Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

I know your posts are old but I'm in the same boat. How are you feeling now

The thread started over a year ago but I relapsed hard for a year before now being clean over a month. Every day is a challenge all its own so to take each day as it comes is important.

I found myself last night search for head shops around work and thinking of ways to buy kratom without my wife finding out (thought about using around the new year). I caught myself while in the midst of searching and closed it down and found something else to occupy my mind. It truly is easier to go through withdrawals then to remain sober but with each temptation I defeat it makes me feel stronger mentally and builds confidence that I don't have to relapse.

Currently reading Gabor Mate's book "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts" which I have been able to draw great insight into addiction from, why our addictions are so powerful and how to truly appreciate waking up sober every morning.

That's the way.. when I began I counted the hours too. I'm now 2 days from 9 months sober.
I can relate to your feelings.

This is about your victory!! :)

How are you feeling? Can you sleep well?

All the best!
Erik

That's the way.. when I began I counted the hours too. I'm now 2 days from 9 months sober.
I can relate to your feelings.

This is about your victory!! :)

How are you feeling? Can you sleep well?

All the best!
Erik

9 months?! Congrats!!! I found myself dreaming about a sober Christmas holiday and I am excited for it.

Sleep has been fine. Not taking anything at all and haven't for weeks now. I am so beat by the end of the day it is easy to fall asleep. Before I'd be tired from the work day and just load kratom and stay up late gaming or watching movie. Not any more.

Thanks man! :)
You can have a sober Christmas. It's up to you. No matter how life may treat you, you are in charge!!

Way to keep it up KD! Good to see you're sleeping good at this point and kicking ass with working out. I've been working my taper as well and planning on jumping on Friday. Finally arranged a few days off and want to free of everything by Thanksgiving. Imagine I won't be feeling the greatest but should be over the worst of the acutes.

So did you end up seeing those fights? If ya did, craziness right?? I personally was glad to see Holm take the belt. Was a helluva performance!

When I see people fighting because of Kratom I keep thinking why is this legal while weeds aren't?
If Kratom is legal in US, it makes no sense in prohibiting marijuana as IMO it's a lighter "drug" and already legalized in so many states.

I'm not against Kratom being legal. I just don't understand the logic.

Absolutely!!
Visit our TDS threads. It's about recovery and you'll find great posts there as well.
Go live your life, recover your endorphin. I say live in the present, once day at a time
'The world is yours'!! Enjoy it!!

Lethargic days and cravings will pay you a visit but you can always leave it for the next day
- and -
at the mean time, exercises will be great for you. Or maybe a hobby. Get your life back :)
Success my friend! I wish you all the best from my heart!

I know I love it here man I've come a long long way. I started posting on here under another username in like 2012 when I was in the midst of serious poly drug abuse.

Now I don't do much but a lil Kratom and smoke weed. This forum kept me from killing myself.

Finding the energy to do everything I want to do drove me to use kratom but it's just a crutch. My life is fairly fulfilling but whatever I need to do to not get high is definitely the key. I appreciate the advice and you're 100# right.

The kind folks and support in this forum helped me to get there. I know I'm not alone

Day 41

Survived another test this weekend as I went out of state to visit a good friend and to drink, play board and video games and just bullshit. I contemplated numerous times about visiting a head shop nearby to get kratom "just for the weekend".

I ended up talking myself out of it however and then amongst our copious drinking, actually came clean to my friend and his wife about my long battle with kratom and General abuse of opiates my entries adult life. They had no idea but were supportive and related some of their own personal struggles to me as well. They said to call them if I ever need someone to talk to or need help which meant a lot. They are really the first people I came completely clean took about all my drug use and not just the kratom. Felt good to share and even though was hungover on Sunday, my resolve was strengthened.

Another test passed - now bring on turkey day!!!!

Alright KD!! Life and tests make us stronger every time. Don't fall for it. Be strong!
Always leave to the following day or to the next hour.
Practice makes it perfect, right?
Keep up my friend!!
Erik

Day 43 - been kind of down the last couple days but done work at 9 AM today and it's off until Monday.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I think we can all find at least one thing to be thankful for this year :)

congrats fellas..i imagine with kratom and staying away from it forever would be difficult because

a-easy to get..internet, credit card, u have it in 2 days..
b-its a very affordable 'habit'..unless u take 50 grams a day kratom is not an expensive addiction and on it u are quite functional so it doesnt disrupt your lifestyle like heroin and cocaine tends to do..
c-very nice high or feeling, u are more productive on it, at least i am..

^^on and i forgot

d-kratom is easy to kick..u will be pretty tired for a few days, runny nose, restless legs but all this can be countered with a few medications..