• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids KRATOM ARMAGGEDON TAPER THREAd. Discussion about Kratom's rescheduling here!

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Well I guess this is day 1 of my newly government enforced taper. Rats. I'm guessing cannabis will reassert herself as top dog in my bag of tricks. Tough to beat kratom for actual pain relief. Oh well. We will remember to take Aleve and Jamaican Dogwood and probably hit up the pain doc for a bump in dose. Glad he knew about the kratom since I told him in our first appt. I was surprised that he had never heard of it. Currently at about 6 teaspoon daily, just pouring it heavy. But I plan to begin my taper immediately, maybe try to get by on 3 tsp tomorrow and go from there. Join me in my kratom tapering journey :)

or you could go onto suboxone and have withdrawals worse than fentanyl and heroin that last for two weeks

thats exactly what they wanted when they outlawed kratom, except for the quitting suboxone part

^Ouch. Yeah, I don't want to up my opioid dose, because that would require a) scoring on the street or b) asking my pain doc to up my methadone dose from 15mg/day. I just can't imagine sitting in his office asking for more, because he and I both know damn well that 15mg is basically a perfect dose for someone with a poorly functioning CYB2d6 or whatever it's called,lol. Ok, gonna go take 1 teaspoon :) 1st one of the day. Where are you at in your taper fellow BLers?

Cold turkey of Kratom is not bad. I needed 4 days off work, was good to go day 5.

Yes you get sick but it's basically flu level. Like what people claim dopesickness is (we all know a flu beats being dope sick.)

Seriously wishing I hadn't found this miracle plant about 8 months ago. Now i get to debate whether i should explain to my doctor how i was self medicating. In the meantime, back to sleepless nights :/ and trying 20 more shitty drugs for pain management/being treated like a shitty person by doctors.

I have kept samples of various kratom strains in a stash for an emergency... if I had to cold turkey off of my prescribed opiates, for example, with little warning, i.e. doctor shutting down, being discharged from care, etc. I feel stunned and disappointed at this news... all I can do at this point is to up my stash with any extra $$$ available before it all shuts down the end of September.:?

Cold turkey of Kratom is not bad. I needed 4 days off work, was good to go day 5.

Yes you get sick but it's basically flu level. Like what people claim dopesickness is (we all know a flu beats being dope sick.)
LOL, THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS PRETTY BAD, lol sorry caps. I plan to taper in a manner that will be far less stressful.
Seriously wishing I hadn't found this miracle plant about 8 months ago. Now i get to debate whether i should explain to my doctor how i was self medicating. In the meantime, back to sleepless nights :/ and trying 20 more shitty drugs for pain management/being treated like a shitty person by doctors.
Have you tried methadone? it's 10,000% better than kratom for pain iirc. And what about fentanyl? There's no way that shit aint bomb-diggity :)
I have kept samples of various kratom strains in a stash for an emergency... if I had to cold turkey off of my prescribed opiates, for example, with little warning, i.e. doctor shutting down, being discharged from care, etc. I feel stunned and disappointed at this news... all I can do at this point is to up my stash with any extra $$$ available before it all shuts down the end of September.:?
I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm just going to c/t and deal with the annoyance of the w/d so I can preserve my stock for as long as possible. I took two half doses yesterday before getting the bad news and don't plan on taking anymore until maybe Saturday evening. That will be about 100 hours since my last dose which is the longest I've gone in over a year so I guess I'll see how it goes.

I'm just going to c/t and deal with the annoyance of the w/d so I can preserve my stock for as long as possible. I took two half doses yesterday before getting the bad news and don't plan on taking anymore until maybe Saturday evening. That will be about 100 hours since my last dose which is the longest I've gone in over a year so I guess I'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the update! I am eager to hear how that goes for you. I cut down today. Instead of 2 tsp several times a day, I switched to 1/2 tsps a few times through the day, and just took a whole tsp b4 bed :) I plan to go slow w/ my taper, but your plan sounds better, it would be nice to use it sparingly :)

Just a reminder guys, we can talk about how this new kratom law will affect us, but please avoid how much you've purchased because of it.

Well it was perfectly legal to take, so I don't see why telling him would be an issue, it would be about the same as telling him of some supplement you've been taking from GNC..

Does it depress you guys that you'll never be able to do it after Sept 30?
Yes, actually I have felt that empty feeling just thinking about what a loss this seems like at this point. Honestly though, on the bright side, I will save quite a bit of money, and the underside of my eyes will probably look less dark. Also IIRC once you adjust to less opioids you are fine.

Well it was perfectly legal to take, so I don't see why telling him would be an issue, it would be about the same as telling him of some supplement you've been taking from GNC..

Well it's opioid pain reliever that's soon to be schedule I. That and there's quite a bit of misinformation circulating the medical community. Kratom is often lumped into the conversation as cannabinoids, various RCs, etc. You just never know what info the doc has, and theres a very realistic possibility that they'll equate it with opioid misuse/abuse, which is technically valid.

@CfzRx, theres no chance im getting opioids from my new doc. 90% sure he thinks im drug seeking, and I don't think hes even bothered looking into my previous physician's notes.

Yes, actually I have felt that empty feeling just thinking about what a loss this seems like at this point. Honestly though, on the bright side, I will save quite a bit of money, and the underside of my eyes will probably look less dark. Also IIRC once you adjust to less opioids you are fine.

I know what you mean... it gets out of control quite easily..

Well it's opioid pain reliever that's soon to be schedule I. That and there's quite a bit of misinformation circulating the medical community. Kratom is often lumped into the conversation as cannabinoids, various RCs, etc. You just never know what info the doc has, and theres a very realistic possibility that they'll equate it with opioid misuse/abuse, which is technically valid.

@CfzRx, theres no chance im getting opioids from my new doc. 90% sure he thinks im drug seeking, and I don't think hes even bothered looking into my previous physician's notes.
Yeah youre right, I should've said theoretically you should be be able to..

It's not that big of a deal imho. A kilo will last me several years. If kratom does become banned as it's apparently on its way to becoming, then there is plenty of time to stock up in the meantime. Fuck the federal government and fuck the DEA.

Sign the petition if you have not already. It's complete bullshit. Ban kratom while heroin overdose and death is at the highest it's ever been? Something isn't right, and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out though the common public couldn't think for itself if all of the pokemon depended on it. Fuck the dea and fuck the united states government. It's all about control. This is what they want.

Kratom is now illegal in my state, Louisiana. Schedule I. Same level as heroin now.

Not a question don't know if this is breaking the rules, just wanted to post this. But this is rediculous. It really is. Kratom is not hurting anyone.

You could serve 10 years in prison for possession and trafficking. Worse than rape imo