• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin just want to make sure this is a vein.. not an artery

Dude i just write what I know and have learned from reading the iv guide. Its a known fact that blood travels slower the further away from the heart and abscesses and issues are common more in the legs.

Yes, but "slower" is relative. I have used virtually every vein or available artery at one time or another...except in my penis, and personally could not tell any difference in speed of onset.
I IV DMT in my ankle and still have trouble getting the needle out before I am in hyperspace. So if there is a difference it is minute.
Actually very few arteries are easy to spike except for the aforementioned Carotid artery. Personally I have only used it a few times just to see if I could tell any difference...I couldn't. I will "stick" with the Cephalic vein...tried and true.

You could accidentally spike the ulnar or radial, hence suggesting against the wrists and hands.

I use 28 g sometimes, but preferably 30 g. The fat veins on my hands still seen time

Me too, I've shot pretty much everywhere, used my legs alot when I was working where it mattered. I still strongly advise against it, as zeph said, infection occurs more easily in the lower extremities.