• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Ketamine for first timer

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hello BL Fam,

I have never taken ketamine before but I have the chance to. The product is described as Ket type R or type S. It comes in a crystal form.

How much should I administer snorted as a total beginner as a safe dose? Any risks I should know of?

I am looking for its antidepressant qualities and so, do I go to the level of this k-hole phenomenon or not necessary for my purposes? Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Hello BL Fam,

I have never taken ketamine before but I have the chance to. The product is described as Ket type S. It comes in a crystal form.

How much should I administer snorted as a total beginner as a safe dose? Any risks I should know of?

I am looking for its antidepressant qualities and so, do I go to the level of this k-hole phenomenon or not necessary for my purposes? Thank you everyone.
I'm no expert with Ket, only had it a few times

You definitely do not need to go to 'hole' level to get antidepressant effect though. I've had a fortnight-long mood lift off a single 40mg line

My 'usual' dose is two (occasionally 3) 70mg (ish) lines taken about an hour apart

I'd say take it at home on the sofa, nice chilled environment

Just speaking from my own experience and preferences:

Doses below 30mg can be unpleasant because you feel wonky and weird but don't really get a euphoric effect.

Doses above 100 mg can be unpleasant because it's very strong and disabling, potential for bad trip vibes

I'm also a lot like @ageingpartyfiend , I usually just do 40-60mg lines at my own pace. I find ketamine and dissos in general to be supremely bizarre drugs. I prefer mixing it with other drugs over using them on their own, but that's just me.

Doses below 30mg can be unpleasant because you feel wonky and weird but don't really get a euphoric effect.

Doses above 100 mg can be unpleasant because it's very strong and disabling, potential for bad trip vibes

I'm also a lot like @ageingpartyfiend , I usually just do 40-60mg lines at my own pace. I find ketamine and dissos in general to be supremely bizarre drugs. I prefer mixing it with other drugs over using them on their own, but that's just me.

They ARE weird! I tried FXE recently and enjoyed that one though…which was strange cuz I did try MXE when that was making the rounds and didn’t much care for it, which definitely seems to put me in the minority on that particular topic, at least on this website where people practically worship it it seems like…

I did snort a large bump of ketamine at a rave once but I was also on four or five other controlled substances at the time so I don’t really think I got the full experience that time…I’d be interested in trying it again tho

Hello BL Fam,

I have never taken ketamine before but I have the chance to. The product is described as Ket type R or type S. It comes in a crystal form.

Pure S and pure R? Lucky you. If you have to chose obviously get S but otherwise get both and find ratio you'll like.
Don't worry too much about dosing K, it's up there with the stuff that's easiest to titrate to desired level.
Just about only thing you need to worry about it, is liking it too much.
About need for K holing to get antidepressant effects. That's for sure not necessary and you'll find what best works for you. Thing with K hole is that for some it's satisfying enough to not make some return right away.
One of best (and worst) things about K is that, if you like it in some dose there's a chance you'll love it at your sweet spot. Another thing is that it's surprisingly functional. Either in small doses trough the day or bigger ones after work/play or during weekends. That and much more makes it worth nickname given by some - "psychedelic heroin".

Pure S and pure R? Lucky you. If you have to chose obviously get S but otherwise get both and find ratio you'll like.
Don't worry too much about dosing K, it's up there with the stuff that's easiest to titrate to desired level.
Just about only thing you need to worry about it, is liking it too much.
About need for K holing to get antidepressant effects. That's for sure not necessary and you'll find what best works for you. Thing with K hole is that for some it's satisfying enough to not make some return right away.
One of best (and worst) things about K is that, if you like it in some dose there's a chance you'll love it at your sweet spot. Another thing is that it's surprisingly functional. Either in small doses trough the day or bigger ones after work/play or during weekends. That and much more makes it worth nickname given by some - "psychedelic heroin".
Thanks for the informative reply. I took R-Ket only because I was noob-researching that R had longer antidepressant properties. Why is it your view that I take S-Ket and or find a combo of the two?

I wanted to know what is the best way to take ketamine in the liquid form and turn it into powder form?

Thanks for the informative reply. I took R-Ket only because I was noob-researching that R had longer antidepressant properties. Why is it your view that I take S-Ket and or find a combo of the two?
You sure the r ket you are getting isn't racemic? I've really only heard of pure R ket being a treat enjoyed by friends of skilled chemists. Plus I've heard people refer to racemic k as R before.

Well I liked S isomer better than racemic if nothing soley for being more potent by weight. But saying it was different than better is probably more correct. Been damn years since I had it. I didn't try R isomer, just standard 50% - 50% mix and pure S. And if I was now able to chose just one I would chose S in that case too, again if nothing for being more potent than racemic mix. But I think ideal K for me would have % of R isomer in it too.
Tho Skorpio is probably right that you got racemic not R isomer. You'll know the moment you try it.

If you can't be bothered with weighing your doses to the 100th of a gram, just make tiny lines like you would with really good speed or coke and titrate, taking 15 minutes or so between lines. You'll know when it hits, believe me.

First time i did ket, i snorted the whole bag (not sure about the amount, the friend who gave it to me just told me it was enough for a couple of good lines) in two lines and ended up k-holing. Still the most bizarre trip i ever had.
What does it feel like?

You sure the r ket you are getting isn't racemic? I've really only heard of pure R ket being a treat enjoyed by friends of skilled chemists. Plus I've heard people refer to racemic k as R before.
I was about to comment this. Most "R" ket that's around is just racemic. Even a lot of S is likely racemic but I did read about a method to resolve S through crystalization, not sure how true it was

I was about to comment this. Most "R" ket that's around is just racemic. Even a lot of S is likely racemic but I did read about a method to resolve S through crystalization, not sure how true it was
Having one fist sized crystal growing in one direction and other mirroring it would be nice. Or many small ones and if they grow in one way they fall trough yet other type is stuck.

I'm no expert with Ket, only had it a few times

You definitely do not need to go to 'hole' level to get antidepressant effect though. I've had a fortnight-long mood lift off a single 40mg line

My 'usual' dose is two (occasionally 3) 70mg (ish) lines taken about an hour apart

I'd say take it at home on the sofa, nice chilled environment
How does one know the MG in a line? Is this just a guess?

I wanted to know what is the best way to take ketamine in the liquid form and turn it into powder form?
Get a small water bottle (Evian, etc) - leave about half a centimetre of water at the bottom. Pour in powder and shake.

Pour on a plate and microwave in med-high until you hear it go "thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraappppppppppppppp!!!" and the plate is covered in Ketamine in powder form.

Don't over do it - don't under do it.

Always cook your K. It's goes down better, feels better and, most important of all, you know it's 100% ketamine and not cut with something else.

cheap but accurate mg scales mate

EDIT took you a while to make your first post i see - will we have to wait another 7 years for the second? Welcome to BL
I believe I signed up for this site years ago when I was an opiot junkie... never posted tho... now it's just weed n psychs for me ... developed quite the love affair with ketamine over the last few months... just .5g on a Friday night or every other ... truly enjoy the journey... did shrooms this past weekend instead of ket and was seriously bored ... I love Lucy... but ket is my current experiment ....

I’m wondering what you enjoy mixing k with?

I would take whatever amount you are comfie with that you think won't land you in a hole