• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Tolerance & Addiction

I stopped taking ketamine over 2 years ago, but I still think about ketamine often. Luckily, I don't have access to some anymore.

It is the ultimate escapist drug, and definitely very addicting. I don't believe that is seriously toxic in chronic use, but like any powerful drug, will change your personality over time with heavy use.
People who deal it to me get annoyed when I mention how addicting it is, but they are either foolish or trying to protect their elite reputation. (this neighbourhood is ripe with morons).

JuicyJay, thanks for sharing but please try not to be so incriminating... for your own good. :)

kitty does enough damage, u coulld get alzers or galstones. its strains ur kidneys and liver, my boi had to get surgery cuz he bumped so much.

I went for one big K trip just once. I remember thinking "How on earth can somebody do this with any regularity and still interact with reality?". Its such a ridiculous mindfuck, somebody mentioned doing it all day not just at night. What the hell would you do? It makes you incapable of even moving or talking. If you can get addicted to K I would imagine it being the most sordid addiction one could have, even taking into account the non-toxicness of it

Survived Abortion said:
It is the ultimate escapist drug, and definitely very addicting. but like any powerful drug, will change your personality over time with heavy use.People who deal it to me get annoyed when I mention how addicting it is

I wouldn't call it physically addictive just very habituating - I'd agree with that tho.

i had a couple buddies who used k frequently
one got infection in his throat from too much k
another one flipped his car while on large dose of k and no injuries

i find ketamine very trippy but short lasting :p
i always wanted to snort more while coming down :|

luckly i haven't touched ketamine in two years now
don't miss it much ;)

I've been taken ketamine for 2 year regularly now, it is very addictive in the escapism sense, for most of that time i have taken it intranasally but recently i've IMing and IVing so if you getting to the stage where intranasal is not effecting and you are having to do multiple grams a session, you need to either consider a break or consider injecting because you can use far less ketamine IM than you would if you are taking it intranasal but tolerence does rise fairly quickly. A break is advised more especially as most people have a problem with needles but its just what i did and i did go to the clinc and get clean works and got advice on how to do it.

I can see how addictive it can be, and how easy it is to get into the habit of doing it constantly, however I've never had a steady supply, but I've noticed that lately I've been doing it quite often (no where near as often as some of the posters above) and my tolerance has increased significantly compared to last year when I first started doing it.

Soon time for a break methinks.

A dude I was locked up with had been doing K daily for about 3 or 4 years and he litterally had to piss like every 10 minutes, even at night he couldn't go more than 30 minutes without taking a leek and it's just that, a leek because it's just a couple drops but he said it's very painful. I do K rairly but when I do it does seem to have that escapism property and since I'm all to familiar with trying to escape from reality it makes me want to shoot more and more. I usually only go on binges with K like 4 times a year maybe, and I'll just get like 3 unopened bottles of ketaset or ketelar, which will last me from friday nigtht till sunday night, so about a gram a day. Thats how I would keep it if I were you, once or twice a month at most. Just my 2 pennies.

I believe it's only addictively mentally.....habitually rather.

Just like smoking weed eh? Anyone can stop, but they choose not to because it's a habit of doing it everyday.

I have yet to see any physical harm from all of my use. When my tolerance is up, which is all the time.....I go through 2g-4g a day with just myself and a friend. No problems pissing or pains or anything.

I'm planning on going to the hospital sometime for an annual STD check. I'll ask them if they can check for anything that would be harming my body from daily and chronic massive use of ketamine. I have no effects mentally, that I'm aware of. It doesn't change my personality, if anything it makes me more happy as a person. The only thing I could possibly think of that it may have affected is my speech. Sometimes I'll stutter, or can't find the right words to say.

Other than that, I love k!

JuicyJay, man, you shouldn't count on not feeling physical side effects eventually if you keep up your rate of use. Many very heavy K users like yourself (using every day all throughout the day) end up reporting a host of very serious side effects, most notably kidney and bladder infections and extreme frequency of urination (along with extreme pain from urination).

Be careful dude! I remember when you first started posting here and you got really freaked out from an LSD trip (I think that was it) and it seemed like you were a bit turned off drugs. This is quite a change since then in a relatively short time! It's not too difficult for me to imagine where you might end up in the same amount of time from now if you keep up your drug velocity.

acting like a narcissistic, self-absorbed wacko" (to quote one former ketamine user).

That's it in a nutshell - ketamine massages the ego and turns likeable people into egomaniacs if they do too much & egomaniacs are not loveable people (I've been to the outskirts of egomania and it creeps up on you without you ever noticing - everyone around you will notice though (look at how many whacko things John Lilley came up with from heavy prolonged use)

I have yet to see any physical harm from all of my use. When my tolerance is up, which is all the time.....I go through 2g-4g a day with just myself and a friend. No problems pissing or pains or anything.

YET! It will happen eventually. Chronic heavy usage (which 1-2g a day def is) will first of all fuck with your brain, then it starts on your bladder...

Ketamine addiction?

So yeah, just how bad is ket addiction? i've been tooting on average for the past week or two about 0.5 - 1.5g a night, and recently stumbled across some information saying its physically addictive, I had trouble finding information on this (probs down to being so stoned) and was wondering just what kind of waters im swimming in here?

merged to old thread; see some good info above

Ketamine is the only psychedelic drug I get cravings for and my total lifetime use has only been around 8 grams (3 racemic, 5 s+) over a 6-8 period in 2007 and 3 grams racemic over a 2-3 month period around a year later.

The first three grams were extremely rewarding, and I was pretty disciplined at first in keeping my usage under control. Then a few months later I had the chance to get 5 grams of s+ for very cheap and ended up using it daily. This year was also initially very rewarding, but I did end up going through it faster than I would have liked.

I can always find when I'm starting to use ketamine too much because rather than listening to music or something with my eyes closed I'll be sitting there surfing the net and doing normal everyday things but in an impaired state.

The sad thing is, I don't think I ever experienced a k-hole. I had a few experiences that felt on the verge of a ++++, but these were always eyes open and I was aware of my surroundings. The best way to describe it is that it felt like consciously waking up in a dream, although I knew I wasn't asleep physically. I'm quite aware on an abstract mental level of the illusory nature of 'reality' and my ego, but these concepts seemed to be becoming experientially real, which was scary enough that I could never quite give in fully to my experience.

I think part of the reason I crave it is because is because of the type of experiences it gives me. I really enjoy psychedelics and I feel that ketamine can be very escapist.

Whereas the classic psychedelics are more like a magnifying glass for my own mental world, ketamine floats me gently to another one.

Another difference that makes it much easier to get 'hooked' on k is that fact that the come up is very non-threatening and enjoyable (likely due to the calming, glutamate inhibiting effect) in comparison to traditional psychedelics, where for me, the come-up is by far the worst part.

I began to crave it for the day after effects rather than the primary effects. I actually don't much like the state ketamine puts me in...its very...disorienting ha. I always use as little as possible in order to get those euphoric feelings of well-being the next day.

Very addictive stuff,

Last year i lived pretty much the whole year on the stuff, was getting in ounces and ounces a week, shifting half and sniffing the other half (was paying for itself)
In the end i ended up loosing everything, my girl, my job and alot of friends.

Have taken a long long break and have just started to use again but only on weekends, cant be dealing with getting hooked again.