• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

jurnista (hydromorphone controlled release pills)

Yeah there's heaps of them about, mainly the blue 64mg pills and the red 32mg ones. I havnt been searching for them since I got rid of my nasty addiction to them but they are def around if u look hard enough. I know that they usually switch medications from morphine to hydromorphone if its appropriate.

Interesting thread. My dr has recently had me trial this, swapping from 200mg day oxycontin tablets to 40 mg jurnista, 32 and 8 mg all day one dose jobs. So far I'm meh for the dosage for my pain relief. I definitely find a shit load more pain relief and euphoria from the oxycontin, I've actually been supplementing the jurnista with 80 mg oxys here and there for pain relief. I just guess he might up the jurnista dose when I see him soon, I'll need better day to day relief from it as my oxycontin is almost out and and 40 mg per 24 hours doesn't do too much pain relief side of things.

Might see how a dose saved in future goes for a time when I'm good for pain and actually do the drug for recreation. Thanks for the people posting to help others as always, don't spend much time doing drugs for recreation tho these days, too busy keeping the chronic pain at bay and busy chasing around our 2 kids <3

Hi all old posters I know =D

Well using jurnista for a couple months. Really prefer the length of dosage for one tablet but on the special days of wanting a bit of extra fun with my meds, I prefer oxycodone. Just a shame my docs won't give me both haha. I need some occonnect with the doc ;)

I've recently been scripted jurnista in varying strengths after going up from 100 mcg/hr Fent patches.
My question is this, has anyone worked out a sure fire way to make an IV'able substance from these little babies yet?
I keep getting mixed reports : it's disprovable in water, it needs ISO... blah blah. There's no way you could push a water/white bit solution through a .22um micron anyway is there?

has anyone actually had any success yet? Hydromorph is a very strong drug, as you would all know, I would hate to see someone get hurt experimenting...

OK so there is a Victorian patient information leaflet here. If you look on page 4 ou will see the tablet contents including all excipients/fillers/coatings:
Ingredients
Each JURNISTA tablet contains 4
mg, 8 mg, 16 mg, 32 mg or 64 mg of
hydromorphone hydrochloride as the
active ingredient.
Each tablet also contains the
following other ingredients:
• Coated tablet core:
polyethylene oxide, povidone,
magnesium stearate,
butylhydroxytoluene (E321),
sodium chloride, hypromellose,
iron oxide black (E172), lactose
anhydrous, cellulose acetate,
macrogol 3350 and iron oxide
yellow (E172) (32 mg tablet
only).
• Colour overcoat:
lactose monohydrate,
hypromellose, titanium dioxide
(E171), glycerol triacetate, iron
oxide red (E172) (4 mg & 8 mg
tablet)/iron oxide black (4 mg
tablet)/iron oxide yellow (E172)
(4 mg & 16 mg tablet)/indigo
carmine lake (E132) (64 mg
tablet).
• Clear overcoat:
hypromellose and macrogol 400.
• Printing ink:
iron oxide black (E172),
propylene glycol and
hypromellose.

The hydromorphone is in salt form so should be readily water soluble. The tablet fillers aren't terribly different from those found in other tablets - micron filtering SHOULD (I could be wrong - but my best guess is this) be sufficient to remove these.

Cold water is pretty important here - fillers like the macrogol (synthetic oil) will go into suspension on heating, pass through the filter and re-set in your veins (not good). Also warm solutions can damage the filter membranes.

SO - and again this is just a best guess, but I would think the best method here is:
1. swab off the outer coating
2. split the tablet in two with a sharp blade. I have no idea about active v. non-active halves (white/grey as mentioned above) - to be on the safe side I would only work with the white half
3. crush as finely as possible
4. dissolve in 2ml cold (sterile) water
5. draw up through a pea sized piece of cotton wool
6. push through a 0.8um or finer micron filter into another syringe for injecting

As far as dose - start small of course.

