• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Knowing your limits

im begging with "knowing your limits"
cause of course people can handle alot of drugs and not fuck up... but the point is...
NO ONE needs to KNOW your limits.... now you many disagree with me about this... but my point is...
why fuck around with your limits... just KNOW THAT YOU HAVE LIMITS AND THEIR NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH...
and beleive me.... YOU DONT WANT TO REACH YOUR LIMITS..... cause then you'll be fucked, and more then likely all future drug taking will not be as good...
beleive me, ive almost got too my limits, and its too scary to comprehend. you can get really fucked (but in a good way) with a combination of quality drugs, but as we all know MORE PILLS does not equal MORE FUN. same goes for trips, the first 1 or 2, might be ok for you to handle, and for the first part of the trip you'll be allright, but anything over that and you know its gonna hurt your brain, especially if you include pot. mixing K with LSD is pretty much ludicrous... i mean fuck your on LSD allready, you dont need fucking K, wait till the LSD wears off and enjoy K for what it is, you dont wanna have to be perceiving the effects of K with a sleep deprived lsd'd pilled out brain... i dont care if he said he had fun.... he's bullshitting.... and im not sure if he had G or 1/4 b... but anyways, i prolly know this person (i dont know who it is) but either way THEY ARE TOTALLY FUCKING STUPID... and i hoped they learnt a lesson by what happened and maybe a little trip to the hospital could of done some good. i hope they serve as an example to other bl's.....
you people need to get the idea out of your head that MORE DRUGS = MORE FUN, it can be so long as you treat with respect and use common sense and knowledge when combining substances.
it seems to me, that people think that they are "knowledge enriched bluelighters" that they are invinsible...
im really irked by this. it gives BL a bad name

[rant]
OK, most of you only met me for the first time at Utopia on the weekend. I've only been into the whole party drugs scene for a month, and I can tell you now...
Sunday was completely fucked.
Now, I can't believe the shite that was going on. That really scared me that day, seeing so many people just hoovering up substances with seemingly no regard.
I'm not saying that what people were doing is bad, it was just way over the top in my opinion. I mean, what I consumed to some people wouldn't have been much, but considering what I'd had before, that was heaps. I'm definately having a break until Mystic 6, no doubt about it.
If I had had the opportunity that day, I would have left and come back home to Canberra. However, I didn't, and am glad now, cause Slinky kicked ass, despite Mario Piu not showing up.
Now, that weekend, I helped two people out of dodgy situations, cause I didn't want anyone having to undergo those sort of situations. In the process, I gave up a lot of my Utopia night, and my enthusiasm for Slinky was majorly removed.
My nature is to help people no matter what, and I'd really not like to have to do what I did again.
Anyway, I'll stop this ranting in which I'm sure I would have managed to piss people off.
But please guys, take care of yourself. That was really fucked on the weekend.
------------------
Cameras ready, prepare to flash...

I deleted a post I wrote earlier in reply to Stylin, mainly because I was angry and didn't feel that my post conveyed what I wanted to say.
My thanks goes to everyone who has been mature enough to make constructive comments. The whole point of me posting in the first place was to remind everyone that it's not hard to think before you swallow/rail comments like you guys seem to be a bunch of trashbags have really got me on the wrong side right now. They are unjustified, unfair and overgeneralised oponions formed through innuendo and rumours.
And you should know your limits. Now by this, I don't mean know them by testing them out but you should know when things are just stupid. It's not hard to know when you've had enough. To me, knowing your limits does not mean finding them out by eating as much as possible, it means knowing that I've had whatever amount today and I don't really need any more. Taking that 10 secs to think before you put the next drug into your system.
[edit] Dante, what you perhaps didn't see is how many of us stopped when we'd had enough or had a break before going back to it. [/edit]
[This message has been edited by PsychoKitten (edited 03 October 2001).]

I dont know the people involved, and I obviously dont know the full situations, BUT for Bluelighters to think about calling an Ambulance, you obviously have to be pretty fucked on drugs!
Please people, I don't want to have to come to Bluelight on a Monday and read about someone killing themselves.
Obviously some people need to sit down and think about why they party and take drugs, and examine their behaviour.
And if you think I'm out of line, just think of me as your well-meaning grumpy old cunt of a grandfather.
I really do worry about you guys! Play safe...

We don't always need drugs people. Said in a good way. We'll in for a good ride, doesn't have to be a high ride..
well said wazza. i don't know my exact limits, because i'm scared to reach them. But, i have a very good idea about how much is too much for me and what is just right. i just wish more people (not only bluelighters) would realise that they don't need to take drugs to have a good time and it doesn't make you cooler to take drugs at an event/rave/club. it makes me so fucking sad to see people who think that they can't go into a club straight and have a good time, sure drugs make it better but if the only reason you have a good time is because you're not straight is sad. it's all about the music and the people you go with, the rest are just accessories.
peace
rc1n

we all know our limits and time and experience will "tell" us so.
like ive said b4, alot of us go thru alot of shit before we realise where our limit is. And that is good ... better than those who always try to push their limits and then crash all the time till there is no turning back.

Ech..
That aforementioned abuser was me.
Sorry to all for being so stupid and over doing it, I have learnt from this. Thanks to all who helped me outta such an icky situation, especially Kitty & Dante.
I did stop once I realised how fucked I was and handed over my pill & money as I couldn't really control myself.....
-babu
frown.gif

[edit]
[/edit]
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...
[This message has been edited by apollo* (edited 07 October 2001).]

