View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives ket belly

Sixx_Psychonaut

Greenlighter
just wondering if many of you out there have experienced 'ket belly' and care to share your experience or also remedies for it or even things that help with it or make it worse. cheers :}

I’ve never had any GI issues with IM ketamine. Best way to use k, imo, by far.

Careful with ketamine in the bath tub. That's how K deaths happen.

You must train your immune system to accept the K as a vitamin rather than a pathogen.

Pairing it with tea is a great start to do so.

You must train your immune system to accept the K as a vitamin rather than a pathogen.
I really do believe this is the way of medicine in the future. Some type of mind over matter rather than a pill that heals? Or at least a much larger mental component. Has to do with faith. You must have faith it is a vitamin 100% for it to work. Most of us humans are not there yet. But this is an important statement.

For now, tea!

I really do believe this is the way of medicine in the future. Some type of mind over matter rather than a pill that heals? Or at least a much larger mental component. Has to do with faith. You must have faith it is a vitamin 100% for it to work. Most of us humans are not there yet. But this is an important statement.

For now, tea!

Alright alright, Vitamin F is fine too.. :p

yes! ok so - ketamine is a fairly caustic hydrochloride salt! if you are snorting it, you NEED to spit out the drip if you are doing a lot of it. over time, that constant HCl drip down your throat will cause gastritis, irritating the sphincters on the entry and exit of your stomach. it's painful af and makes eating terrible. ive had it happen a few times. you gotta just lay off ket, and DEFINITELY not get it in your stomach. it's not good for linings of stomachs or bladders. -- if you are experiencing this from IM K, the only time i have seen such problems are when a batch was off, and had precursor or unreacted solvent or something else gross in it.

Actually, scratch that. If we're gonna put thumbs-ups under vitamin F, let me get another word in for vitamin K.

@cdin Is ketamine technically caustic? Yes! Ok so calling ketamine caustic is also as much a hyperbole as calling it a vitamin. Because 1), it's nowhere near as corroding as the chemicals commonly called caustic, and 2), is not the main factor in the harm it can do to the body. Because if it were, we wouldn't see this rather huge variability in adverse effects reported, which vary from people getting messed up from one mere gram, to people going through two order of magnitude more than that, and feeling fine. This leads to the hypothesis that the harm is mediated by the immune response. And this hypothesis finds support in the literature, not to mention anecdotally from the harm reduction techniques that have been developed here.

If it gets into your stomach, then norketamine forms. Which is another story. Bypassing this with needles has its drawbacks as well. Which is why I advocate using stronger arylcyclohexylamines, like the MXE analogues. Those are stronger in effect than ketamine, yet stay equal in body load. And they, perhaps more importantly, offer more ROAs for bypassing the stomach. (I was really thinking of those when throwing my hyperbole.)

Can ketamine's harm be reduced as to be a net positive enough to one's life force, not quite like but also not entirely unlike a vitamin? Well, I can't see that happening myself.. although clinical settings, which put a fixed pace on consumption, do express astonishing optimism (as do a couple of posters here). Can methoxetamine's harm be reduced as to be a net positive enough to one's life force? In my experience, yes. So let's change that metaphor to vitamin M instead then, shall we.. keeping in mind that sufficiently reducing its harm takes a lot of effort, more than just having faith in it. And in absence of applying the entire harm reduction stack PD has aggregated over time, people do still fuck themselves up with it.

@JackARoe, I doubt the future of medicine lies in abolishing medicine. In fact, it's currently exploding through the incorporation of AI in drug discovery. Should Western medicine do a better job recognizing the innate healing response? Yes. Should this be to the exclusion of catalysts for it? Maybe you have time for that. I don't believe society at large has.

@JackARoe, I doubt the future of medicine lies in abolishing medicine. In fact, it's currently exploding through the incorporation of AI in drug discovery. Should Western medicine do a better job recognizing the innate healing response? Yes. Should this be to the exclusion of catalysts for it? Maybe you have time for that. I don't believe society at large has.
Oh Ye of little Faith. :) Maybe, maybe not. But not too long ago we did not even have an area that dealt with mental things. Psychiatry and psychology. The mind will play a more important part IMO in healing than medicines. Only time will tell.

Only time will tell
It all seems so optimistic and such imo that we heal ourselves of maladies.
I like the drive.
No telling where all this goes but I'm still trying to be optimistic.
I also know that ups and downs are a thing so maybe we at least reach a point of staying as close to our base "vibration" as possible instead of having sharp peaks could help. How? Not sure yet but workin on it and over time it seems to be having positive effects.
OT
Could this be akin to beer belly?

i used to drink it with hard cider or by itself and i loved it. never had any stomach issues, and i am one that has stomach issues from everything (even black tea, especially green tea)