Of course - safer to just take the tablets orally as intended. Also - if you want faster onset/bigger drug effect you could just crush and swallow, or crush, dissolve and shaft. Both these methods should work fine, again with higher OD risk compared to just swallowing the tablets whole. I wouldn't advise jumping straight to injecting.

Huh good luck splitting the 64mg white/grey pills. As soon as they hit water they gel up badly. I had a friend who is no longer with us but did say he managed to somehow prepare a shot from it although who knows how efficient it was. There intentionally made for oral consumption. Ive tried making a plugging solution before and it just became a big gloop (gelled up)

^OK that's interesting. Injecting a gel would be bad news. I'd imagine the sequence of harm would be - collapsed veins/infections at site of injection, development of poor venous flow leading to swelling in the extremities (the old pill injector's sausage fingers), loss of venous access and progression to high risk injection sites (neck/groin). And so on.

Nevertheless - I would expect some to inject these tablets regardless. I've certainly come across people using 21g needles in order to inject gloopy pill mixes. In the interest of harm reduction it's worth experimenting a bit more to see if we can come up with a method that would allow micron filtering - or definitively say "it can't be done" (like alprazolam tablets, for example).

My ideas - use more water (3ml per tablet), use cold water. If it still goes to a gel, there are 2 techniques that come to mind that might work. Firstly - place a decent sized piece of cotton wool (about a quarter to half of a ball) in the mix and leave it there for about 5 -10 minutes (seriously - you need to wait). Hopefully, the cellulose acetate and macrogol will adhere to the cotton fibres, allowing the hydromorphone in aqueous solution to be drawn slowly through the cotton ball into a 3ml syringe. This technique requires just touching the syringe to the top of the cotton ball - not pushing down hard on it as you normally would. This is a technique developed in New Zealand to inject MSTs ("misties" - MS Contin in Australia) before the widespread availability of micron filters. You then push the resulting solution through a micron filter, ideally. At least a further cotton filtering anyway (this is not great for regular pill injecting - but certainly better than not doing it!).

I think that method might work. If you end up with a gloopy mess still then just swallow it - it will still come on faster.

Another method that might work is to use heat to thin the gloop to a runny solution, then throw in a filter that has been pre-wet and chilled in the fridge. This should cause the gel to set on the filter, and allow the hydromorphone in solution to be drawn up into a syringe. Then of course micron filtering. It's critical to allow the initial filtered solution to cool before micron filtering - the filter won't work properly otherwise. You will also almost certainly lose a proportion of the hydromorphone into the set "wax", so you'll want to eat your filter too.

Thoughts/feedback?

Thanks for your replies. I had a go at splitting and crushing an 8mg last night and even with a tolerance of 80mg SR daily I could still feel the warmth of an 8mg. I used 2mg of cold iv solution. Drew it up through a cotton then micron filtered. The while process took ages cause the mix is thick and I had to inject really slowly.
There must be a better way?

Thanks for your replies. I had a go at splitting and crushing an 8mg last night and even with a tolerance of 80mg SR daily I could still feel the warmth of an 8mg. I used 2mg of cold iv solution. Drew it up through a cotton then micron filtered. The while process took ages cause the mix is thick and I had to inject really slowly.
There must be a better way?

Interesting that the mix is still thick after micron filtering. This suggests that there is a gelling agent that is able to pass through the filter paper (or you broke the filter - easily done on a push through if you push too hard).

If it's still thick I would think it is not safe to inject - still a significant vein collapse risk and that gloopiness has to end up somewhere - could accumulate in lungs, heart valves etc in worst case.

I'd be interested to see how you go with the absorption method I describe above. If it still comes out thick I'd advise against injecting it.

I've tried again, with an 8mg, a 16mg, a 32mg and a 64mg. With success!!

I have found that removing the outer shell (just scraping the colour layer off), then splitting the pill, scraping off any of the grey substance, carefully peeling off what is left.of the waxy, plastic shell, gringing/copping/crashing the white/cream part of the pill.

Now this is the bit that made the differance: I mixed 3ml of col sterile water/iv solution, stirred it well, and left it for a bit (preferably overnight).

