• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Just read please not sure how to title

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay, basically i have been taking opiates in high doses for many years now such as tramadol, codeine, morphine.
even benzos, weed. Thats basically it.
Now recently when i masturbate i get VERY sleepy and tired to the point i can fall asleep if im not careful. Why is this >? Its really getting to me now as i now have a girlfriend, i have no problem with erections just the sleepiness during masturbating.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, unsure where to post.

Any advice asap would be brilliant, thank you.

off the top of my head I guess endorphins from orgasm + endorphins from opioids = fatigue?? maybe try coffee afterwards?? I find that that relaxed sleepy feeling after orgasm lasts less than 10 minutes at the longest, can't you just wait it out?

off the top of my head I guess endorphins from orgasm + endorphins from opioids = fatigue?? maybe try coffee afterwards?? I find that that relaxed sleepy feeling after orgasm lasts less than 10 minutes at the longest, can't you just wait it out?

I think you have hit the nail on the head, opioids - fatigue

However its not after its during masturbating this happens, i drift off go VERY sleepy. Could it be the effects still not fully worn off ? For example i can wake up get ready, masturbate and it still happens, its concerning.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, opioids - fatigue

However its not after its during masturbating this happens, i drift off go VERY sleepy. Could it be the effects still not fully worn off ? For example i can wake up get ready, masturbate and it still happens, its concerning.

do you find opiates are delaying orgasm?? when I used to attempt to jack off when I was taking H it would take hours and hours of effort, and more often than not I'd just get bored and stop.

Hey no worries here. Over time my body just stopped producing testosterone and then I didn't have to worry about masturbation. I didn't even have to worry about erections. Opiates are miraculous. Just ask my wife. She didn't have to have sex with me for almost 3 years at the end of my using because it was going to be a pointless endeavor (I suppose pun intended). 2,474 days later, fully functional. A hope shot that removing drugs from the picture *might* be the first step in solving *some* of the problems.

do you find opiates are delaying orgasm?? when I used to attempt to jack off when I was taking H it would take hours and hours of effort, and more often than not I'd just get bored and stop.

Exactly this !!!!!!!!! You couldnt be more right. I dont use Brown though, never have. I dont shoot up anything, i take just tramadol 100mg, codeine 340ish MG. And upto 40mg diazepam now and again, not daily.

Hey no worries here. Over time my body just stopped producing testosterone and then I didn't have to worry about masturbation. I didn't even have to worry about erections. Opiates are miraculous. Just ask my wife. She didn't have to have sex with me for almost 3 years at the end of my using becauose it was going to be a pointless endeavor (I suppose pun intended). 2,474 days later, fully functional. A hope shot that removing drugs from the picture *might* be the first step in solving *some* of the problems.

Testosterone could be one of the issues here, but its worrying, kinda gets me down, im not even sure why lol.

However the next part of your reply is a hats off to you, i applaud you for stopping drugs totally, anyone who does so. Now i have cut back on a lot of opiates and dosage so i wouldn't have guessed or what not that its to do with the opiates, as they are not strong really codeine or tramadol. Hell ive had morphine and still beat off lol

Testosterone could be one of the issues here, but its worrying, kinda gets me down, im not even sure why lol.

However the next part of your reply is a hats off to you, i applaud you for stopping drugs totally, anyone who does so. Now i have cut back on a lot of opiates and dosage so i wouldn't have guessed or what not that its to do with the opiates, as they are not strong really codeine or tramadol. Hell ive had morphine and still beat off lol

This is just how opiates work, buddy. You're going to have to choose between your opiate addiction or your sex life, since us men can't have both (women don't seem to suffer this same issue). Do you want to stop using at all?

If it is testosterone, you can always get some blood work and possibly get a topical like androgel to manage the deficit. The problem with topicals though is that your partner may get incidental exposure. Chicks with beards aren't my get down just for today.

Why wouldn't women suffer from the same issue with a sex life? When one chooses drugs as #1, everything else falls by the wayside.

Why wouldn't women suffer from the same issue with a sex life? When one chooses drugs as #1, everything else falls by the wayside.

because the effect in men isn't just down to choosing drugs are your priority over sex, it's also a distinct biochemical/hormonal issue. it fucks up your testosterone which is almost entirely responsible for sex drive in men. sex drive in women is only partially effected by testosterone but is primarily driven by other hormones, so they don't get the same complete deadening of sex drive that men do.

Gotcha......but women's hormones get all wacked out too on that sxxt. Everyone is different. Perhaps women are better fakers than men?

It’s 100% the opiates. I didn’t even think about sex for the last 10 months. My wife was pregnant so I used that as an excuse. Opiates make me not even care about erections/sex/masturbation at all. When I am using I pretty regularly have wet dreams. I am 36 LOL! Your hormones are out of wack. Get off the junk and everything will go back to normal. Well eventually. I don’t consider what’s been happening to me since detox to be normal either. All I have to do is think about the opposite sex and he is at full attention. And I can’t last for more than 15 seconds lol. I know from experience that this will get better with time. But right now being able to finish that quick is a godsend with a newborn in the house lol. Take care and good luck!