View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Judging micrograms in a hit of LSD

Lackasham

Bluelighter
How can I estimate ugs in a hit of acid based on effects if it's liquid on a cracker? I took one hit yesterday and it was a very intense experience. Paintings were melting the faces on television were morphing. It's the best acid I have ever had but I'm not sure how good that is. Any tips on how I could estimate that?

Either send it to a lab to get it tested, or use a chart like below to guesstimate.

Actually having read a great number of LSD trip reports works like a better version of this... but depends on number of data points and reliability of reported dose amounts.

and what makes you so sure that was 180 ug.....?

it surely wasn't.

here's a chart of acid's dosage by effects, i rated my trip as 1000 ug based on what i read.

"20 mics- threshold, and some people see visuals, some dont. I personally do very easily.

30 mics- threshold, same

40 mics- obviously tripping a little bit but again, some people wouldnt see visuals.

60 mics- = The typical low quality blotter. Tripping, but in my opinion nothing like even one gram of shrooms. It makes for a good time though. Lasts longer than a gram of shrooms.

90 mics- This is where it starts getting weird, because it is most certainly more intense for some people than a gram of mushrooms.

110 mics- like a gram and a half of mushrooms. A hit of some really good lsd.

150 mics-For alot of people this is quite amazing and intense. Obvious and interesting for anyone who is not a vegetable.
----------------------------------------------------------------
(incraments I mention will stay the same but the effects of upping it 50 mics becomes more intense than above the line.

200 mics- equal to about an 8th of mushrooms, (or more for some people).

250 mics- scares the living daylights out of some people, yet some people handle it really well, much like an 8th of mushrooms. This is the dose at which I have witnessed someone become very confused. He could "see" but he didnt know where he was(in his best friends driveway). When the comedown started, he was fine, and he became a rockstar. It was one of the best experiences of his life. (thats what I get for tripping with people around for the first time in a long while) Me and one friend had to talk this guy down for about a half hour.

300 mics- your getting into heavy territory. Still not considered by most to be a heavy dose, but thats only because they know where most people including themselves draw the line if they are experienced. Its alot like 250 mics though.

400 mics- most people would never take this much unless they knew the acid they have in their possesion and really wanted to get pretty far out there.
This is why you dont see 200+ mic hits around.

500 mics- pretty much where even some of the most experienced people draw the line. Your vision is almost completely enveloped by fractal patterns, and if you were to stare at some pavement or something, it looks like you can see to the end of eternity. Miles and miles of visual depth.

700 mics- most people who talk of taking a ten strip usually dont have very potent acid(though it is good), so 550 to 700 is where they end up. This is also where "more acid" becomes less important because the effects are very similar to an even higher dose.

1000 mics- Most people will never go there. If you had a "two hits and you are floored" type of lsd, or 100 mics and up hits, this is where a ten strip would put you. You basically cant see anything but visuals, your mind as a whole is infinately connected with its self and your external environment. Amazing things happen on this dose no matter what. It would scare most people shitless. Some people will think they are dieing. Many would end up dialing 911 if they were alone and could read the numbers on the phone.

1500 mics- is almost exactly like 1700 mics. 1700 mics being the most I have ever done. Very few people have used this much lsd.
It is VERY psychologically dangerous for some people to do this. You can no longer really see your own hand in front of your face. Your cognition and vision are both bathed in the same light. Some people forget to breath frequently, and id imagine alot of people would pass out. You will loose your ego, but you will meet many organizers of human cognition in this egoless place. They are much smarter than human beings. "they" *are self conscious neurology.
They are the mathematicians behind consciousness and even the visuals themselves.
A dose 700 mics and above will show anyone some very profound things. Doses like 500 mics and above have changed many lives in both positive and negative ways. Still, it is no more threatening than mushrooms. So dont get me wrong.

Will I ever take 1000+ mics again? Hell no....But I wouldnt give up those ridiculously heavy experiences for anything."

Thank you that was very helpful. I would say anywhere in the 110 to the 150 range and that's about what I would expect. Appreciate the chart :D

20 mics- threshold
--------

IMO the best way to determine the amount of LSD of your hit is to microdose it. If one quarter hit is where you feel something (and you don't on 1/5 of a hit) then you should guess your hit is around 80 mics. This works pretty well for me the one print I saw those independent reviewers named after a comic book get tested in Netherlands was exactly what I estimated it was. I have seen people say they judge it by how much it takes to get to ego death, that seems at best inaccurate to me. Trying to estimate amount of big doses I consider almost impossible. Unless you know how much one hit is then its just multiply it. If I took 3 hits of new stuff though I would likely be way off on my microgram guess. I can't take a big dose and use the above list to guess how much it was. Like it says 250 and 300 mics are almost impossible to tell apart. 50 mics and 100 much different from each other though, that is easy to tell the difference.
And just for the record I never encounter these 200 mic hits I hear youngsters talking about. Ever. In Canada, the USA or Europe. Not saying it is impossible but 95 percent of the reports you hear from kids online quote numbers they were given by their dealers (either real life or online). These numbers are way off. I have taken a lot of LSD over the last 25 years from many different sources and never had one even close to 200 mics. It's almost always under 100. Even people with good intentions who got you the good stuff have inflated numbers because that is what they were told.

Well the dose was liquid dropped on a small ritz cracker so it's kind of hard to do the micro dosing. I would agree 200 ugs is extremely rare at best if not nonexistent. But this is some really good acid and by that chart and previous experience I would estimate it at 100-150 ugs. It was like 2 of most any other hit I've had.

as just a basic reference

75- OEV begin. Fractal or Pattern Sensation. Euphoria, jaw tension, stimulation.

150- Color changes. New scenes. Sense of story.

250- Synthastesia. More pronounced effects.

I think most of todays "party acid" is dosed at 45.