Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Joaquin Phoenix retires from Acting

i watched the letterman clip. what a dick (joaquin, not dave).

alasdair

^ Because he made Letterman's job impossibly difficult. It's the host's responsibility to keep the show going when uncooperative guests somehow make it on the show. Phoenix obviously wasn't a suitable guest and he should have realized this. I thought he looked like a dick as well.

^ Because he made Letterman's job impossibly difficult. It's the host's responsibility to keep the show going when uncooperative guests somehow make it on the show. Phoenix obviously wasn't a suitable guest and he should have realized this. I thought he looked like a dick as well.

agreed.

this eerily reminded me of the infamous david icke interview.

...kytnism...:|

gotta grant: david icke is pretty successful at what he does

yeah dave punched in some nice quick lines

*resists urge to edit the subject line replacing the word "acting" with "sanity"*

call me crazy but i think when you agree to appear on a talk show, you should be willing to talk.

i'm not the biggest letterman fan but i think he handled it really well.

alasdair

^ Ditto. I'm glad he was willing to take jabs at him. He totally deserved it. What an asshole. Can't even elaborate what it was like to work with Gwyneth Paltrow? Then don't go on the fucking circuit to promote the film which you CO-STARRED with her. I've hated him since Gladiator just because he played such a dick and sometimes I have a difficult time separating actors from the initial role I saw them in (lame ;)) but turns out I was right. ;)

I thought it was funny. It was like he didn't even know he had been in the movie Letterman was talking about, let alone seen the damn thing.

I think JP is possessed by the spirit of Tupac. Tupac went crazy when he saw he was in the body of a white man. How does Tupac know what Joaquin iz? It's all going to end in a drive-by when Biggie Smalls comes back in the body of David Spade and kicks off his rap career. Mark my words. Mark them.

Both Crispin Glover and J. Phoenix were on a low dose of LSD while on Letterman.

Glover is debatable he came out with a movie right after that interview where he acted exactly like that so it may have just been method acting.

And yeah the Children of God people are fucked i'm not surprised all the phoenix children are screwballs.

Letterman is an unfunny asshole. His little bald sidekick is an utter embarrassment.

I liked the fact that Phoenix didn't pretend to care about some bullshit romantic comedy and do the whole fake Hollywood thing.

Phoenix (to Paul): "Are you fucking kidding? Are you joking with that maniacal laughter?"

One of the best letterman interviews I've ever seen. Most of them are so forced they make me cringe.

I thought this was pretty funny... But he still can't rap for shit.

^ He was there to promote the bullshit romantic comedy. If you don't want to be there for the reason your agent gave to the show then don't fucking go.

I liked the fact that Phoenix didn't pretend to care about some bullshit romantic comedy and do the whole fake Hollywood thing.
pretend? fake?

to me, that's exactly what joaquin phoenix was doing. to me, it seems like some contrived plan to get publicity for himself and little more. he was hardly giving it to the man. he's as much the man as letterman...

i predict he'll fade into complete obscurity.

alasdair

You tell that crazy motherfucker, Amy!

ban-him.jpg

But the reality is this: He's made enough money from his acting career to last him several lifetimes. If you had told me 15 years ago that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be Governer of California, I would have checked out your ass when you walked away from the conversation. But, after giving what you said some thought, I would have thought that was like the plot to his next failed attempt at a comedy. It would have just sounded so absurd.

Not saying Eminem has anything to worry about. In all probability, it will fail as bad as this cd that was released last year:

ScarlettJohansson-01-big.jpg

The only difference is that it will fail with much publicity. But it's his life. He should do whatever makes him happy or in this case, completely oblivious to everything around him.

^ He was there to promote the bullshit romantic comedy. If you don't want to be there for the reason your agent gave to the show then don't fucking go.

You sound like a conservative television producer.

pretend? fake?

to me, that's exactly what joaquin phoenix was doing.

You're right. It's fake replacing fake. But it's still more entertaining than the fake that I'm used to. They didn't plan the interview. I'd like to see celebrities freak out more often on live talk shows.

Crispin Glover, Hunter S Thompson, etc.

The people who don't bother following some pre-rehearsed shit. Those are the memorable interviews.

The people who don't bother following some pre-rehearsed shit. Those are the memorable interviews.
in the same way that contrived, formula interviews can be both good and bad, some of the more extemporaneous interviews can be memorable but they can also be mundane. for me, this specific interview was quite unremarkable.

alasdair