• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Journalist interested in info from Aus. Ghb users

The Daily Telephgraph is one of the worst pieces of right wing tabloid shit available in this country, there is no way anything published in that paper is going to be a fair and accurate portrayal of any recreational drug or the people who use it.

Was that a oxymoron? Telegraph is as educated as Channel 7 News... haha.. If the media is a portrayal of life then aren't we the media?

Not wishing to steer things too off course, but.....

You try importing butylactone... The Feds watch it like hawks

There are some products which contain > 90% GBL but which are used for completely unrelated applications to the usual uses found for GBL. My bet is that if these products were imported, unless they are on a banned list already, there would be no cause to check them further. I could be wrong, but I also still frequently hear about GHB being available, so it's coming from somewhere.

GBL is much more obtainable than GHB simply because it's used in so many diverse areas. Mind you, about a year ago I did hear a stranger at a party bragging that his mate had a warehouse full of 200L drums of GHB. His bottle certainly contained a salty, rather than chemical tasting clear liquid.

While I tend to agree that most G is 1,4, I do think it's being rather naive to think GHB isn't around at all. GBL can reportedly be made from GABA, available from most health stores. The product may not be totally clean, but several have testified that it works. And if they ever ban GABA, there's always the more difficult route from scratch using butane.

I don't think bashing The Telegraph is the way to get our point across guys.

Like it or not, the country is run by mothers and grandmas, and the media simply have to cater to the largest (some might argue lowest) common denominator or they will be elbowed out of the market. Look at the Sunday Age for example... it's being absolutely sat on by the Sunday Herald Sun. And what good is a non-profitable newspaper? It will soon be a non-profitable, absent newspaper.

I'm not saying this is all right, but it's just the way it is. The best we can do is try and make our voices heard - in a mature, insightful manner - and hope that some of it gets through. Sitting back and grumbling "they don't listen to us" is only going to re-inforce stereotypes and paint a picture of ignorance and belligerence.

Now who has some info for wallace?

GHB is readily accessable in Australia, in my experience. It's just hella fucking expensive.

I held back before, but now that satricion has broken the ice I'll throw in my 2c...

I really can't see the Daily Telegraph publishing anything that's pro-GHB or pro-HM.

Last edited:
Or fuck it, lets just fully ham it up for him.

"GHB puts me in contact with aliens who invite me to their home planet"
or
"GHB makes me want to have sex with empty cardboard boxes. It's so good."

I figure if they are going to mis-represent us then atleast make it some fun reading for hte mis-informed.

P.S I don't stand by those comments, so don't be going to print them in the Sun, OK!

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I don't think bashing The Telegraph is the way to get our point across guys.

... The best we can do is try and make our voices heard - in a mature, insightful manner

Well said SLM.

C'mon guys, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all. No wonder they have this perception of drug users, you're acting like little fucking kids.

But as a number of people have said, the Sun is by no means an effective stage by which to voice our opinions and show the general public that not all people who indulge in GHB/1,4B are foolish morons with a death wish. Time and time again people have been misquoted, and information that was given with the best intentions has been taken out of context by these people, purely in the interest of creating scare mongering tactics to sell a few papers more the the number 2 'news'paper.

I'm all for voicing our opinions and getting our side of the story across. However through our own means, not through communistic style information regulators.

phase_dancer said:
Not wishing to steer things too off course, but.....

There are some products which contain > 90% GBL but which are used for completely unrelated applications to the usual uses found for GBL. My bet is that if these products were imported, unless they are on a banned list already, there would be no cause to check them further. I could be wrong, but I also still frequently hear about GHB being available, so it's coming from somewhere.

GBL is much more obtainable than GHB simply because it's used in so many diverse areas. Mind you, about a year ago I did hear a stranger at a party bragging that his mate had a warehouse full of 200L drums of GHB. His bottle certainly contained a salty, rather than chemical tasting clear liquid.

While I tend to agree that most G is 1,4, I do think it's being rather naive to think GHB isn't around at all. GBL can reportedly be made from GABA, available from most health stores. The product may not be totally clean, but several have testified that it works. And if they ever ban GABA, there's always the more difficult route from scratch using butane.