Well said all.
*bunny nods*
What is our aim people.. go out, have a good time? Or go out and get fucked up and regret it for a long time?
To those who dont know the answer, Learn that lesson quick kiddies, enjoy yourself... but avoid getting REAL fucked up. The only one it will come back and bite on the ass is you......
smile.gif

"the only one it will come back and bite on the ass is you"
Crap!! It won't only affect you.....it'll affect those who love and care about you as well....like I said before, we need to remember how people around us are gonna feel when they see us going over the edge
frown.gif

babu i hope u really have learned from this....i was devastated watching u on sunday - yes i didn't make it obvious, but u all know how bubbley, chatty and "out there" i usually am...my general lack of communication sunday afternoon was testament to just how much it affected me....babs, u r only 17 - ur brain hasn't even finished developing yet....please please please look after it........
*tears of frustration*

I, too, agree wholeheartedly with the comments re: knowing your limits.
I missed both the bluelight meetup + the first 45 minutes or so of Infected Mushroom's live set Saturday night because a friend of mine (who I care for deeply) over-stepped her boundaries. Thankfully she made a full recovery within a couple of hours (having given herself more of a scare rather than causing any real damage) and was wise enough to avoid taking any more substances during the course of the night.
Needless to say, this was an immensely stressful experience for _all_ involved, and, sadly, something that could have easily been prevented. I think people often lose sight of the fact that recreational drug use is for _enhancing_ a night out rather than _dominating_ it.
Take care.

Damn good point.....but it saddens me that so many people give u shit when u say u dun take the drugs for the drug's sake, but rather to enhance things......like, when I posted that I take my pills cos I love how it enhances the music for me...certain peeps took the piss outta me for that
frown.gif
It's almost as though there's a mentality of "if u take ur drugs for any reason other than to get fucked up, ur not cool".....well pfffffft is all I have to say to that
wink.gif

yes, i must say, wot i saw on sunday made me SICK. i was not there for the fuck-out, but i could tell that it was going to happen to someone.
by saying i thought it was sick, i will probably be flamed for "not being one of us" or "being jealous i wasn't a part of it" but fuck it, i don't really care...
guys, yes, taking drugs is dangerous... yes, i have pushed my limits a few times, and have learned from the situation...
being one of the only straight ppl at the wreckovery, wot really made me sick was ppl seemed to only be hanging out for more drugs, and not for each other...
guys, please be careful, but after last weekend, i know i am winding down my useage...
------------------
** ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS HERE **
For a good time, call Lucy (02)82500327

well im not surprised at the least, i heard what was going on at the recovery and was expecting it......
ever since the Kryal castle trip i have said that blue lighters moderate each drug use but not total drug use eg :variety of drugs taken....
it seems that a little information can make us all more dangerous than a uninformed person..
i know this is not the case with all ppl some of us have our heads screwed on, usually after we push our limits.
just remember we are putting toxins into our body and at some point our body will stop wwith shock and poisoning.......once again
people, please be careful
mick
CodeBlue Harm Reduction
"because sometimes what you dont Know can harm you"
------------------
the consciouness of self is the greatest hinderance to the correct execution of any physical action... u dont exist therefore there are no boundaries or limits

That was a pretty confronting Sunday for me to see, seeing as though I had only ever popped one pill before. However, I was glad that people there werse sensible and took time out to look after everyone else, instead of just being involved in their own drug taking. I wasn't sure of my limits, but I felt quite safe listening to everyone's opinions and learning more about what was going into my body, and what it's effects were going to be. Everytime you put something into your body, you're taking a risk, and I thank everyone there for everything they did for me and others. Luckily I just had a fantastic time, and was still sketchy by Tuesday!!

i think everyone should remember the appropriate term, "dose." this maybe different for each person and as a lot of people have already stated more doesn't equate with better. remember that it isn't all about the drugs and let yourself get into a night and don't be so concerned with being a drug hoover. an important one especially with ice. you can smoke a lot of it but you won't notice the effects it will just charge you like a battery and keep you going..
be well.
------------------
"i'd give up my next life if i thought that it would help."

Pre-weekend bump, watch out for yourselves and each other!
------------------
The only thing I'm good at is being bad.

The problem with pushing your limits is that there is an VERY thin line between being ok and being fucked up....and you can never be sure where the line ends and starts.
I'm quite happy to stay well away from my limits these days. I know when i'm having a good time and i just ride it out from there.
Please be careful guys.....and i hope we all learnt something from this experience.
babu.....i hope you're ok now
smile.gif

You're lucky you've got such caring friends!

Okay im about to jump into the arena...
On Sunday, there was only a rather small amount of people getting high. I was one of them, so was K9, and there were probably about 4 or 5 more at the most. The rest of the gang was cracking bulbs for most of the time. I noticed several people lying around the pool, several lying on the couch, and a few just sitting around. As far as i was concerned, i saw a lot of people having a good time. Everyone sitting at or around the table spent most of the time chatting, and there were several people distancing themselves from the drugs all together, which was completely fine.
I think that the event has been exaggerated in my opinion, and im sure that i have been one to spread the hype. Yes there is an issue about knowing your limits that must be addressed, but dont victimise the people who were doing drugs on Sunday and knew how to handle themselves.
To some people, Sunday was completely fucked. Maybe it was the shock of seeing that many drugs before, maybe it was the sleep deprivation talking. All i know is that myself and several of my good mates had the best recovery party ever. As for the future, i believe that we as Bluelighters will always have conflicting thoughts on what is and isnt acceptable, and the sooner we define and address these issues, the sooner we can have safe and enjoyable times.
Mooch
------------------
Oh the pain, oh the humanity...

[edit]
[/edit]
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...
[This message has been edited by apollo* (edited 07 October 2001).]