• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

jurnista (hydromorphone controlled release pills)

enlightened1

Greenlighter
ello from a long time lurker
my gp recently changed me over from oxycontin to jurnista, he claimed he was doing the same to all his patients. The reason hes doing this i think is cos hes red hot at the moment and i think ppl have been seeing him and shopping for ms and oxys and crabbing him out hardcore. so hes switched us to a drug which i think the medical community believes is abuse proof but in reality is a shit load better once u know what your doing. anyway i was a bit worried at first when he write me these 2 scripts for different strengths of jurnista. he told me it was a new drug and was just as good if not better for pain relief. so anyway i took my scripts to the nearest chemist to try and fill them, but they didnt even know what it was til they looked it up, they didnt have it in stock but they offered to order it in but i said nah ill try some other chemists (theres plenty around in the cbd.) but before i went on my way i asked "oh by the way.. what is it.. whats the actie ingredient... is it as effective as my old medication oxycontin?" they proceeded to tell me it is hydromorphone and it is quite effective. my eyes lit up. as i had got ahold to a few 10mg/1mL ampoules a few years back and i remember it being the next best opiate i hae cine accross to good ol ticky. so im thinkin i hit the jacckpot.
so i go from chemist to chemist and it couldnt be found anywhere whith the vast majority or pharmacists not even knowing what it is. so i head out of the city to my local area and get my favourite chemist to order it in and it was there by late afternoon the next day.
but while i was waiting to get my hands on it i did some reading up on what the go is with it. i quickly found out that "JURNISTA tablets have been formulated using the OROS® osmotic pump (push-pull) bilayer tablet with a semi-permeable cellulose acetate coating that controls the rate at which water is
absorbed into the tablet after it has been swallowed. A laser-drilled hole on the drug side of
the tablet allows the dissolved/suspended drug to be released from the tablet at a controlled
rate as it passes through the gastrointestinal tract.
The JURNISTA tablet is non-deformable and does not appreciably change in shape in the GI
tract; patients should be advised not to be alarmed if they notice what appears to be the
JURNISTA tablet in their stools, as it is simply the non-dissolvable shell."
so basicly this told me they were cutting edge technology for slow release pills but more so the state of the art shit for anti abuse technology.
in plain english the pills have the same wax coating ms and oxys have, then under that is an almost rock hard plastic coating and under that there is 2 halves of the pill, a gray half and a white one ( the white one has the goodies.) fuck im thinkin it was a bad idea o start this thread when im on the tilt. ill finish this thread tomorow if the mods would be so kind as to not delete this. but for now ill leave you on the note that they come in up to 64mg pills (which is a fuck load for iv.. but nothing special when taken orally and absorbed over a 24h period. so its exciting shit as there is ways to mix them up. the dr also said theres been talk of it being used as a maintenance drug and i know a lot of yous would prefer hydromorph over subbys or done even if taken orally. anyway tomorow ill detail the way i mix them up (theres methods on other forums and probably this one too) but iv come up with a way which i find is a fair bit easier.

im rather smashed again but ill explain now but go into fine detail another night for those of you who are lucky enough to have access to these.

----------------------------
First things first you wana get yiyr wsjja get (sorry cant focus but wioo complete thus soon and hopefuly someone is interested or wull benefit fron ut einegiiwi, sorry
----------------------------
night blers and happy nodding

Last edited:
hehe, quite enjoyed reading your post. You obviously had a good night. :)

I'm interested in hearing the OP's method for defeating the OROS Push Pull system. I did read one here on BL for an amphetamine, but is there a specific method for turning the Jurnista into a relatively safe IVable solution?

Before I proceede, I must advise that using any medicine in a way that is not prescribed can be dangerouse and even fatal.

Now, dedeating OROS is really simple. You will need 1 very sharp knife, a solid kitchen knife, not a flimsy blade and 1 32mg Jurnista tablet [for demonstration purpose, strength is up to the individual]
Take knife, trim off the white 'paint' you will expose a very hard, clear, plastic shell. Inside the shell, you will see what looks like 2 tablets, one grey and one white. The white stuff is what is desired. With your sharp knife, slice the pill in two, splitting the grey side from the white side. The grey stuff will more than likely kill you if injected, you don't want any grey stuff remaining on the white. There is no hydromorphone in the grey stuff, so clean up the white so it's grey free. Put the clean white pill half into your spoon, hard side up, heat well, then squash the pill down with the plunger end, work it for a while and all the white will disolve into the water, leaving a clear hard plastic shell that will never disolve. Through a filter, draw up the solution and you now have a 3ml syringe full of about 80 to 90% of dose of the tablet you began with. It is relatively thicker than water, so inject is slowly.

