• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Just been prescribed Gabapentin for the first time - I have some questions?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've been wanting to be on either Gabapentin or Pregabalin for several years but my doctor has always refused, mostly to do with my history of alcohol and prescription medication (Barbiturates, Benzo's, Opioids, Z-Drugs). I do have neuropathic back pain and also anxiety so I do actually need them (though I may have exaggerated how much).
I had a slight preference for Pregabalin as it seems more sedating and less side effects, but my G.P. said it was known for causing mental health to actually deteriorate.
I just called my GP, pleaded my case and was shocked that he actually agreed to prescribe me Gabapentin!
My questions:
1) He started me on 100mg 3x day which I know is very low but he said it was the typical starting dose. Is this true?
2) What is the "normal" dose range for Gabapentin?
3) What does being on it feel like?
4) I want to try it out recreationally tonight (so I can get a "true feel" of it since I have never taken it before). As a 120lb guy with zero tolerance, how much should I take to get a high that isn't overwhelming, but isn't underwhelming either?
5) What is the best R.O.A?

1. Yes
2. Initially, 300 mg PO 3 times per day. May increase using 300, 400, 600, or 800 mg dosage forms PO given 3 times per day. Effective dose is 900—1800 mg/day, but up to 2400 mg/day has been used long-term.
3. It helps ease my anxiety, its kind of in between recreational and non-recreational.
4. 300mg-900mg?
5. Oral

1. Yes
2. Initially, 300 mg PO 3 times per day. May increase using 300, 400, 600, or 800 mg dosage forms PO given 3 times per day. Effective dose is 900—1800 mg/day, but up to 2400 mg/day has been used long-term.
3. It helps ease my anxiety, its kind of in between recreational and non-recreational.
4. 300mg-900mg?
5. Oral

When you take it recreationally it's best to stagger out doses spaced 30-45mins apart. For instance I would take like 200mgs every 45mins until you get to where you wanna be. The body can only absorb so much Gabapentin at a time so taking it all at once is a waste due to a large portion just being excreted without being absorbed into the bloodstream. It's a nice drug without tolerance but it loses recreational potential fast as tolerance ramps up to it very quickly. If you just take it like this once a week or so you can have alotta fun with it. I was on it for ten years I just stopped daily use in March, the withdrawals are a bitch.

When you take it recreationally it's best to stagger out doses spaced 30-45mins apart. For instance I would take like 200mgs every 45mins until you get to where you wanna be. The body can only absorb so much Gabapentin at a time so taking it all at once is a waste due to a large portion just being excreted without being absorbed into the bloodstream. It's a nice drug without tolerance but it loses recreational potential fast as tolerance ramps up to it very quickly. If you just take it like this once a week or so you can have alotta fun with it. I was on it for ten years I just stopped daily use in March, the withdrawals are a bitch.

I'll keep that in mind. I've taken 400mg so if in 45 mins it's not enough I'll take another 200mg.
Yeah, I plan to use it mostly for either recreational use or for when I inevitably run out of my opioid prescription 2/3 days early.
I'm definitely not going to use it two days in a row; I want to avoid physical dependency as much as I possibly can.

^speaking of which, am I right in thinking that taking the Gabapentin with my Dihydrocodeine they'll enhance eachother?

Oh yeah it enhances Opioids and other sedatives in a big way. I'm a fan of Gabbapentoids because I can utilize them without having blackouts like with Benzos. They aren't compulsive in the same manner as a benzodiazepine is but you can still be drawn into daily use regardless. The first time I ever took Gabapentin was while I was withdrawing from a massive Phenazepam habit and it made that so much more bearable. But in the process I got hooked on it and it took me a decade to stop taking the stuff. I would really like to get some more someday it's really easy to get it prescribed in the states for the most part.

Agreed! Works great if staggered, especially with the small amount you've been given. Tolerance builds fast - not an everyday med recreationally. It works great for nerve pain & a lot of people I know says it helps mentally & with anxiety. Not everyone has these benefits.
Lots of good threads here that discuss gabapentin. Hope you feel better soon.

I don't recall any recreational effects from gabapentin.

Pregabalin had clear recreational effects (though these are inconsistent). Even phenibut has some. Gabapentin....none that I can remember. This of course is a function of what one finds recreational which varies to some degree (but is pretty consistent as a whole, as abuse potential is measurable -- monkey like, monkey no like).

