View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine and Effexor(SNRI's)???

jackdaw

Bluelighter
Forgive me if this is a common question. I used the search engine but couldn't find any info. So much to read here!

My question is, is there any negative interaction between Ketamine and a SNRI like Effexor? This is my first time with Ketamine. I've been wanting to taste it for close to fifteen years now and I'm really looking forward to it. I have experience with DXM and there seems to be no problem with the Effexor. I take low to medium doses with the DXM.

I've read in a few places that Ketamine acts as a SSRI and I'm a little concerned of seritonin syndrome.

Thanks in advance and it's great to find a site like this.

BTW, the K is S-isomer I believe, if this makes any difference. I plan on starting with 20-25 mg's and I'll see how that goes.......

Also, I'm quiet fond of plain leaf Kratom as a relaxer. Any bad interations with this? as Kratom is opiate-like and I fear it will depress my breathing. I suppose I could give the Kratom a miss.

Ketamine is safe with effexor; DXM isn't.....so it is said. Not a risk I would take. S-Isomer ketamine (I have had it, only racemic) is a lot less sedating and apparently more psychedelic then the racemic blend. Ketamine and kratom will most likely present no problems when taken together; ketamine doesn't supress breathing that I know off. Plus, its used in hospitals at the same time as opiates- true, your probably not in a hospital, but opiates and anesthetics, while they'd seem a bad bad mic, aren't so. Obviousy knw your self and body before diving in though.

Depression of heart rate and respiration (risk increases with increased dose or when combined with depressants)

from erowid's ketamine vault

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about it myself

AFAIK, the way Ketamine affects your breathing is ddifferent to howmopiates do, meaning that there should be no accumulation of depressant effects one would get from combinging depressants.

Thanks for the quick replies. Will stay clear of the DXM/Effexor combo in the future, though I've never took more than 250 mg's.

Gonna leave the Ketamine till the weekend. Will post a short report on my experience.

MXE is a mild SRI, likely not strong enough to cause serotonin syndrome when combined with SSRIs/SNRIs, but still, treat with caution.