates are only one of the pharms I'm on. I've decided I will try to get better about just taking the pain rather than feeling like a slave. I feel very emotionally lost right now and very lonely. I mostly want to be dead but I'm not ready for that step just yet. My plan is to give it one last try and maybe during that time find a way to do something for someone else. I see to much suffering everywhere I turn and it's really eating me up.

I'm sorry for being so emotional at the moment. It's not my usual posting style.

I'm going through the exact same thing. en endless cycle of opiate abuse and guilt BUT am using the opiates the treat physical pain (and depression). I have been thinking lately also that I may be better off just living with the physical pain and being free from this opiate prison. I have been trying so hard to not abuse the opiates and respect them and take as prescribed but I can't obey the rules. I keep thinking that this time I will be different and do the right thing but I always relapse into abuse.

What kind of pain do you have, how bad is it?

I have polyneuropathy. Lots of burning pain among many other things. Also I'm seriously anxious and depressed even before this illness and very much suicidal these days. I'm a dead man walking. I'm just afraid of taking that final plunge so I'm waiting for my perfect storm. All this here is what i'm doing in the meantime. That's how it feels most of the time.

Ehh oxy is a different high than kratom..Kratom is like a very toned down opiate buzz that has a stimulant edge to it

I have polyneuropathy. Lots of burning pain among many other things. Also I'm seriously anxious and depressed even before this illness and very much suicidal these days. I'm a dead man walking. I'm just afraid of taking that final plunge so I'm waiting for my perfect storm. All this here is what i'm doing in the meantime. That's how it feels most of the time.

I really feel for you Cosmic :( I have IC which means constant burning among other things as well. I'm using mostly codeine and benzos (along with legal otc stuff like motrin) but it's burning a huge hole in my pocket and I don't know how long I can keep it up, hopefully until my slow-ass doctor actually writes me a script for something.

It really depends on the brand/strain. To me certain strains feel like benzodiazepines, and those wouldn't cure an opiate craving. Other strains feel like oxycodone to me. But it seems like everyone I know gets different effects from different strains. While Brand A Malay might provide me with an oxy high, it may do nothing for my buddy. Whereas Brand B Maeng Da gets my buddy a nice oxy high, it makes me feel like im on a deliriant.

So it's a trial and error thing, i've found.

I'm a big fan of the Malay high. It's got a quiet euphoria that thrills. It seems to work for pain on the psychological level. I'm now using a mix of Malay and a small amount of enhanced something that I had laying around. It's a nice combo and has now worked pretty well today. Tonight will be the acid test. Thank you all for your responses. I am very grateful for all of you being here.