• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

Restlessness is the worst for me. That's something I've always keep it very clear in my mind to I'd never go back opiates. Simply horrible, argh..

I say, beat the kratom withdrawals with more legal herbs! Try a combination of Blue Lotus, Passionflower and Kava. Or whichever of these you prefer. They should all help with the anxiety and issues associated with kratom withdrawal. It breaks my heart to hear of people becoming addicted to Kratom because I see it as such a useful plant... the more people that are becoming hooked on it, the more worried I become that our government will make it illegal because addiction to kratom is synonymous to these people as an addiction to heroin. Addiction is addiction. With that said, I am a scientific minded person so there's no denying the fact that kratom can cause dependence and it's not your fault you became dependent on it. The best thing to do from here is seeking help outside of just herbs. I'd suggest seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist that can better assist you why you feel such a strong urge to self medicate to begin with. Using the herbs to come off kratom is useful for the withdrawals... but once you're 100% sober again.. will you be able to remain sober? That's the biggest issue. Getting off of the substance is only a tiny part of the battle. The hardest part is learning to be okay with being sober.

I still have no idea how to accomplish that. I've seen therapists, psychiatrists etc for years... and recently quit meth, heroin and benzo addiction. (about 4 months ago)... I still use weed and kratom maybe once or twice a week because sobriety is still very painful and difficult for me. I wish I knew the secret to how to enjoy life without substances but I don't.

Hope this helps~

I would agree with that.
Being 100% sorber is not possible. Think, some pll smoke, some drink tea, coffee or even sugar.
On a biological side I think "addiction" is also binded in our DNA. But on every person it is different. Some can get more addicted some nether.

Why is that so? In the past beings realized that some things makes you feeling better. So it was good for the being and his clan or whatever. You know the scene where in Africa all kind of animals are eaten rotten fruits, to get drunk from the alcohol?

It is inside us. I would not blame anyone to take drugs irregularly. Get some beer or something makes you more confortable. Because you can focus or not - depends on the drug - in a not normal way. Which can be healing.

Seeing an Antilope with a Lion side be side is funny.

You can also reach this way, with autogenous training or mediating. But this takes years to get it right.
Also do not forget the mystical way and traditions - many tribes make with the shaman sessions.

The truth is three sided sword - if you know that sentence.

But really great what you have done until now KD - keep going :)

Regards LifeIsStrange

Camjua, I agree with you.

I see that eventually we are going to provide the Government what exactly what it needs to prohibit Kratom.
This was actually a question I have made a couple of weeks ago. In view of all these addiction I was confused why Kratom would still be allowed.

I had never used Kratom, but being on hardcore opiates I could see Kratom like an escape, something not that toxic. But I don't know.

Drinking turns people to alcoholics everyday but there is an immense industry and publicity around this.
And we are talking about a substance that is many times compared to Heroin in terms of physical addition and social problems when it comes to the final stages of an alcoholic who's lost everything in life, including family and morals.

I thought Kratom was just a mild herb which would not be as toxic or as chemical as any other opiate. Something definitely better than methadone for example. But, like you said. It's addition and addiction is what it is. Most of us know how hard it is to deal with that.

This is something we can't rationalize. And since everyone is different, for you it's probably working better as you can manage an addiction that was not going well for you. Some people start smoking weed to make it easier when they have sobered up from heroin and are no longer in dangerous.

I still believe people should try to seek for help, whether this comes from a psychiatrist or a psychologist or both. There are NA meetings, doctors specialized in addiction etc, etc. If you can't succeed on your own, it does not mean you are weak it means you need to work harder to find solutions that would be more suitable to you.

Day 46

I don't think that once one is sober you have to refrain from all mood altering substances. I drink coffee daily and alcohol maybe once a week on average. So long as it doesn't negatively impact your life, there is no harm in my opinion. Kratom robbed me of my motivation and thousands upon thousands of dollars. That was a huge negative that made me want to leave it behind. I still think about using it almost daily but I would rather think about it daily then be a helpless slave to a plant.

Everyone is different but depending on what substances you may be talking about they could eventually serve as a trigger. It's a matter of time.

I can fully relate to those who use Kratom to deal with heroin addiction as I used methadone for years and it was horrible to break through this!!

Of course when we stop doing what we like most it's normal to feel as if you'd be 'out of endorphin' and eventually depressed.
With efforts, time, exercises etc, you should be able to go through different phases and experience what's being sober is all about. Realize all we can do using our own tools.
I know it's not as easy as it sounds but I'm trying hard and have experienced great moments.

In the beginning when you were incredible happy about having quit Kratom and got rid of the physical issues, I sort of anticipated that not always this felling persists.
What I was trying to say is that once this feeling of victory fades away you should be prepared to deal with your emotions that will obviously be there. After all that's how we get into drugs in some cases.

I have tried to get over my sadness after I had dealt with my withdrawal issues from my addiction.
I was lethargic and frequently very tired. It took a while for me to understand how exercises would make me feel better but I once I've tried that I could see it was the only way for me to get over this and move on.

It was difficult but doable and definitely worth it. It took more time than I had imagined but I'm now able to have some few happy moments. This is a small miracle for me as addiction took my best years, literally more than a decade and I'm 9 months off now. So, when I'm not having a good day I can deal with it. At least for today.

