• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just ran out of Xanax.

What's the best way to get off benzo's without the withdrawals? Seems like benzo's suck to get off after long usage. It kinda makes me a bit worried to be prescribed ativan.

The best way to get off benzodiazepines with little to no withdrawals is by switching onto a benzodiazepine with a long half-life, specifically Diazepam, and then slowly taper. If you have access to Pregabalin (Lyrica) as well, you'll most likely suffer no physical withdrawals. But you still have to go through the mental withdrawals, or PAWS, which can last up to 12-18 months if you've been on benzodiazepines for a very long time.

I tapered off the Klonopin using the Diazepam taper 9 months ago and I'm still suffering PAWS. Going through the worse mental withdrawals. I crave them horribly. I've relapsed a couple times.

TAKE PHENAZEPAM!! That is the best for benzo withdrawel because it has an extremly long half life and is very potent. It's also great because theres little euphoria = less chance of addiction. Google vendors.

Yeah, I kicked xanax cold turkey and two days later I had a grand mal seizure. It's not a good time.

Exactly. Thought I beat it....then BAM! Two grand mal seizures, both times years apart.

My doses were outrageously high though. I am back on them now too so I am scared shitless to come off. I feel your pain.

I am prescribed 90 1mg kpins from the VA and 90 1mg kpins from my family dr. (VA systems arent linked with pharmacies since they fill and mail their own.. loop hole) anyways so thats 180 1mg kpins (same benzo fam I just like kpins over xan much longer halflife n smoother feel) anyways I always run a week short yeah I knkw its bad to run through 180 in 3 weeks. But the best thing I have found and also am prescribed 180 300mg 2 3xday actually magical is gabapentin (neurontin) at the right dose. They actually give you a slight slight drunkish feel at first but after about 2 hrs the speedy feel kicks in and makes you talkative and happy. I save them up and take em when I run out of my anxiety med and also even if I dnt hsve my sub or other opiate. Yes they get rid of just about allll withdrawal feelings. No headache (they are for nerve pain.. but prescribed now for many more uses) they keep u constipated give u energy and actually over power the feeling of sub or benzos. Ill literally not take my sub or anxiety med if its a gabapentin day. They also work on your gaba receptors which is ehst benzos ie kpins xanax val... work on and the way the medicine works isnt actually clear. That's why drs prescribe it for such a range from pain to anxiety to just about anything and they are non narcotic which is awesome because makes them easy to get and I will take a hand full of the 300 mg gabapentin (for one day) over most other things n I love my opiates n benzos. Bad part. Ive tried the 600mg tabs n they dnt work the same onky the 300 mg capsules or im sure 100mg caps would be okay too.. idk why its wierd. Also builds up tolerence faster than anything ive evet taken hance why I save them n dnt take them everyday. But they are a life saver. Possibly the biggest best slept on drug recreational or as used. If any questions aboit it lemme know because I know whatt its like to be stuck at home cnt anwser your phond or go out or anything because you dont have your anxiety med n same for if not having opiates n are going into wd's

I'm in the same situation , shaking like mad, I'm on 15 mg a day of diazepam but have genuinely been sick with vomiting for two weeks, so I couldn't hold them down so I've got about 10 , 5 mg tablets to last me about two weeks , I Def can't ask for more , I don't know if one a day will keep me okish I have 2 klonopin / clonazepam but they are only .5's , I may have been able to get some but I'm having a job ...feeling terrible so feel for you .
I can't go to the hospital for definite as I overdosed on morphine 1600 ml , knew as soon as I did it I'd have to go to hospital ( which was discusting as I had one of those narcan jabs ( excuse spelling my brain is really slow at the mo) that reversed it instantly but my god the thing nearly destroyed me ffs plus I know loads of staff and I'm really don't want to go back ....oh another time I had to get my head stitched up because I fell down the stairs clearly under the influence , think I may have found a source , just praying it works out , good luck I really feel for you xx

Bro go to your doctor ASAP I almost died 2 weeks ago with xanax wd had a major seizure with foam coming out of mouth I was psychosis for 4 days didnt know my name. Xanax is the devil. Go to the doctor and he will wean you off on most likely valium which I just started a few days ago. Please dont think you can wait it out that's what I thought intill I had a horrific seziure, broke my toe in the process and I WAS ASLEEP. Never cold Turkey benzos!

You can make it, but your best maning up and "telling them what happened" A reasonable doctor should help you some how, but they may do a blood test and see how much is in your system,. don't mess with your pills and you wont run out and be jammed up.

This thread was from 2011. Hopefully the OP made it through. In all seriousness, to the one who bumped; I'd go to a clinic or ER and explain the issue and maybe you'll get some help, without being just handed a list of local detoxes.