• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom- Am I Being Too Cautious?

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
Recently decided to give Kratom a try. Was mostly interested in the stimulant effects and it being a possible replacement or alternative when I'm taking Adderall breaks. I did some research and bought a variety of strands and brands. One of the brands I bought was highly recommended by @Negentropic.

First time I started slow with one heaping half-teaspoon, so maybe 1.5-2g. I didn't notice a thing. I realized that dose was pretty low, so I didn't think much of it.

But a couple days later I tried about 3g, and again nothing. Next day I tried 3g of a different brand, nothing.

Today I tried 4g of white vein and maybe I noticed a slight something... but I'm not sure. It's like the first time I took CBD gummies and trying to convince myself that maybe I feel something.

I'm kinda pissed because I keep wasting all this kratom trying to find the right dose.

Is it weird to not feel anything at all with these doses? I'm a relatively big dude. Am I pussyfooting it too much? Do I simply need to crank up the doses?

eh, can you show me a pic of the packaging? (within the rules, we just can't discuss prices)

4g is still a fairly small dose but I'm very surprised almost dumbfounded you don't feel anything if we are talking about the same brand.

I just had some white meang da from Earth Kratom aka NJOY aka Fire Wholesale a few months ago and it fully satiated my dependence and got me buzzed

do you have opioid tolerance or are you on any other meds/drugs??

even if you don't feel the opioid effect it should still be stimulating... equivalent or above a cup of coffee

take 8g and see what happens

what white strain did you buy??

PXL-20220123-004216140.jpg

(this is not their white maeng da, but it comes in similar packaging)

Last edited:
It's the Earth Kratom/distrubued by Fire Wholesale stuff. I have both the white meang da and red Maeng da.

But that's not what I took 4g of earlier today. That was different shit that had pretty good reviews.

I haven't done 4g+ of your stuff yet.

No opioid tolerance problems. I do take Gabapentin off-and-on but not everyday. I have been overdoing Adderall over the last 6 months or so, though.

enjoy :)

just remember, don't take it before bed as it will keep you awake for at least 3-4 hours if you have no tolerance to kratom alkaloids (you can actually nod off this stuff, and it's not unpleasant to stay awake, but just be warned in case you have work or whatever, it feels like a very stimulating opioid comparable to oxymorphone)

their red maeng da is my favorite of all time... and honestly the most abusable and closest to a real narcotic drug (combination of lack of side effects and minimal effect ceiling) - but I am speaking as someone with extremely high tolerance

I would start with just 2-3g of that brand and go from there

I took the 3g before bed and fell asleep fine the other night. But that was probably because of the 50mg Delta8 I took later.

just remember, don't take it before bed as it will keep you awake for at least 3-4 hours if you have no tolerance to kratom alkaloids

their red maeng da is my favorite of all time... and honestly the most abusable and closest to a real narcotic drug (combination of lack of side effects and minimal effect ceiling) - but I am speaking as someone with extremely high tolerance

yeah it's probably not that bad at that dose

I typically always take the maximum possible even when I first started kratom :drool:

I would just jump right into a higher dose if I were you, it's quite a safe drug. I have overdosed countless times and the worst that happens is nausea and dizziness which resolves after 1-2 hours

just remember, don't take it before bed as it will keep you awake for at least 3-4 hours if you have no tolerance to kratom alkaloids (you can actually nod off this stuff, and it's not unpleasant to stay awake, but just be warned in case you have work or whatever, it feels like a very stimulating opioid comparable to oxymorphone)

Yep, that's the same exact bag I have. Had to take a little road trip to get it.

So if I take, say, 2 teaspoons of it you would think I should definitely feel something?

Yep, that's the same exact bag I have. Had to take a little road trip to get it.

So if I take, say, 2 teaspoons of it you would think I should definitely feel something?
PXL-20220123-005904981.jpg

Honestly bro I have no reference, in 10 years I have never once measured it by spoon or teaspoon, I've only eyeballed it after weighing it a few times. That's about a gram in the pic (I am quite accurate, much practice eyeballing). I eat about 15-25 of those per day lol.

Start with about 3x that amount

with kratom doses + or - a gram or two is not a huge deal, it's not something that you can easily take too much of

Recently decided to give Kratom a try. Was mostly interested in the stimulant effects and it being a possible replacement or alternative when I'm taking Adderall breaks. I did some research and bought a variety of strands and brands. One of the brands I bought was highly recommended by @Negentropic.

First time I started slow with one heaping half-teaspoon, so maybe 1.5-2g. I didn't notice a thing. I realized that dose was pretty low, so I didn't think much of it.

But a couple days later I tried about 3g, and again nothing. Next day I tried 3g of a different brand, nothing.

Today I tried 4g of white vein and maybe I noticed a slight something... but I'm not sure. It's like the first time I took CBD gummies and trying to convince myself that maybe I feel something.

