• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kanna and Anti Depressants

JKR123

Greenlighter
I ordered a small amount of kanna from a reputable vendor who I will share if possible, as I am new here. It's effects were really wonderful for anxiety and depression. I have just reordered a larger amount and then read that it interacts negatively with anti depressants.
My problem is that I have been steered into the pharmaceutical route by my family situation and because I am a veteran I am going thru the VA, which is a nightmare of an organization.

3 weeks ago for anxiety I was prescribed Xanax, 1 mg twice per day, and 3 days ago, Remeron and Effexor, both of which I had been on for 15 years earlier in my life when I knew nothing of alternatives.
I understand now that kanna should not be taken with SSRI drugs, and I assume the Effexor, which is a SNRI drug is close enough so that I should not take kanna with the Effexor. Remeron is something I will not do long term anyway, as it puts on weight like nothing else out there, so I will definitely stop that soon.

I really am seeking advice on how to proceed here; my goal is to replace the pharmaceuticals with kanna. In my situation this seems risky, but I feel it is the right thing to do.

If I lived alone, I would just switch to kanna only, which I only recently learned was so effective for anxiety and depression.

But since I have this family pressure to go the pharmaceutical route, since I have already had 3 days of the Remeron and Effexor, I could go through the motions of taking these and simply start the kanna. The Xanax I would have to wean myself off of slowly I understand.

My question is, is it dangerous to take the kanna at the same time with the anti depressants if it would be avoidable? Or must they be strictly kept separate?

I could honestly use some input as how to proceed with this issue.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....any questions, please ask.

Thank you so much.