• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Knowing your limits

Heh heh... just the thread I needed to see right now (Monday 24/12/01 - 9:50PM)... ;)

I don't know what my limits are with most drugs (with tryptamines my limit is well known - zero)
I've never got a point where I've thought "I really went too far that time", and I don't intend to take enough drugs to ever get to that point...
I have pushed myself tho, specially in the last month or so and its definately time to back down, 'cos I don't know what my limits are, and I don't want to find out...

well said people.
i don't know what i'd do if any of you ever pushed yoursleves TOO much. i don't even want to think about things like that, however i want to reinforce the fact you don't havt to use drugs to have a good time. they can in fact make things a lot less fun. that is almost guarenteed for the long term.
we all have our own reasons for doing them. but if your reasons ever seem to be 'just to escape reality', that would make me think that reality is something that needs to be faced. for the simple reason if you don't face reality, then you may loose it.
it's good to escape once in a while, but if you continually use drugs for this purpose, you're only kidding yourself. you know you're only going to escape for a few hours at the most, and after it all, it's going to be a damn lot worse.
long ago in the past, i pushed myself to my limit. actually, past my limit, and there is no way i'm going to do that again. it's not fun. i also have to point out this was way before bluelight entered my life. if i'd known about bluelight then, i'd never had done what i did and been where i went. (thanx bluelight). i see it as a very positive thing though - knowing my limits. i now have the first hand knowledge that pushing myself isn't the way to have fun.
i'm sure my mates can vouch for me that i now know how to have fun! in fact, if you see me having a fucking good time at a party, i'm more likely to be straight! and yes, puddles ARE evil. ;)
please don't push yoursleves people. never go out and say to yourself, "fuck, i want to get really mashed tonight". just have fun and enjoy your mates company. don't judge people if they do differently. everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. look after your mates. make sure there's always someone to look after you. it'll make your night 100% better knowing your with people who care about you. (no macho stuf guys!!)
and finally, on that note: P.L.U.R.
sorry, had to be done.
*hugs to all* and most impartantly - have fun, and know (or judge) you limits. and do so when you're straight. you will never say to yourslef, "that's enough drugs for me" when you're peaking off you nut!!! :D
:::::moderation people, moderation!::::::

*huggles for Tarsi...* :)
knowing your limits is a good thing.how ever it does not come instantly. it is something that is earnt gradually. it takes a lot to realise your limits. to be able to pull back when you know your either going to hard or to fast.
if someone does go to fast and you dont know what to do or you feel gelpless in the situation, sometimes or most of the time it is best to let people deal with these things that have been through similar situations like this before.that way you not only get to learn from the experience but you are also preoared incase you are needed again one day.
establish your limits, recognise them, know when to pull back and if you are at a 'level' where you dont feel safe in the subsatnce,its effects or feel a bit insecure...seek sopmeone who knows how to make you feel secure, safe. someone who is experienced and will be there for you to make you enjoy the 'substance' not be scared of it. :)
*hugs* :)
*queensmack*

this is a cool reminder thread....
and i'm sure few of us who had the experience of overdiong it cannot stress enough how we should be aware.....and what pissed me off sometimes is that even their own mates don;t even care...
i went to this rave and see this guy off his tree like u wouldn't believe and he was having panic attack....but his mates were just dancing careless about his condition.....
i ended up taking him outside and calmed him down ...give him a bottle of water...and basically just sit outside for about half an hour ...(i've never met him in my life)
in the mornign after he thanked and hugged me.....
but the thign that i don;t understand is like his mates just absofuckinliutely careless by dancing and not even stepping out of the dance floor to make sure if he's allright....
;-(

considering the morning i am having this is probably the appropriate thread for me to be ranting in. i am currently at a party with some bluelighters, including my other half...my special person...the one i love. i am feeling ridiculously sick at this point in time too. it is so hard to sit back and watch friends you care about, and especially the person you love, fuck themselves up beyond all recognition. i am a mixture of sick at the thought of the amount of drugs consumed, angry because i asked him not to take what he did, and hurt because he did it. and now i hafta sit back and watch whilst he trips for the next 24 hours because he has consumed waaaay too much acid and not to mention the continuous K-hole because he has had waaay too much K as well. i am fucking frustrated but its not like i can talk to any of them because they are all well and truly fucked...far beyond their limits. i cant even call anyone because its 8am on a sunday and you are all sleeping! (or passed out ;) ) i really wish people would stop and think about what they are taking and how much of it. you might think it is fun to get fucked up like that but its not!! you might enjoy it at the time but dont go pushing your limits because, as someone here put it, you just want to see what it is like...trust me im ok... unfortunately right now you dont look ok. i hope everyone thinks about what they take over new years and at recoverys and stuff...and just think about how stupid you look when you test your threshold and fuck out. it isnt just you it affects, but the people around you who care for you too...
NB: mods if this is too personal or inappropriate feel free to edit/delete

New Years is coming up, a time when just about everyone gets royally fucked up...
Please be careful people...

