• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin just want to make sure this is a vein.. not an artery

igotausername

Greenlighter
so swim has been shootin up here, cant really tell by looking at the blood color.
but like swim said swim wants to b sure its not an artery. its pretty fat and easy to hit so swim would like to keep using it if swim can lol.swim def dont want to if its not a vein

soo the red line is the place swim would like to know about
for referance the green ex is the commonly used iv spot in the crook of the elbow

Last edited:
We don't allow swim here, it's hard to tell based solely on a pic, you can definitely tell the difference on blood color. In an artery the blood is very bright red, whereas a normal vein is darker.

I'm not saying we can't help you, I'm just asking for more info from you, we'd be happy to help you.:)

well i thought i was doin it right, but after searching people said hives are a sign of hitting an artery, but ive gotten hives in places i knew was a vein before. it's on the left arm, like an inch or so down from the elbow bone. i guess that depends on your arm size. hmm

I'm at work atm, I'll take a pic here in a few to see if I know which one you're talking about. Gimme just a few minutes.

word i appreciate you bro.
im bouta nest out so ill check this in the morning before i do my morning shot
i guess uh for future ref, saying swim isn't necessary, just go about my normal posting business ?
again - good lookin man, goin out of your way to be nice as fuck.
offtopic...
even with it being my first post. i mean im a long - time BL veiwer and i think i may have posted a handfull of times over the span of a decade with accounts i made just to make one post and then never thought about again.
point being - your a moderator and didn't treat me like im sittin at the kids table.
definately gonna keep track of this account, and get active on the forums. im just at a point i can finally start reddit-ing a shit again so BL seems good nuff.

The blood from an artery is foamy too if I'm not mistaken as it has air. Plus the fact that it hurts like hell to touch an artery let alone poke a hole in one will tell you. Then finally the amount of pressure has made the plunger of syringes go flying out.

Those should all be easy indicators besides the blood color

word i appreciate you bro.
im bouta nest out so ill check this in the morning before i do my morning shot
i guess uh for future ref, saying swim isn't necessary, just go about my normal posting business ?
again - good lookin man, goin out of your way to be nice as fuck.
offtopic...
even with it being my first post. i mean im a long - time BL veiwer and i think i may have posted a handfull of times over the span of a decade with accounts i made just to make one post and then never thought about again.
point being - your a moderator and didn't treat me like im sittin at the kids table.
definately gonna keep track of this account, and get active on the forums. im just at a point i can finally start reddit-ing a shit again so BL seems good nuff.

No problem, that's why I'm here, any questions about anything just ask, I'll get you that pic in the am.

word i usually get bubbles even when i hit the vein in the crook of my elbow (the common iv spot) and then the blood will fill and replace them. that blood is usually very dark(XXX), almost a maroon. yes, the one i wanted to know about does the same, but the blood is more of an apple red color(XXX). thats the spot i want to know about.

If you hit a fresh vein compared to one you hit frequently it will definitely look noticably lighter. Again the pain of even touching the artery let alone going into an artery and drawing blood not even injecting anything would be so painful you would know something is wrong.

when i was a kid i used to have to be HELD down kicking and screaming bloody murder just to get blood drawn with one of those butterfly needles or a shot. so maybe the pain of a needle anywhere supersedes the pain of where its going into. maybe when psychological idk.
i just wanted to be sure i was hitting a vein.
i tried going on the vein in my foot once and i notice i didnt even need to tie off cuz it was constantly bulging. that shit hurt like a mother fuck

Veins are at the surface. You described a vein. Veins are blueish due to the depleted oxygen and exposed ferritin.

And ffs dont hit below the level of your heart. Thats the last port of call. Feet and hands are too delicate and if you cant figure out vein or no, dont use your feet.

Is it really bad to hit the back of the hand? Even if one raises it above their heart? Technically your arm is under your heart so where would one inject safely then... I get why not to do the legs and feet just not the back of the hand in the big veins

Veins are at the surface. You described a vein. Veins are blueish due to the depleted oxygen and exposed ferritin.

And ffs dont hit below the level of your heart. Thats the last port of call. Feet and hands are too delicate and if you cant figure out vein or no, dont use your feet.

"don't hit below your heart!?! Man blood travels so fast though the body that it takes just milliseconds of difference no matter where you hit and even though an artery is usually harder to hit accidentally, it makes not one iota of difference in the speed or intensity of your buzz.
I have regularly used my carotid artery in my neck for dope as well as the Cephalic vein...the one everybody uses...it's the one in the crook of your arm. Makes zero difference...if you get blood when you register...USE IT!

Last edited:
You're not injecting in your carotid artery... That's the one people cut in their wrist to bleed out in 20 minutes.

Is it really bad to hit the back of the hand? Even if one raises it above their heart? Technically your arm is under your heart so where would one inject safely then... I get why not to do the legs and feet just not the back of the hand in the big veins

No its not but those veins are far thinner than your arm and very delicate. Please use thin as possible needles and do not hurry and keep firm pressure on the site for at least 5 mins. Those veins leak and can be ruined easily.

Dude i just write what I know and have learned from reading the iv guide. Its a known fact that blood travels slower the further away from the heart and abscesses and issues are common more in the legs.