Remember, hydromorphone is about 8 times more potent than morphine, all other things being equal.

I do not condone this and this may cause long term damage. This information may save some lives though by eliminating the hazard of injecting the grey stuff, which is mostly salt and some other nasty stuff that can cause sudden cardiac arrest. Don't attempt this alone, In australia, dial 000 if anything goes wrong and be 100% honest with the emergency services so they can save your friends life.

Cheers.

^ There is NO question that your method will cause long term damage, not only do you advise heating of the pill which is an obvious no-no, you also don't specify to use a micron filter which is essential when it comes to shooting pills safely. Perhaps a micron filter is what you meant by 'filter' but there are plenty who would read that and just assume you meant cotton. EVEN with the use of a micron filter, heating the pills makes a number of the nasty additives dissolve into your hydromorphone solution and these will not be filtered out regardless.

^Might be worth editing his post D_M, just in case someone reads his post and tried doing it before proceeding through the rest of the thread.

DrugMentor is right that a micron filter is necessary, noone should ever inject any tablet without it and preferably use one with every substance. That said, I think the poster wasn't out of line. He or she was attempting to offer a safer way to inject that particular tablet. As for "heat." It has been well over a year since I examined the composition of Jurnista (I was excited when it was approved here but as yet noone is importing it). I cannot say IF heat would draw hazardous byproduct into the target. My concern is rather simple; hydromorphone is incredibly potent. Without doing the equigesic calculations myself (again, been awhile), I have rarely know a heavy heroin user do 30 mgs in a single injection. Most are floored with 8 mg. Someone loading up a single tablet really needs to be aware of the potency.

To add, the figures like "8 X morphine" refer to analgesia, not psycohactivity, and NOT LD50. When users hear that a substance is so many times potent as morphine they naturally assume that it means they can get eight times as high. WRONG. It simply means you can take eight times less the same weight of morphine to get effective pain relief.

Apoligies for sounding like a broken record, but I feel I need to say be careful with hydromorph mate. Some people really enjoy the stronger potency and sedation of hydro...a little too much - and I don't blame them %)

Hey Rachamim I never said the poster was out of line, I decided to leave their method up because the user puts a disclaimer there themselves and I also went on to elaborate why that method could be dangerous. Whether they were out of line or not I felt it was prudent to get it out there that heating a pill solution is generally unwise and that filtering through a micron filter should always be done when it comes to injecting pills. I guess I can see how my hasty post could be construed as a little passive aggressive but it wasn't intended that way.

Revised reply on Jurnsita

Hi D_M, There is no question that injecting any kind of pill, or for that matter, regualar IV injections of anykind, even dialysis, causes long term harm. A family member endured dialysis for many years, the vein damage eventually lead to an artery being conected to a vein, I'm not sure what this is called medically. Of course, injecting into arteries must be avoided. I respect your comment, it is highly valid. Now I will go on to say that most people I have been in the company of, whom choose to inject pills, are usually in a hurry to do so and have little regard for the safety of doing same. There is a layer of some kind of polymer around the entire inside layer of Jurnista that will disolve with heat, making the solution rather thick when drawn up into a syringe. Over time, this will probably cause heart problems, I would imagine. The same people I mentioned above usually use MS contin as their doc. Even with those, once they remove the coloured outer layer, they simply add water and heat, squash the pill, work it around a bit the draw it up through a filter. Micro filters are always prefered, otherwise known here as wheel filters, yet not always available therefore often not used, only a filter that LOOKS like a cigarette filter, of which several are supplied in sharps kits in Australia. Since hydromorphone is readily soluble in water, if one has more time or patients, one could cut the grey side away from the pill, then peel away the hard outer shell of the tablet, very time consuming, then crush the remaining white stuff in a pill crusher to a fine powder, then simply let it sit in water for about 24hrs. Cold fusion will allow the hydromorphone to fuse with the water, then, using a micro filter, draw up and inject as usual. Of course, the solution will not be sterile after sitting for 24hrs.