I seriously hope that the cycle isn't repeating itself. I have no idea of the specifics, but from the sounds of it it looks like a lot of people that said they wouldn't do this again have gone and done it again. Is this thread simply here to make us feel all warm and fuzzy because it proves we know the theory to harm minimisation, regardless of whether or not we practice it in real life? Are people merely being responsible in cyber world, when being responsible in the real word is what ultimately matters?
I remember a day when what was said on bluelight echoed the way people behaved in real life. Now I'd almost go as far to say that there's a culture where it's cool to get fucked up (and I'm talking generally here - I've seen and heard some similar stories from Melbourne which compare to what leecie is referring to in Sydney). It's one thing to test your pills, but if you're going to have 8 of them then you're almost as silly as someone who doesn't test.
There's a big night coming up on Monday. Please be careful.
Next time everyone goes and posts something about harm reduction and being responsible, stop and think about whether you're saying it because you believe and practice it, or because you believe you're supposed to. I think a lot of people need to start taking some of their own cyber advice and applying it to reality a bit more often.

lil leecie.i feel for you,my girl doesent rock .she drinks herself into oblivion. and i spend the next day at clinic ,with her getting a shot (to stop her throwing up all day )and then her being grumpy the rest of the day,its worrying and makes me angry cause it happens every other w/end,she is so self rightious ,"its just alchahol,your a @#$% druggy says she"phew i feel better now.

Originally posted by Pleonastic:
Next time everyone goes and posts something about harm reduction and being responsible, stop and think about whether you're saying it because you believe and practice it, or because you believe you're supposed to. I think a lot of people need to start taking some of their own cyber advice and applying it to reality a bit more often.
I said the same thing on the drugs and driving thing and got attacked. It's good to know that someone else shares my views. Harm minimisation isn't just for n00bs, it's for all of us.
Yes, I admit, I'm being somewhat hypocritical here, I often go harder than I should, but I do believe in everything I type, and I don't think it's just rules that others should follow. I just have weaknesses that's all.

"whilst he trips for the next 24 hours because he has consumed waaaay too much acid and not to mention the continuous K-hole because he has had waaay too much K as well"
THAT is "hectic"
as my ethnic friends would say
that cant be good for you
give them a mad kick up the ass with big ass metal capped boots!

Hope everyone had a safe and funky NYE!
*bump*
-plaz out-

Just popping in to clarify a couple of things..
I didn’t have too much of anything, I had more tabs than usual but not by many, I wasn’t testing my limits and it wasn’t the acid or K (or the combo of them) that fucked me up. The main problems were the people I was with who were having a totally different kind of trip, I didn’t feel completely safe in the environment, and I’ve been stressed lately. Other contributing factors were the attitude I went into the trip with (negative and thinking too much about having a bad trip), being slightly depressed and things occurring during the trip, which made me further depressed, and a whole host of other things that happened over the night/day. All these things made what was meant to be a fun experience something totally different.
It’s a personal issue and a fuss has been made out of nothing really although I have learnt a couple of valuable lessons. If anyone really wants to know about it then you can write an email, send an icq message, or call me some time.
I hope I’ve cleared this up with out causing any more trouble and most of all I hope you all had a great new year! :)

funny that i bumped this thread just before two tribes, and look what happened there...
:\

geez...it seemed alot of people pushed their limits at both sydney and melbourne TT. So sad and so frustrating...and definately a reality check. Seeing 3 different ambulances rushing people off, defribulators jump starting people, people carried out on stretchers with tubes down their throats...*shudder*
as beckasaurus and i were discussing whilst witnessing one of these reality checks, we really are lucky to have such a good network on bluelight. thank god everyone i know had a safe night, and i hope all you guys in melbourne were ok too (are you looking after my queensmack tarsy?!?!)
but yeah...wow...eye opener...

I just had a thought float through my one remaining braincell. Has it occurred to anyone that to "Know your limits" you have to find them first? So this may mean pushing it till you fuckout, then taking one step back and saying "Ok, I now KNOW what I can and cannot do". I've not found my limits yet, that I know.
-plaz out-

posted 05 October 2001 flutter said:
The problem with pushing your limits is that there is an VERY thin line between being ok and being fucked up....and you can never be sure where the line ends and starts.