NEMD John Lennon Tribute: 42 Years Gone đź‘“

Let the person with no faults cast the first stone.
Thanks CT, that was so needed. We are all cunts. lol But we all do some good too. John Lennon music makes me happy (or sad depending on what he was going for). To me that is enough said. I mean Watching The Wheels is beyond awesome.

I remember I was working at my Bakery job that day. There was 5 minutes of silence as directed by the radio stations.

Last edited:
Lennon said in an interview,
In 1980 said:
"All that 'I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved' was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically - any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women.

"That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace.

"I am not violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster."

I believe in redemption.

Good on him for admitting his mistakes and learning from them.

Lennon said in an interview,

I believe in redemption.

Good on him for admitting his mistakes and learning from them.

If you had a daughter and I beat her then a couple of years later started banging on about peace and love you wouldn’t think like this.

Actions speak louder than words, just coming to your senses and starting to not be a complete cunt doesn’t suddenly turn you in to someone worthy of praise.

If you had a daughter and I beat her then a couple of years later started banging on about peace and love you wouldn’t think like this.

Actions speak louder than words, just coming to your senses and starting to not be a complete cunt doesn’t suddenly turn you in to someone worthy of praise.
He was pretty fucked up/traumatised as a kid, coupled with fiery and creative temperament, and acted out and was a definite cunt...same thing that happens to thousands/millions, including myself

Perhaps 5% of those come to own it personally, and maybe 0.1% publicly, if that.

I'll leave it there but will say you have an understandable point, but a tribute thread (or tribute anything) isn't the place to diss someone

Okay, @THECATINTHEHAT

NSFW:
On one hand, we've got you... repeatedly calling a dead man a cunt and saying a murderer is a hero.

You say Lennon's music was crap.
Well, obviously a lot of people in the world disagree.
Do you produce better music? What is your contribution?

Like I said, I believe in redemption.
I've done terrible things and I understand what he means about peace.
You have to self-examine when you do something terrible.
You really have to ask yourself who you are.

John Lennon was a flawed man who made mistakes.

I don't believe in free will.
We are a product of our environment.

There aren't bad people and good people.
Just people.

Reading your comments in this thread (and others), you strike me as less enlightened than Lennon was towards the end of his life.

Perhaps you can stop repeatedly insisting that he's a cunt.

We get it.
We heard you.
I don't think anybody is interested in hearing you repeat it over and over, ad nauseum.
It seems like people want to pay tribute to Lennon and post videos.
If you don't want to do that, maybe you should move on?

Yes. The man was a complete cunt I thought I had already made it clear that was my reason?

I mean youre right in a sense. Also speaks to his character and judgement to entertain shit like this:

The real musical brain of the beatles was Paul McCartney. Has a much better ear for harmony and melody

But this a tribute post to John lennon, who wasn't untalented either (and not undeserving of a tribute post, though im not a big fan)

I mean youre right in a sense. Also speaks to his character and judgement to entertain shit like this:

The real musical brain of the beatles was Paul McCartney. Has a much better ear for harmony and melody

But this a tribute post to John lennon, who wasn't untalented either (and not undeserving of a tribute post, though im not a big fan)

McCartney had the pretty music, but was very tin pan alley. Lennon had the fire and genius, but was spotty as hell. You knew a Lennon album would have a couple/few great songs and the rest not so much. That's not only because of Yoko "Oh No!". In the days of albums, that was more of an issue. You weren't playing songs.

Together, each fixed the other's weaknesses. They were a great team.

I will say that I like Lennon's solo work better. McCartney is generally "good", but nothing great. Lot's of bands are "good".