Hydromorph is soluble in cold water so there's no need to heat. Then drop a cotton in it, mix another 2ml and stir it around. Draw it up with a drawing up needle or just a regular needle if that's all you've got.

Push a little sterile water/ iv solution through a .22um micron filter, then push your solution slowly though the micron into a 5ml syringe. I like to push a a little more sterile water though the micron afterward to make sure I've got all the HM. I find it shoots easily with a 27g or a 30g. Just be patient and go slowly.

This has worked for me, even with a (currently) 64mg SR daily tollerance (for genuine pain management5).

If anyone can add anything to this, please do .

Don't forget all the regular stuff. IVing is bad, especially pills. HM is x 8 times stronger than morphine so be careful with it. Tollerance builds quickly. Don't mix opiates with alcohol or benzos (they are all respiratory depressants). Always have a friend with you. If you think you may be in trouble, call 000 asap, and be honest with them. Cheers

Jurnista is a longer acting version of Dilaudid, which both substances containing the opiate called hydromorphone...DrugStore Cowboy people loved it in the movie...Says that 1/8 a grain of it would sell for $10,000 or someshit...Mods don't delete as I was just reciting a movie line...!

Drug Store Cowboy refers to blues which are Oxymorphone in the 70's.

People who insist on injecting pills should get over the stigma of plugging and try it, I realize you want the controlled release removed but that is easy (easy enough, do some researh, there are methods in this thread), its a drug that still crosses the BBB, I believe, And a grain was usually an imperial term mainly used to measure black powder (gun powder)

you'll probably find the IV rush is a lot more appealing to most; instant gratification. that and a lot of regular users have bad eating habits and are backed up with stool more often than not which inhibits solubility.

I trrried IV myself and all I got was a lot of 'gunk' nevertheless I did it anyways and was shit rush, dangerous as hell and if u compare the gratification caompred to morphein (even tho its apparently stronger) it not worth the hassle and risk IMO anyways)

tried IVing these pills? yeah, i never fucked with them trying to find an efficient way to prep when i was on them for a short time. they did well with the OROS system. and they are great for round-the-clock PM.

the rush is meant to be a lot more intense and euphoric than most opioids but is very short lived. the crack of IV opioids.

i'll stick to my morphine.

Have u guys tried the pharmaceutical grade 50mg hydromorphone vials? Mates were IV-ing 4-6mg and mentioned it was the most intesne rush they have experienced but like mentioned above very short lived. If u want to inject HM id say look for these vials. Expensive as well but good bang for ur buck.

I have tweeked ny method a bit since posting back in October & now I get a crystal clear watery solution from the pills which gives an amazing rush. Unfortunately I've been injecting daily for a while now and my tollerance is quite high so it's not so much of a rush for me now, but more a relief. It just helps me feel normal. Ah, the joys of addiction. I've been on high doses of fent, oxy's & a few others in the past & the iv solution I get from jurnista pills has been the best high & the hardest to quit so far.
I've heard the HM vials are pretty amazing. If the solution from the pills are anything to go by, then the HM liquid must be great, and without the hassle of having to make an iv solution from the pills!

Be careful with this one guys. Don't underestimate the grip this prescription drug can get on you....

I used to have a fiend of a friend who always wasted effort and time trying all diferent ways of improving analgesia from his pain medicines...
Eventually He realised (after Me telling Him so the wholllle time haha) that He was MUCH BETTER OFF just taking his Meds as prescribed and trying to find non-drugs ways of helping his pain and helping Him move on with what He really wants to do with his Life.

There is a big world out there, no point losing so much life-time worrying about fiddling with pills ey.

Peace to You all.

Last edited:
^no need for the friend of a friend front. we know it's you. it otherwise puts people off from reading or annoys the shit out of people. speak in first, not third person, please:)

Does this just mean he has a massive tolerance now?

yes/ and a) abstain completely from opioids to bring that tolerance down or b) keep taking a regular dose of the jurnista until your body adjusts to that dose and is sufficient for pain management, erasing the wd symptoms. it will take around a week for your body to readjust.