• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Kratom and Benzos - Dangerous?

RobotRipping

Bluelighter
I've been taking lots of kratom 15-20 grams/day. Usually maeng da or green bali. Now i've also been using a fair amount of benzos.

How dangerous is it to combine kratom with benzos in general? in low doses? and in high doses?

I know it's not near as dangerous as regular opiates but i nod pretty hard on the combo of kratom and etiz and kind of worry that i was breathing too slow.

i am no expert but 15 to 20 grams of kratom a day is ALOT be careful and combining alot of one thing with alot of another is typically bad....
also how kratom works is not totally understood so its difficult to give a concrete explanation about drug interactions
and if you think you are experiencing respiratory duress well take that as a sign... your body might be telling you its coming very close to its limit

Why wouldn't it be dangerous? Kratom is an opioid. The contradiction between opioids and benzodiazepines is definitely extended upon kratom, as it is an opioid.

maybe the stimulating properties counteract the respiratory depression? Any sources for this info? i can't find anything anywhere and obviously want to play it safe. I'll avoid mixing them until i can find out for sure, thanks guys.

15-20g isn't that much coming off of a huge poppy seed tea habit.

I think you answered your own question in your original post. If you are worrying about breathing too slow while under the influence of an opioid and benzo, then it's probably a bit excessive. No drug is worth your life man.

Low-dose Kratom is supposed to produce a more stimulating effect, and it may counter sedation brought on by benzodiazepines.

^ 15-20 grams of kratom is considered a low dose to you?

I think you answered your own question in your original post. If you are worrying about breathing too slow while under the influence of an opioid and benzo, then it's probably a bit excessive. No drug is worth your life man.

this ^ unless you have a tolerance to opiates and benzos, like taking benzs for daily, and if you have dabbled with stronger opioids like morphine/heroin and oxycodone.

dont risk it man. we want to help you man, we dont want you to die. i know yu might want to get fucked up, but save the benzo for another day or when you have anxiety.

i have big tolerances for both opiates and benzos.

Just because i experience what i think is shallow breathing doesn't necessarily mean i am in danger; i just get anxious about ODing, as obviously that would be awful and then i start to worry about my family and stuff. I hate taking that chance but sometimes i do mix opiates and benzos.

I'm not doing it to get fucked up really lol i was just noticing how much i was nodding off 2mg clonazepam, 2mg etizolam and 8 grams of kratom. Just trying to figure out how risky it is because sometimes i need benzos for anxiety and kratom to help with cravings.

also i meant 15-20g throughout the day sorry, usually 8-10g twice a day.

you will be fine in taking a low dose of benzo with your kratom then

^ 15-20 grams of kratom is considered a low dose to you?

If the kratom is of decent quality, then no. I merely wanted to advise the OP considering that he might mix the two. He also asked about low and high doses.

Sorry to hijack but is 9mg of etizolam considered a large amount during the course of 14 hours?

I have a moderate tolerance and I am not feeling the effects currently.

I personally DON'T believe it's dangerous.

Maybe it's just my own personal anecdote, but I frequently take 1.5mgs of Klonopin (yes it is a LOW dose) with HEROIC doses of Kratom.

We are talking mixing 1.5mgs of Klonopin with single doses of Kratom as high as 16 grams and as much as 50 grams in a single day while on 1.5mgs of Klonopin with ZERO problems.

I just personally don't believe that PLAIN LEAF Kratom produces respiratory depression.

I know people will say that it's an opioid so it MUST but it is also a stimulant and their are dozens of alkaloids in the plant that have different effects that may counteract eachtother.

Hell, I've even gotten drunk on the combo of 14 grams of Kratom and 1.5mgs of Klonopin without issues but that doesn't mean that DRINKING on Klonopin is not an issue, that CERTAINLY is...but I don't personally believe mixing PLAIN LEAF Kratom (Extracts may be a different story) with CNS depressants like Benzos or alcohol poses significant risk.

Others may go crazy at that statement, but I stand by it.

We haven't seen a string of deaths from Kratom and so many people use benzos, booze or other CNS depressants that I think if the combo was as dangerous as mixing a classic opiate like Oxycodone with benzos we'd already have seen Kratom banned due to the number of deaths.

Also, nodding out from Kratom and/or feeling like your breathing is slow isn't necessarily TRUE respiratory depression.