I went from 900mg of pregabalin, tapered some, went to 900mg of gabapentin, and tapered off entirely. I couldn't sleep for 2 months, so I resorted to phenibut, which was a phenomenal mistake (I'm still taking it).

To be frank, don't take gabapentinoids unless absolutely necessary (neuropathic pain, etc.).

I don't recall any recreational effects from gabapentin.

Pregabalin had clear recreational effects (though these are inconsistent). Even phenibut has some. Gabapentin....none that I can remember. This of course is a function of what one finds recreational which varies to some degree (but is pretty consistent as a whole, as abuse potential is measurable -- monkey like, monkey no like).

I went from 900mg of pregabalin, tapered some, went to 900mg of gabapentin, and tapered off entirely. I couldn't sleep for 2 months, so I resorted to phenibut, which was a phenomenal mistake (I'm still taking it).

To be frank, don't take gabapentinoids unless absolutely necessary (neuropathic pain, etc.).

Although there has hardly been any research on it, some doctors claim that Pregabalin is approx. 6 x stronger than Gabapentin, so going from 900mg Pregabalin (HOW? lol, I took 300mg once and had such bad coordination I could even sit down without swaying and falling into a lying position. I DID mix it with 16oz Gin, though) to 900mg Gabapentin is like going from 900mg Pregabalin to 150mg Pregabalin, so I'm not surprised you couldn't sleep.

I ended up taking a total of 600mg Gabapentin last night (along with 1000mg Valproate, 50mg Quetiapine, 25mg Chlorpromazine, 75mg Trazodone, 500mg Naproxen and 270mg Dihydrocodeine) and felt very relaxed and mildly euphoric. My dad commented that I was "extremely chatty". Went to bed around 5 hours after taking the first 400mg/4 hours after taking the last 200mg. Fell asleep very quickly and actually slept for 15 hours. Woke up feeling like I'd had the most restful sleep in years.

Although there has hardly been any research on it, some doctors claim that Pregabalin is approx. 6 x stronger than Gabapentin, so going from 900mg Pregabalin (HOW? lol, I took 300mg once and had such bad coordination I could even sit down without swaying and falling into a lying position. I DID mix it with 16oz Gin, though) to 900mg Gabapentin is like going from 900mg Pregabalin to 150mg Pregabalin, so I'm not surprised you couldn't sleep.

I ended up taking a total of 600mg Gabapentin last night (along with 1000mg Valproate, 50mg Quetiapine, 25mg Chlorpromazine, 75mg Trazodone, 500mg Naproxen and 270mg Dihydrocodeine) and felt very relaxed and mildly euphoric. My dad commented that I was "extremely chatty". Went to bed around 5 hours after taking the first 400mg/4 hours after taking the last 200mg. Fell asleep very quickly and actually slept for 15 hours. Woke up feeling like I'd had the most restful sleep in years.

No, i actually tapered from 900mg to 150mg of pregabalin then switched to gabapentin, and tapered off of that. I felt fine during the day but sleep was impossible.

I just realised: I haven't taken any DHC for 23 hours and feel ZERO withdrawal. Normally I'm feeling rough after 6 hours and have profuse sweating, anxiety and severe diarrhea and nausea by 16 hours.
I also still feel sedated 24hrs after my last Gabapentin dose.

I just realised: I haven't taken any DHC for 23 hours and feel ZERO withdrawal. Normally I'm feeling rough after 6 hours and have profuse sweating, anxiety and severe diarrhea and nausea by 16 hours.
I also still feel sedated 24hrs after my last Gabapentin dose.
It helps with the nerve pain that withdrawals cause. Also it might help with other things like anxiety and getting too jumpy if you're on withdrawals.
Pregabalin is blessed by gods warm hand for us opioid addicts who want to get clean.
Pregabalin is stronger version and more potent version of gababentin. Check it out if you wish.

Wow! That's quite the cocktail. I think that combo would have put me asleep for 24 hours. Thanx for sharing that experience.

It helps with the nerve pain that withdrawals cause. Also it might help with other things like anxiety and getting too jumpy if you're on withdrawals.
Pregabalin is blessed by gods warm hand for us opioid addicts who want to get clean.
Pregabalin is stronger version and more potent version of gababentin. Check it out if you wish.

My G.P wouldn't give me Pregabalin because it can cause serious decline in mental health (and can make you suicidal) and I have a history of Psychotic Depression.