• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom- Am I Being Too Cautious?

just remember, don't take it before bed as it will keep you awake for at least 3-4 hours if you have no tolerance to kratom alkaloids (you can actually nod off this stuff, and it's not unpleasant to stay awake, but just be warned in case you have work or whatever, it feels like a very stimulating opioid comparable to oxymorphone)
When you wrote the above were you referring specifically to the white maega da? And were you referring to the smaller "stimulant" dose or the larger, 8g-ish dose?

The reason I ask is because earlier today I took about 7 g of your/my favorite and man, I was so relaxed. I fell asleep for a while. So I can't imagine how it would keep me up unless I take it 3-4 hours before bed.

Or again, were you referring to the smaller, stimulant doses that I'm more interested in?

When you wrote the above were you referring specifically to the white maega da? And were you referring to the smaller "stimulant" dose or the larger, 8g-ish dose?

The reason I ask is because earlier today I took about 7 g of your/my favorite and man, I was so relaxed. I fell asleep for a while. So I can't imagine how it would keep me up unless I take it 3-4 hours before bed.

Or again, were you referring to the smaller, stimulant doses that I'm more interested in?
Stim doses usually are small.7g is a more opiate-like downer dose...but it depends also from particular strain.Never tried Maeng-Da,so i dont know its effects

Interesting. Without tolerance any strain would keep me up for awhile, even bali... But then again I've always taken large doses of kratom.

The stim effect is present in both large and small doses, however the higher doses the sedation takes over, but the stim effect is still there and prevents me from sleeping for 2 hours minimum.

The stim effect is simply more noticeable in lower doses because the opioid effect isn't present.

It's not like any other stim out there, but eat kratom instead of coffee first thing in the morning and you'll see. Kratom is more effective than caffeine if you are truly tired and groggy.

@Asparagus_Prince Think of it like this: kratom doesn't really stimulate you much beyond normal full wakefulness like Adderall or something. However, it's extremely effective at bringing you back up to full wakefulness if you are legitimately tired or fatigued. It's much much better and more effective than coffee when you are actually tired.

It's one of those things you might not notice at first if you aren't tired and/or comparing it to Adderall.

Take kratom instead of coffee on a groggy sleepless morning and you'll see what I mean. It wakes your ass up, but not in a forceful way like traditional stims.

^^^^^ ik the benifits outeay the risks.
but what about the side effects.
and too much spackle for my stomachh.

^^^^^ ik the benifits outeay the risks.
but what about the side effects.
and too much spackle for my stomachh.
Its hurts the stomach thats right.Especially if you have stomach issues.Many people get hooked hardly on this leaf,cant stop it and feel depressed and scared after some time.That was when i drank this.Six months...till the end my parcel was hold in the customs.I prayed a lot then.My friends monks in nearby monastery too.Getting substance class A through the borders gives you 15-20 years in jail.....the miracle came.After a couple of days I receive my parcel.Opened and sealed again by the customs.Because of the God mercy and prayers i was safe.But that was the end of Kratom for me after six months intake.Going through cold turkey,which was long and bad.So....better alternative if is legal than methadone or subs,but still addictive.Its not a ordinary,harmless herb

Take kratom instead of coffee on a groggy sleepless morning and you'll see what I mean. It wakes your ass up, but not in a forceful way like traditional stims.
Yesterday I took five 4g doses throughout the day. That's the most I've taken in a day so far. Do you consider that a lot? Maybe not for you, but generally?

Yesterday was about the 6th or 7 day in a row of taking it. Giving myself a break from it today and so far not noticing any comedown effects/depression. Thinking about leaving it alone tomorrow too.

Thinking about leaving it alone tomorrow too.
You should, it's addictive just like regular opioids. Withdrawals from high doses can be quite awful and I compare it to real opioids!

Honestly, you've probably experienced all it has to offer other than high doses

it's not amphetamines, its not oxy, it's not really a major drug at all

but damn, it's really good at fixing that itch !

it's no hard drug, but it certainly can act that way in it's own minor fashion in higher doses

I would suggest taking 14g at one go if you want a true kratom experience - but even this is anecdotal and subjective and based on strain

You should, it's addictive just like regular opioids. Withdrawals from high doses can be quite awful and I compare it to real opioids!

Honestly, you've probably experienced all it has to offer other than high doses

it's not amphetamines, its not oxy, it's not really a major drug at all

but damn, it's really good at fixing that itch !

it's no hard drug, but it certainly can act that way in it's own minor fashion in higher doses

I would suggest taking 14g at one go if you want a true kratom experience - but even this is anecdotal and subjective and based on strain
14 g? Whoa! With the white maeng da or the red one?

My largest dose in one go is about 7g, but now I can't remember which strain that was.

I've been consistently taking the white maeng da over the last week. Eager to try a 8g-ish dose of the red maeng da one of these days.

Only negative thing I can say about Kratom so far is that a few days ago I itched so much that it actually left marks with a little blood!

14 g? Whoa! With the white maeng da or the red one?

My largest dose in one go is about 7g, but now I can't remember which strain that was.

I've been consistently taking the white maeng da over the last week. Eager to try a 8g-ish dose of the red maeng da one of these days.

Only negative thing I can say about Kratom so far is that a few days ago I itched so much that it actually left marks with a little blood!

14g of any strain

might make you sick, but thats my normal dose with tolerance

I'm not really suggesting it, just can't really write about kratom without a true high dose

in a few ways, I find it hits harder than a relative oxy dose... not really in a BETTER way, but that's it's full potential

idk, kratom is one of those drugs where the lower your expectations are, the better it gets

In gotten pretty fucked up off OPMS black extract pills , that’s for sure…my favorite way to take it is with a teaspoon” of poppy pod extract and I swear I’m nodding like I just did some dope

I have had opioid tolerance to 600mg morphine (oral), and had high natural tolerance before, tolerating 30mg methadone without any opioid experience (dangerous!!). Now I disliked Kratom because of it's dysphoric activity many strains have, blocking D2 (like antipsychotics) and 5HT2a (also antipsychotics, it's the trip receptor) but kept trying, desperate to find something legal and readily available (RCs take 2 months until delivery and nobody offers courier to Mexico). So now found red vein Borneo from a local vendor, it's not uberly potent but verrryyyy good, I finally understand Kratom @ 10g first dose and 5g bump later during the day. Soo smooth, it's lovely. Makes every day a great day.

Now just I know they say that 5g is an average dose and anything beyond is considered high. But well these strains are so different from each other that I don't care about these recommendements. But my strain is quite potent, so maybe it's just my natural tolerance. Or am I rushing into a withdrawal which is worse than morphine?

Oh, what I forgot. Once I had black resin extract from the time when it was still legal in Switzerland (oh how I LOVE their government's decisions) and I was thinking it was just another inactive brick, so took a good amount and zack, the next I remember is vomiting and nodding hard. So, Kratom CAN be made very strong. Just nobody offers such black resin extracts, I'd love to try it again a bit more carefully.

And I take 600mg pregabalin as well. which is a bad decision because it possibly wastes it to be available as a withdrawal aid.