• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Keeping my tolerance down GOOD IDEA MUST READ

Jman8282

Greenlighter
Moderators if I put this in the wrong are please put in the right one don't close this tread because I think it could help a lot of us out thanks
Hey everyone if you want to keep your tolerance down and not abuse your prescribed pain meds ( I take Percocets and Opana IR s and Xanax) and make your pills last longer do what I do. I just bought what they call a kitchen safe for $50 it is a timed opening device that you can set up to only let you get your pills every 4,6,8,12 hours. The thing will not open until the time is up that you set it to. So what I do is set it to when I get up in the morning at 8am I get my pills for the day then set it to open in 8 hours to get more. This has really really helped me a lot. Now there has been times when I just wanted to break the dang thing and get them but I didn't thank god. So everyone if you are having this kind of issue I strongly suggest spending $50 and make your pills last longer and keep your tolerance down. I have found that if you have a little self control and tell yourself I'm only going to get the prescribed dose and lock the thing back before I can change my I mind, then it works, I can't get them after I lock it back up. That's just my two cents lol Jeremy

ps what does everyone think of this idea? Please tell me thanks

Last edited:
I knew that sort of thing had to exist, and I've wanted something like that for ages!!

A year or two back I had a real problem with a-PVP. Loved it in moderate amounts, HATED it in binges. I could not control myself and it was driving me crazy. That's the sort of thing (the safe) that would be perfect for that situation. Luckily, I've actually gone one better and just quit a-PVP altogether.

But I'd still like to get one for benzos...

Is 12 hours the max time you can set it for? I think that's plenty good enough, I'm just curious...

No you can set it to as long as 99 days. I love it I'm not going threw my pills like Ritalin I used to take all 60 in 3 days but now they last 20 or so days. Sure I'm not going to lie sometimes I would get a couple of extras out but no big deal. Good luck buddy

Thanks, man. I used to be better when it came to self-control, but some substances don't exactly make it easy. Stims are the worst for me. Actually, so was MXE.

I tried all these stupid tricks, like putting my stuff into multiple bags and only every having one in front of me at a time - just to remove the visual notion that I had lots and lots. Didn't work.

I tried hiding shit around the place. Didn't work.

Giving stuff to a friend to hold is appropriate sometimes, but then not everyone wants to have illegal substances in their house. Also, I hate having shit completely out of reach. So having it there, but being forced to pace myself because of a timer would be ideal. I wish I had had one of those back when I actually had a problem with stims:|

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I can't see how it would work for me. Now I don't really have much problem with addiction or tolerance as I get Suboxone every week for a week, sometimes I do run out of it earlier, but the rules for Suboxone maintenance are much less strict than they are for methadone here, so I can collect it a day earlier with some excuse and it works just fine.

Anyway, back in the days when I used a lot of opioids and benzodiazepines, I would sometimes turn my flat upside down if I knew there were some pills stashed. There was no place I couldn't find them if they were there. So I think I would even smash a safe if I had to. The problem with dependence (which is the actual problem and not really tolerance) is in your mind, so when you put more obstacles for yourself without getting it all sorted out in your head first, you may actually get more outraged when you put your drugs into a safe yourself, and then you need it earlier than the time set. Double pissed off because you've done it yourself...

Halif, I completely know what you are saying buddy have done the same thinks too. Isn't is funny, I see you live in Melbourne, how we are so much alike and you are on the other side of the world. That just blows my mine for some reason, maybe it's the pills talking.....lol. Stupid question thou by stems I guess you mean coke or stimulates like ritilan and what is MXE? Sorry not good with appribs lol

Adder, I with you to. Sometimes I feel like smashing the safe but I just tell my self not to it's hard but I do it. See I have to take these drugs for my ADHD and chronic pain so I have to make them last, but my will for getting smashed is there to and my mine says you need more and more just do it man. It is very hard sometimes but I just push on and near the end of the month when I see that I still have pills left and about to get my monthly refill that is my reward to myself kind of like self gratification you know. Thanks for replying

Haha I kinda read the title as "stay higher longer". MXE is a ketamine analogue.

Ok thanks never tried that only coke,pills and boose lol have a great day buddy J

Yeah a lot of people have thought about doing this to control their drug use. I considered it for heroin, but then I knew if I really wanted to use, I would just end up taking a hammer and blow torch to the safe. Hah.

Mr. Scagnattie, I to have had that idea cross my mine because I accidentally put the timer to 7 hours instead of 5 and was going nuts. But it works for me...MOST of the time.LOL Good day, J

with the current generation, you can set it for 10 days max and add time to it at any time (including before it unlocks). currently fighting with myself about smashing it open. hammer lives on my nightstand, in case i quickly need to nail anything. don't think a bread knife would saw through it. you can buy the base piece separately for just short of full price, so they're expecting this. i have 4 days and 12 hours left. i don't want one in 5 days. i want one now.

edit:
thing is brittle. wrapped it in a towel and wore sunglass 'cause safety first. the base is actually about half of full price. ordered a replacement. it is helpful. yeah you can smash it open, but that's a significant deterrent. i wouldn't lock up my benzos in something i couldn't smash open.

Last edited: