• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Kratom + Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) = ??

gingerbaker

Bluelighter
I've been taking kratom 3x daily for a few months for chronic pain, diazepam 5mg BID for anxiety as well as Gabapentin 300mg BID for anxiety.

(This might be better suited for ADD, but I'll let the mods set that straight).

I have been prescribed cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) for that musculoskeletal pain (10mg, PRN, TID).

Now, it seems that cyclobenzaprine has the risk of Serotonin Syndrome.
1. My main question is what, if any, pharmacological consequences there would be with concurrent administration of Flexeril and Kratom (in addition to 5mg diazepam BID)?
2. Does kratom have any Serotonergic activity? If so, how dangerous would it be with clinical amounts of Flexeril (10mg)?
3. Additionally, I have Promethazine and Hydroxyzine prescribed for insomnia as a PRN and am curious if this would also be worth consideration due to possible anti-cholinergic additive problems.

Also, I've read some that opioids might have some effect on serotonin syndrome although I wonder if that's not the "dumbing down" that they do for those taking Tramadol (which obviously would be of issue, and sadly is my PRN for breakthrough pain).

That being said, if opioids do contribute to risk of SS, than the various opioid agonism of kratom (mu, kappa and delta to my understanding) have any influence on serotonin?

Thank you, I look forward to any responses.

Last edited:
kratom and flexril is a dangerous combo as flexril also relaxes your cardiac muscles unlike most other muscle relaxants. It is never safe to mix these even with tolerance. If you do take no more than 10 mgs of flexril. I almost OD'd taking 20 Mrs and 600 gabapentin and a few tablespoo s of kratom. Watch out!!

This is an old post but scrappy_underdog revived it and posted what I believe is slightly misinformation.
I have taken flexeril and kratom. I think the poster above me is exaggerating a bit.

Kratom has to be one of the weakest opioids I've ever seen. In fact, I've NEVER been able to achieve any type of opiate-effect or opiate-like euphoria from kratom, whatsoever.
I highly doubt the combination would be that dangerous. In fact, I take flexeril ontop of buprenorphine and have for years. And I'd argue buprenorphine is much more powerful than any dose of kratom. If anything, the flexeril will potentiate the sedating effects of the kratom, if they are present for you. This may or may not be enjoyable for some.

As long as you're using reasonable, prescribed doses of flexeril, you should be ok. Respiratory depression is not even present that i'm aware of with kratom.

I haven’t had flexeril in years but for 2 years after a major car accident I was prescribed it with Vicodin and a hefty dose of it at that. Not to mention I didn’t always take them as prescribed. I also have my doubts about whether it would be dangerous with kratom I suppose there is always the possibility. Combining the two may very well improve the efficacy of both compounds which I believe in most cases is why flexeril is prescribed.

This is an old post but scrappy_underdog revived it and posted what I believe is slightly misinformation.
I have taken flexeril and kratom. I think the poster above me is exaggerating a bit.

Kratom has to be one of the weakest opioids I've ever seen. In fact, I've NEVER been able to achieve any type of opiate-effect or opiate-like euphoria from kratom, whatsoever.
I highly doubt the combination would be that dangerous. In fact, I take flexeril ontop of buprenorphine and have for years. And I'd argue buprenorphine is much more powerful than any dose of kratom. If anything, the flexeril will potentiate the sedating effects of the kratom, if they are present for you. This may or may not be enjoyable for some.

As long as you're using reasonable, prescribed doses of flexeril, you should be ok. Respiratory depression is not even present that i'm aware of with kratom.
Yea, some people dont process kratom as well as others. Luckily for me, kratom works very well, I mainly go for red strains i.e. Maeng Da and Bali.

Yea, some people dont process kratom as well as others. Luckily for me, kratom works very well, I mainly go for red strains i.e. Maeng Da and Bali.
I've wasted so much money on kratom, it's not even funny. I really WANTED it to do something, because then I could finally go to the store and pick up my DOC in various forms. But it seems no matter how much or what brand I try, it's all the same, does nothing. Maybe a slight mood lift (comparable to having a cup of coffee) and that's it. Oh and it fucks up my stomach trying to digest all that plant material.

Can't see how it works for people who are use to heroin or other various full agonists (or even potent partial agonists). But if some one says it works for them, then that's great!! :)

I've wasted so much money on kratom, it's not even funny. I really WANTED it to do something, because then I could finally go to the store and pick up my DOC in various forms. But it seems no matter how much or what brand I try, it's all the same, does nothing. Maybe a slight mood lift (comparable to having a cup of coffee) and that's it. Oh and it fucks up my stomach trying to digest all that plant material.

Can't see how it works for people who are use to heroin or other various full agonists (or even potent partial agonists). But if some one says it works for them, then that's great!! :)
Well, I never did heroin but did just about every opiate/opioid there is. That sucks about Kratom not helping you. Have you tried black seed oil?

I get notable opioid effects from kratom (and have used more powerful opioids but only rarely spread out over many years) and have taken a moderate dosage of it combined with a single cyclobenzaprine pill on top of also drinking all night and being really sick, and I was fine. I can't really give a more scientific answer about the combination than that.

