• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom(3.2g) and Cannabis(0.25g) - Experienced - Making a simple night in more fun.

St3ve

Bluelighter
Consumed earlier: multivit and mineral tablet x1 and 1x75mg korean ginseng extract. 4 cups of tea consumed between 11.00 and 16.00.

I have experimented with kratom a reasonable amount over the past 5 years. At university I'd order a 50g bag from an online vendor and consume it in about a months time taking a dose of kratom between 3-10 grams every few days or so, leaving at least a few weeks in between before ordering some more. The highest dose I ever took was around 15g at once. At higher amounts kratom becomes a lot more sedating. I find it similar to smoking strong cannabis all day long and then getting to the evening feeling like a brain dead zombie. Finding this effect rather boring, I prefer to keep my kratom doses low. This experience report describes a typical experience for me at my preferred doses of both drugs.

16.47: 3.2g green malay kratom ingested via 150ml banana flavoured yoghurt
16.59: first alerts (slight mental energy boost and subtle mood lift)
17.13: coming up is becoming more evident
17.17: reading scientific paper on neuromechanics, get small rushes of joy when reading interesting things (or when things 'click' in my head)
also noticing increased immersion in reading compared to normal state of mind, although contradictingly I'm also feeling slightly more distractable.
17.21: noticing slightly sweaty hands
17.26: Felt a minor hint of anxiety
17.35: face is starting to feel a bit warm, at doses of 5g or more this effect is much more pronounced.
17.45: stimulation is becoming evident, I'm writing notes at a furious pace!
17.55: small twinge of anxiety
18.10: effects felt more strongly than an hour ago. Mild "heavy feeling" in stomach is evident now, and I am very absorbed into making notes and reading.
(note:From past kratom experiences I know that this heavy feeling in the stomach is far more evident when kratom is taken on an empty(ish) stomach.
Taking it right after eating produces very little "stomach heavyness" but overall effects take longer to manifest and are not as powerful).
18.40: have just eaten a meal and can start to feel my face get warm again. From past experiments I've noted inconsistent effects of kratom on appetite.
Generally, especially at higher doses, I tend to find it anorexic. Although once the effects start to wear off this is followed by
"kratom munchies"! Occasionally though, low doses like this can actually make me feel very hungry at their peak.
18.50: peak effects seem to have been reached and I'm at plateau.
18.57: woman outside is shouting angrily at someone else. I find it highly irritating and have to refrain from shouting out of my window to shut the fuck up.
irritability appears to be a side effect of green malay kratom I have not ever experienced with White sumatra or thai kratom.
19.20: Went for a walk and one joint of cannabis was consumed 0.15g with tobacco. Marijuana mixture of 1:1:1 white widow x bubble, afghan black hash, morrocan blonde hash.
19.30: I feel an increase in the stimulated effect with a hazy cannabis like mental state. Cannabis and kratom in modest doses go incredibly well together. At higher doses of both I tend to find that my head feels too fuzzy for it to be enjoyable. At this point the sun is going down and there's a wonderful glow on all the trees and plants in the park, I'm feeling very content and happy.
20.02: got back home from walk. Cannabis effects are reducing, but physical stimulation still present.
21.07: Starting to feel more relaxed and sedated now, mental stimulation is still somewhat evident but physical desire to move has gone.
22.00: one hit of hash was smoked from my pipe, I watched some TV and felt content and slightly giggly.
24.00: Went to bed around this time, and slept for a good 11 hours...