NEMD John Lennon Tribute: 42 Years Gone 👓

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
It was on this day in 1980 that musical and social icon John Lennon was murdered. His incredible music lives on.

Please share your favorite John Lennon songs, either from his solo work or with The Beatles.

Forgive their misspelling of surprise.

If you go by stories of him rejecting Julian and Cynthia and the violence then yes he was, but at least he owned up to it and his insecurities. By 1980 he'd shown real growth as a person and there was bound to be much more. He was starting to better himself before his life was tragically cut short, he barely got a chance. The trauma of losing his mother, no father figure and an abusive aunt was not a good combination, and then being skyrocketed into fame without any idea that it was going to happen, was only bound to lead to a complicated adulthood. Losing Epstein with whom he shared a close and borderline romance with was also not any easier.

I think the video you tried to link is broken.

He wasn't "hypocritical" about preaching peace and love @THECATINTHEHAT -- I mean, the whole "practice what you preach" ideal isn't something I entirely agree with. You can tell people to love themselves even if you yourself don't love yourself as you should. It's still valuable to anyone else. I do think John could be a bit manic at times and my favorite Beatle is George by far, but I'm just being realistic here.

That said he struggled with insecurities for many years. It doesn't make the messages any less valuable. He also was not that abusive towards women. Cynthia said he slapped her like, once? And that's according to her. He never hit Yoko. And yeah it's shitty that he didn't raise Julian very much, but again that's something he was beginning to do more before his death and many positive things he may have done or planned to do were ended when he was shot.

As for making fun of disabled people, yeah, that's shitty, but this was the early 60s and jokes like that weren't too far-fetched. The Beatles were constantly having to visit disabled people against their will, and the way John chose to joke about it was obviously not ideal, and I'm sure later in life that footage would've made him cringe, probably even years after, but nobody was talking about it at that point. None of the other 3 thought it was a bad joke at the time, the audience were quite amused by it.

Either way it's obvious nothing would change your mind. But celebrating a serial killer over a few things you dislike about the guy is even more fucked up than anything he did, just saying.

The Beatles were the first western group i have heard.8 years old may be.On some mono casetophone....and i was astonished.I like The Stones also,but Beatles were always number one.Lennon's music too-Jealous guy,Mind games,Imagine-just classic

I think the video you tried to link is broken.

He wasn't "hypocritical" about preaching peace and love @THECATINTHEHAT -- I mean, the whole "practice what you preach" ideal isn't something I entirely agree with. You can tell people to love themselves even if you yourself don't love yourself as you should. It's still valuable to anyone else. I do think John could be a bit manic at times and my favorite Beatle is George by far, but I'm just being realistic here.

That said he struggled with insecurities for many years. It doesn't make the messages any less valuable. He also was not that abusive towards women. Cynthia said he slapped her like, once? And that's according to her. He never hit Yoko. And yeah it's shitty that he didn't raise Julian very much, but again that's something he was beginning to do more before his death and many positive things he may have done or planned to do were ended when he was shot.

As for making fun of disabled people, yeah, that's shitty, but this was the early 60s and jokes like that weren't too far-fetched. The Beatles were constantly having to visit disabled people against their will, and the way John chose to joke about it was obviously not ideal, and I'm sure later in life that footage would've made him cringe, probably even years after, but nobody was talking about it at that point. None of the other 3 thought it was a bad joke at the time, the audience were quite amused by it.

Either way it's obvious nothing would change your mind. But celebrating a serial killer over a few things you dislike about the guy is even more fucked up than anything he did, just saying.

I don’t think you know what serial killer means.

Lennon was a total hypocrite, his music was crap, the world is better without him 👍

images

Yeah let's just all put him on ignore at this point, or just ignore his posts altogether lol. And yeah, I used the term serial killer wrong, I thought he killed his parents also for some reason. Still, celebrating a murderer over someone you don't like is more fucked up than any of the things he said, did or didn't do. He was shot just as he was beginning to improve his life and soon to return to Liverpool.

I don’t think you know what serial killer means.

Lennon was a total hypocrite, his music was crap, the world is better without him 👍
You realize this is a tribute post? What convinces you to shit all over someone's tribute to someone who they enjoy listening to?