I certainally wouldn't want to consume a product made from 90% GBL, the imurities in it would be highly dangerous, heavy metals like mecury and shit that can deosit on the brain (according to that book by Ward). But yeah, I hear what you are saying, I've even had some that was made form scratch, but realistically it is incredibly scarce compared to two years ago.

Wallce, I'll be happy to give some information and tell you what you need to know... Just email me or PM me...
I figure we may as well make the most of a reporter actually ASKING us for our side of things...it's better than what most have done over the past few weeks...

Originally posted by killarava2day
I certainally wouldn't want to consume a product made from 90% GBL, the imurities in it would be highly dangerous, heavy metals like mecury and shit that can deosit on the brain (according to that book by Ward). But yeah, I hear what you are saying, I've even had some that was made form scratch, but realistically it is incredibly scarce compared to two years ago.

What p_d meant is that products containing GBL and other solvents could be seperated to obtain GBL only. This could then be further purified and used a the precursor to GHB. Not use 90% pure GHB to make GHB.

If you guys don't like what's been previously printed in the media on this subject up till now, then this is your chance....

Wallace PM'd me so I replied, here's what I'm sending...

Dear Wallace,

I am respomding to your request on bluelight.ru regarding experiences with GHB (my username is killarava2day). Before going any further I must stress that my views in no way represent those of bluelight.ru nor do they endorse them.

I have been using GHB recreationally for the last three years and have found it to be a very positive substance. In terms of health and safety it is quite benign as the body metabolises it into CO2 and H2O, it has very little toxicicity. Being involved in the "club drug" scene I have found GHB to be extremely theraputic, it has marvellous sedative qualities that allow for a deep, natural sleep even when one is affected by stimulants. During GHB-induced sleep, all the normal physiological sleep functions of the brain (stages 1, 2, 3 and 4, and REM) take place in a normal sequence, in this respect it is superior to any other sleeping-aid currently available on prescription which invariably affect this sequence. Prolonged use of such substances can eventually cause personality disorders. Also, being a user of stimulants I find eating during binges to be difficult, GHB stimulates the appetite and makes eating a pleasent experience regardless of the stimulants. It is widely understood that lack of sleep and bad dietry habits are among the worst side-effects of stimulant abuse, the fact that GHB can counter this makes it a valuable tool for any drug abuser. It's aphrodisiac qualities are also quite pronounced, although it doesn't rate as highly as food and sleep, stimuklants can take their toll on the sex drive. GHB ensures that the "old fella" performs as expected and better, if ya know what I mean ;) To me it is the ravers best friened. Sure, irresponsible misuse it but I don't see the media whipping up a storm over the 20+ alcohol overdoses that occur in Melbourne every weekend.

I hope this has been of some use to you and I trust you will act with professional integrity by not misquoting me or taking my comments out of context.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me,

Yours sincerely,

*name and address withheld*.

as the body metabolises it into CO2 and H2O, it has very little toxicicity

Just a suggestion, but you might consider changing that to ..."...it has little metabolic toxicity" or something similar, as high dose effects resulting in respiratory suppression is toxicity by definition.

Also you may wish to rethink your presentation a bit. If I were an unscupulous editor I could paraphrase quite a bit of what you said, to both discredit anything further, as well as add full weight to the antidrug crusade.

I don't wish to discourage you - infact I applaud your effort killaraver2day. What is hard to ignore, is that low dosages are a completely different thing to high dose effects and problems experienced. That is the point which needs to emphasised IMO.

Like the old chemist who invented valium said when questioned about the dangers of his product " If people would stick to the recommended dosages, it [valium] is a very safe drug"

Whatever you do, don't call it GBH...

I'd just like to congratulate wallace for being the first journalist game enough to post openly on bluelight (correct me if I'm wrong). They usually just lurk.

Let's just hope this story acheives something positive for drug users and doesn't feed the current hysteria over GHB.

^^ Well we've had at least one that I can think of. Joel I think his name was, was from the Courier Mail. He came here with good intentions but I think he was swamped by editorial manipulation.