Good luck to all!! :)

Last edited:
Seriously into strong opiates for almost 15 years. Methadone alone for 7-8 years.
All of that until last year when I really started working on coming off totally which I did.

I was always pretty committed with my responsibilities as I was a father when I was 19 years old.
So working was not an option and I could not let go my studies.
Difficult times as I unfortunately started very early in life.

I'm now totally sober for 9+ months and have been seriously doing lots of exercises and follow up with my psychologist and a psychiatrist/clinical doctor as from 2014. Have had breaks before. Not as good as meaningful as this one, so I wish to believe.

I'm feeling quite positive as I had never really gone through all of the important stuff like exercises, therapy, NA meetings, etc. Thanks to BL 'big time'.
Besides, I have been working a lot from the past 2 years.

Fingers crossed. One day at a time! :)
Erik

Last edited:
I bow to you - you are a demon killer :)
15 years on that shit. How did you quit? Must be a huge load that you have to give your body every time.
So how? Tapering? Switching? (Can't believe that a body could handle this cold turkey, after that long period of time).

Cheers
LifeIsStrange

It seems that amused you.
Anyways..

Lots of people live on methadone with dignity for years and years. Not so many get out of that.
I'm quite proud of myself, it was far from being easy. And I needed medical support for a couple of months.
And still follow up with therapy, exercises and work. My family and friends are great supporters.
During all of this time I kept on working, studying and supporting my family. It was a lonely life.

I started having problems with opiates due to a medical condition that led me to an extensive surgery I was submitted to.
So the years before and after were not easy to deal. It's not fun to be in pain, regardless if you have magic pills or not.

I'm not happy that I abused it in seek of better conditions and to keep up with my tolerance. I was young and naïve.
But I can now relate to many of those who are here today trying to deal with it.

I thought that by sharing my life would give some people a perspective of how troubled life can be when you decide to go further with substances like that.

It seems that amused you.
Are you serious or is my English so bad? I meant what I mean. Really. Seen the trailer of Oxyana now. I will never ever laugh or make jokes if someone is suffering or was suffering. Now I read the rest of your answer. And thanks that you had answered even if you think I did make a joke on you.

Hugs
LifeIsStrange

Sorry - now I see what made you feel like that. That freaking smiley...
I do not found a proper one. Like a slap on the back smiley. Sorry for that. I have none to less sleep the last days. Because of my alcohol WD. My brain is not working properly. Sorry again for that.

It's all good LifeIsStrange.
It's a sensitive issue.
No worries.

Good luck with your alcohol WD.
Erik.

Thanks Erik :)

May be you have a clue. My disc pain from my operation last year is killing all the alcohol WD ATM. But it hurts so badly ATM. If I only had some Tramadol here. Fuck have only here this shitty Metamizol which kills your immune system. Reported deaths, banns in so many country. It won't kick/buzz you in any way. That is why they described this fucking medicine so widely in Germany. In Germany it is so hard to get the right painkillers. Because you they say you get addicted from opiates surely. Oh dear, how I love this country...
... but hey no WD. Haha. Another experience now. :!

Used French brandy [Spiritus vini gallici] and rubbed my back with it. It but pain is still so hard that I can not move rightly. Every time I go into my knees pain top, every time I stand up same.
That is a pity. Want to clean up my room just to do something to feel no WD.
Alcohol was a good painkiller. But I will not touch this fucking shit again. Because for the right dose, I get 100% gabba rebound. And this will start again my odyssey. No way.

Not good...

... okay found a solution in my medbox. I am a real little medic: Dimethylsulfoxid. Rubbed my back with it and ingested 6g of it. No pain! :D
I am such a freak - but it works and is non toxic, plus antioxidants. So no vitamins get destroyed. Only downside the Menthol in the Spiritus vini gallici feels now min 10 times stronger. Too much next time will not use the vini gallici. But I think there will be no bad interactions with my inner body. So it feels like a little bit pepper spray or little needles in the back. But hey - got no pain. Goal reached. Can go back - cleaning up my room.

Day 49

Came to the pleasant realization while brushing my teeth this morning that the bad tooth pains I had in the weeks after quitting are completely gone. Just as the dentist suspected, I was likely clenching my teeth at night due to the anxiety. Happy to say sleep comes relatively easy these days and is peaceful and regenerating.

I still and always have tossed and turned a lot but that is nothing new.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and can look toward the upcoming holiday season with hope, joy and appreciation. Sobriety is the best gift anyone can give themself and their loved ones.

Day 55

Been battling the last day or so with the thought of using my "reward points" with a particular kratom vendor to purchase 50 600 mg Bali capsules. Very cheap.

The impetus? My wife is going out of state for business this weekend and returns Tuesday night. This amount of kratom would be between 5-7 doses. My brain tells me it would be nice to use it a little bit and kick back and play video games. Just unwind. My experience tells me this same thought has sabotaged previous attempts at staying off Kratom.

The difference here is that I wouldn't be able to jump back into using because of coming clean to my wife about the addiction and not being able to hide it from her. I know going behind her back to use just a little bit, even if that was all I took, is still bad news.

The struggle is real....

Stay strong KratomDemon, i feel that urge to my core, but the problems that can come about with the woman you love is never worth it. The worst feeling is losing trust that you just gained back, so i hope you stay strong and get through these next few days clean and free from the true demon of kratom.