Hydromorphone is extreemly potent, when I mentioned that it is regarded as being 8 times more potent than morphine and about the same potency as herion, I did so as a warning, of sorts, to anyone considering injecting hydromorphone. People in Australia seem to be willing to inject almost anything, including fentanyl patches. That practice has caused quite a few deaths since fentanyl is one of the most potent opiates available on prescription, I strongly advise this practice be left to those terminal for euthinastic purposes or simply don;t do it if you want to live. Attempting to disolve benzo's in water is a waste of time as all benzo's are hardly soluble in water.

Please advise me if this type of information is not appropriate. If you are prescribed narcotic pain relief, it works best when taken as prescribed. If it is not working, talk to your Dr or pain management team. Remember, in Australia, 000 is the emergency number. You will want an Ambulance if anything goes wrong, don't lie to them, tell them everything that has happened, they don't care about why people do this kind of thing but they do need to know what has been taken, how it has been taken and how much. Regardless of what one chooses to inject, iv drug users should never use alone, that way their mate might be able to call for help if needed.

I hoe this post is better.

^ I thought hydro was more potent than heroin/diamorph. Also I am pretty sure that the artery joined to a vein is called a fistula? But as I understood it thatwas done intentionally for dialysis and wasn't some unintended consequence of injecting frequency? I could be way off I don't know heaps about it.

It is unfortunate that so many injecting drug users are either unaware or apathetic how unhealthy their injecting habits are. Even among a few of the more educated injectors I have known I have witnessed a few unsafe practises I would of expected those injecting at the time to of known better. Equally unfortunate that pharmaceutical companies are so willing to add this damaging shit to painkillers as a 'deterrant' when we all know that it deters few, but makes it a great deal harder to use safely.

Jurnista is a longer acting version of Dilaudid, which both substances containing the opiate called hydromorphone...DrugStore Cowboy people loved it in the movie...Says that 1/8 a grain of it would sell for $10,000 or someshit...Mods don't delete as I was just reciting a movie line...!

I just finished Junky by William S Burroughs, he was talking about grains of morphine. What is a "grain"?

^ it's an imperial measure of some kinds of substances. i've only ever heard it used in reference to opiates, but apparently it is used for other medications as well.
according to a quick net search i just did, 1 grain = 0.06479891 grams.

according to wikipedia:

"Grains are still used occasionally in medicine in the United States, especially in medical prescriptions, usually via the abbreviation "gr." For example, a regular tablet of aspirin is sometimes referred to as "five grain aspirin," or 325 mg. Grains are commonly used for medications that have been included in the United States Pharmacopeia for many decades, such as codeine, opium and phenobarbital combinations"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_(unit)

edit - Junky is a great book isn't it? one of my favourites :)

Thanks, I did do a quick search a few days ago when I came across it in the book but for whatever reason it didn't seem to sink in, thanks for clarifying. It's just a measurement of 65mg. Sweet.

Yeah I liked it, maybe a little outdated but definitely worth the read. Naked Lunch is one of the next on my list.

Easy to find for the Kindle :) This is all off-topic though.

Is hydromorphone very common in Australia? I heard one of my friends was going to be put on it a few months ago, just about the time this thread was created in fact. But that didn't happen, and I haven't heard anything about these jurnista pills since.

Are they prescribed in Australia for pain not responding to other medication such as codeine, oxycodone and morphine? Or is it more of a cancer patient only thing?

Edit: I found the answer to my question here:
http://www.nps.org.au/health_professionals/publications/nps_radar/2009/may_2009/hydromorphone

Hydromorphone prolonged-release (Jurnista), a once-daily long-acting opioid, was listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) on 1 May 2009. It is available as a restricted benefit for chronic severe disabling cancer or non-cancer pain not responding to non-opioid analgesics. Other oral formulations of hydromorphone available on the PBS are immediate-release tablets and oral liquid (both with the brand name Dilaudid).

Anyone seen these in Au?

Last edited: