• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and Celexa adverse reaction

Cellophant90

Greenlighter
I?ve read all of the threads on here and in other places that discuss the potential of a strong and dangerous interaction between Kratom and an SSRI. My girlfriend has been taking Kratom regularly in a concentrated form sold as a ?k shot? and never had any negative reaction. She started taking Celexa three days ago and both times she has ingested Kratom since then she had begun to experience a strong shaking in her limbs, became very dizzy, but most worrisome is a rapidly increased heart rate and strong pain in her chest. The second time this happened the pain and reaction was so extreme she went to the ER. The attending physicians didn?t even know what Kratom was but they ran a few tests on her and said that she was fine. I?ve read about the potential for Torsales arythmia. But I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or had any further knowledge on the cardio toxicity of combining the two together. Obviously she is not going to continue to do. The information available through studies and research is pretty limited right now and since it?s not FDA approved or anything I can?t say with certainly it is only Mitragynine contained within the K shot and it could be other chemicals that are added to induce or intensify the effects. Any experience or information would be helpful. Thanks