Well, I never did heroin but did just about every opiate/opioid there is. That sucks about Kratom not helping you. Have you tried black seed oil?

I have actually. I've used it cause I heard it was suppose to help attenuate opioid tolerance. Don't remember if I felt much of anything though. And it can be quite expensive.

I've been on buprenorphine for years now, so I'm alright. My only problem is that I still miss that heroin/full agonist euphoria from time to time, and thought trying things like kratom and tianeptine might help, but I've just never had any luck unfortunately.

I use to be a tramadol & intranasal heroin user. And then I got on bupe.

I always think it sucks when people don't get any effects from kratom because I promise you EVERYONE can achieve a high from Mitrigynine.

I'm lucky enough to live in one of the very few locations where you can buy pure Mitrigynine pills.
Some family man in my area who also happens to be a chemist found a way to isolate pure Mitrigynine from kratom.
The "kratom" in these pills which at that point is just an extracted substance is a white crystalline powder.

Not ONE person that I have given only ONE pill to has not gotten high off their ass.
Two of them actually threw up from getting so high but they were opiate naive.
Somehow you can even get these pills at double strength and I used those to get off Fentanyl.
Believe me, I used to think kratom was a dud too, it never "worked" for me but I realized that I just needed to take ungodly amounts of regular kratom for it to work...like 5 tablespoons or more which is so disgusting.
So in conclusion, kratom and its alkaloids work for everyone unless you are somehow invincible/your opioid receptors literally don't work.

And yes, you can nod off this stuff but unless you're like me and the people in my area getting this shit for a bargain I've only seen sites online selling isolate for hundreds to thousands of dollars a gram and that shits not even as pure as this completely white crystalline powder.

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where a local chemist found a way to isolate pure Mitrigynine from kratom, it comes in a white crystalline powder.
is this a brand bought in a store or a direct connection you have?

mitragynine is not easy to isolate, especially in a pure white crystal form (is it literally white?)

I'd like to see a pic of it if possible, just curious

although I'm still a fan of my full spectrum stuff, I like the other alkaloids in there

I've tried purified 7-OH-Mitragynine, it was good but wasn't worth the price

..but yeah, I feel like anyone who doesn't get high off kratom hasn't tried good stuff yet, it's an unmistakable very real high

mitragynine is not easy to isolate, especially in a pure white crystal form (is it literally white?)

although I'm still a fan of my full spectrum stuff, I like the other alkaloids in there

..but yeah, I feel like anyone who doesn't get high off kratom hasn't tried good stuff yet, it's an unmistakable very real high
I went through the source for a while until he started only taking $2000 minimum bulk orders but now I go through one of my local headshops, the only place that seems to have it or even know what it is.

I have included a pic of the substance here since bluelight won't let me embed it here for some reason:

I found this forum because I'm about to take some Cyclobenzaprine with some of this stuff so wish me luck! 😁

Cyclobenzaprine with some of this stuff so wish me luck! 😁
have fun bro, I never particularly found cyclo recreational

that is indeed a very special chemist friend you have, I have never seen kratom alkaloids that pure assuming that's what they are, I do know that it's NOT an easy process to make that!

Yep. I buy mine from a reputable vender and the difference between the stuff I sometimes buy at the smoke shop doesn't compare to what I get from my vender.

Yep. I buy mine from a reputable vender and the difference between the stuff I sometimes buy at the smoke shop doesn't compare to what I get from my vender.
exactly, the gas station shit is bunk as fuck - I have purchased it in a pinch, an oz to get me thru the night... and I ate all 28g and still went into withdrawal also made me feel like shit/almost vomit!!

kratom also has a shelf life and a lot of that crap tastes like its been sitting in a dirty moldy barrel for 5 years

IME it lasts for a relatively long time (years) as long as it's kept in a cool dry place

IME it lasts for a relatively long time (years) as long as it's kept in a cool dry place
I can confirm that. I bought 3 year old bag (it was dated) from my company that I respect and it was still potent. I could tell it wasn't fresh, the taste changes becomes more bitter, but still active. But there was a pretty clear difference from the company's fresh bags.

I think there is just some generally very low quality kratom going around by some brands... it's usually the cheaper brands, unsurprisingly.

have fun bro, I never particularly found cyclo recreational

that is indeed a very special chemist friend you have, I have never seen kratom alkaloids that pure assuming that's what they are, I do know that it's NOT an easy process to make that!
Thanks mane, I'm enjoying it so far and I had a couple low % beers too.
It seems like a very low percentage of people enjoy it but so far I like it :) at least mixed that is.
It really is nothing crazy but I got it for my fucked up neck which between the Kratom and the Flex the pain has been almost completely alleviated.

Thanks mane, I'm enjoying it so far and I had a couple low % beers too.
It seems like a very low percentage of people enjoy it but so far I like it :) at least mixed that is.

For sleep and muscle relaxation its great, but I could never make it recreational. Not a bad drug, just boring to me.

i do not know any science behind mixing the two but love cyclo (for what it does) and kratom is daily. rarely do i need the cyclo but i take it on kratom anytime i do dose it. never thought about it. seems safe enough for me. maybe not so for another....
never mix any substance there may be a bad reaction. just sayin.