I'm kinda pissed because I keep wasting all this kratom trying to find the right dose.

Is it weird to not feel anything at all with these doses? I'm a relatively big dude. Am I pussyfooting it too much? Do I simply need to crank up the doses?
Kratom to some people dont give effect or at least unpleasant effect.Dont know why?

Kratom to some people dont give effect or at least unpleasant effect.Dont know why?
I am either one of those people or the brand I've tried the last few times is shit. 90 minutes ago I tried about 7 g of white vein and absolutely nothing (I should have noticed within 90 minutes right?).

Tomorrow I will go back and try the Earth Kratom at the same dose and see if there's any difference. And I have other brands/stands I still need to try at this higher dose.

I am either one of those people or the brand I've tried the last few times is shit. 90 minutes ago I tried about 7 g of white vein and absolutely nothing (I should have noticed within 90 minutes right?).

Tomorrow I will go back and try the Earth Kratom at the same dose and see if there's any difference. And I have other brands/stands I still need to try at this higher dose.

any update?

and yeah, even on a full stomach kratom should hit you within 60-90min

20-30 min on empty stomach

any update?
Took a tablespoon of our brand earlier tonight and it was nice. Kinda a cross between painkillers and weed. However, that's not the effect I'm looking for. What attracted me to Kratom is multiple people saying it can be similar to Adderall at a certain dose. I'm hoping I can find the right vein/dose for that.

The brand I tried the previous two days must simply be shit. The same dose made me itchy and that's the only thing it did for me. Oh well, that's why I bought many varieties.

What attracted me to Kratom is multiple people saying it can be similar to Adderall at a certain dose. I'm hoping I can find the right vein/dose for that.
hmm... I've never heard anyone compare it to amphetamines or any other stimulant for the matter other than using coffee as a reference

I would suggest Malay or Hulu Kapuas for more of a pure stim effect, but even those aren't worlds different from white maeng da, but definitely more of a pure stim strain

I think you will always be disappointed if trying to compare it to adderall, it just doesn't have that effect

hmm... I've never heard anyone compare it to amphetamines or any other stimulant for the matter other than using coffee as a reference

I would suggest Malay or Hulu Kapuas for more of a pure stim effect, but even those aren't worlds different from white maeng da, but definitely more of a pure stim strain

I think you will always be disappointed if trying to compare it to adderall, it just doesn't have that eeffe
Took a tablespoon of our brand earlier tonight and it was nice. Kinda a cross between painkillers and weed. However, that's not the effect I'm looking for. What attracted me to Kratom is multiple people saying it can be similar to Adderall at a certain dose. I'm hoping I can find the right vein/dose for that.

The brand I tried the previous two days must simply be shit. The same dose made me itchy and that's the only thing it did for me. Oh well, that's why I bought many varieties.
Not comparable to Aderal or strong stims,but some strains have distinct stimulating effect.

I think I disagree with y'all a bit. I had a half-tablespoon of Kratom this morning and that's what I was hoping for. I had a nice, natural-feeling energy without necessarily feeling high. And I was productive.

Not saying it's exactly like Adderall, but close in many ways. Even seemed to suppress my appetite.

I think I disagree with y'all a bit. I had a half-tablespoon of Kratom this morning and that's what I was hoping for. I had a nice, natural-feeling energy without necessarily feeling high. And I was productive.

Not saying it's exactly like Adderall, but close in many ways. Even seemed to suppress my appetite.
I'm trying to acquire a taste for it. It's a bit too strong for me right now since I have something else that is available, of course.

It's so harsh though while waiting and having it try to digest instead of just absorb.

I like the idea but I would have to get used to the sickness I guess to balance out being sick enough to need it. However, that's just me of course because I think it is just helpful for extreme sickness because it is already nauseating enough.

Not to mention it is awful to choke down like real organic dirt.

But all and all I do think it does have some medicinal benefits allot. However the side effects are too awful for me.

And also it makes me feel really drunk and my eyesight all crooked. Maybe the less energetic strains would agree with me more, but I don't know . . if it's even worth it.

I would have to be really sick and I am trying to work through that right now.

Sincerely, though I am not trying to sound snooty and I wish it really would work for me. And it's just so heavy to digest. Not sire how healthy that would be either.

I hope I am okay though. I think energy drinks have done me in. I think it won't be long now until something bad happens to me. Kratom could probably be helpful somehow. If I really need it someday.

I like to have energy though. I don't like to lay around and waste away. If I could get up and do things that would be great. I still just can't work past the heavyness of eating such thick organic.

I will keep trying when my desperate self needs to. Maybe. It was a truamatic experience for me having to try to digest it somehow though. And the effects are weird or not worth it right now.

I love the fact that it does grow naturally though. Like an awesome plant that it is and seems to be !!