• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine infusion tomorrow morning.

Speed King

Bluelighter
;)I am going to have an IV Ketamine treatment at a hospital, with my own nurse to monitor me for 8 hours. 4 hours for the ketamine and the remaining 4 for comedown.

My doctor told me that on top of (subjective) pain relief, It has shown that it works on depression .

I am asking for Bluelighter help, because I will be as scintific as possible and try to recall (subjective) effects and be able to describe it . If it helps, I can smoke some bud before the ketamine.

The dose is lower. I've found that the dose is .5 mg. and hour.'

Any suggestions, comments , etc, that may benifit me, feel free to post. I'm going light on some
Medicine, no amphetamines or pain medicine.

I would like my experience to help different people
who suffer from plain and depressed people. I'm sure it has un discovered therapeutic usagea .

Thanks

Last edited:
So is a one-off treatment intended on having a lasting pain relieving effect?

It was being trialled in Australia last year as a treatment for depression, I think that is how it was being used, just one-off or occasional sessions apparently having a long lasting therapeutic effect. It was supposedly showing a lot of promise too..

Your right . It only lasts a few weeks. I am going to see if I can set up a regular
Thing

If it has the potential to alleviate pain for a few weeks, that's pretty good. A lot of pain medications don't even last half the day. Even if it can just help people who are in chronic pain to reduce the amount of opioids they are taking or help people who are severely depressed to cope a little easier, that can make a big difference to people's lives.

I wish that more stuff like this was being trialled because I know how much of a positive and long lasting afterglow psychedelic experiences can have. I'm sure that something like ketamine could have many applications in medicine other than anaesthesia.

I'm interested to hear how it goes. Enjoy.

Runtoparadise has experience with this treatment so I'd suggest asking her. Her posts can be found in the pain management thread. I'm Australian and it's something I'll be discussing with my PM dr in due time.

Best of luck with it. I look forward to hearing your results.

I had ketamine infusion as it was used as an anesthesic with my spinal surgery because other drugs couldn't be used because of high opiate tolerance.

It was done in february and I suffered from major depression (diagnosed) then and when I woke up it was just totally gone and I haven't suffered from depression yet and it is diagnosed that I don't currently have depressive episode.

SpeedKing man, we already talked about this, but be sure to document your experience! Receiving Ketamine in this kind of setting is a pretty rare experience if I'm not mistaken. Not to put undue pressure upon you, but we'd like to get all the information we can. Keep a journal maybe?

Lets hope the dose is truly less than what is used recreationally for posterity's sake. You ever try writing on K? :)

Lets hope the dose is truly less than what is used recreationally for posterity's sake. You ever try writing on K? :)

Writing... at a high dose i cant even comprehend my phone enough to change music with the selection open at times :)

I would specifically not smoke bud right before the experience. I would want to feel as clear as possible prior to undergoing such a treatment.

Let us know how it goes - I've always been curious about Ketamine's therapeutic potential for depression.

As suggested, maybe skip on the bud to remember as much as possible from the experience and judge it with lesser external factors.

Good day chaps. I was there from 7am to 6pm
This just my first post on the subject. It has a hang over so I'm having a few beers. It wasn't psychedelic for me. I had introspective thoughts and nice dreams. There was one point where I was fucked up as in double vision and let not being able to talk. The nurses said that I was the only one I didn't flip out and need a lot of midazolam.

Good times if they repeat it .

p.s. Total amount used was only 500mg or 0.5g

Last edited:
SpeedKing, how's your state of mind following the treatment? Do you notice any significant change in your perspective relating to depression or anxiety?