• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Jewish population

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokemctoke420

Bluelighter
First of all, im not trying to be a racist by any means.

My dad and i were wondering what the jewish population is for berlin/ocean pines, MD(21811) or for Ocean city,MD(21842) or even for the eastern shore of Maryland. ive googled for 45 mins and my dad searched to.

We both work around that area and my dad was talking about how many jewish people would come to his bakery if he opened one (even tho were not jewish).

It's got me curious now, especially since i can't find updated info for that area. ive tried U.S. Census and a bunch of other places.

I was'nt exactly sure where this goes but it sounds like this forum would be best.

this is driving me crazy, how is there no info on the current jewish population? wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you think someone on here would keep random demographics of different locations?

umm, i dont. i figure that maybe someone has better searching skills then i do and would be able to find it.

Census information about religion is not made publicly available to protect privacy. Not sure if this will be of any help.

Sex By Age By Nativity And Citizenship Status
Maryland:Ocean City town
Powered by:The American Community Survey
Total
White
Black or African American
American Indian and Alaska Native
Asian
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
Some Other Race
Two Or More Races
Hispanic or Latino

Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2007-2011 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates.

I'm just curious -- what effect will the size of the local Jewish population have on how your dad runs his business?

If it's a matter of Kosher, keep in mind that there's no such thing as making a few kosher items in an otherwise non-Kosher food establishment. For those who observe it, Kosher is all or nothing. If it's a matter of ethnicity and ethnic preferences more than religion, I imagine that if there's a sizable Jewish population, there are already a number of bakeries the area catering to their tastes. What makes your dad think they'd jump ship and come to his bakery instead? If this is what he's thinking, then probably best get established with general baked goods that appeal to a wide audience, and gradually add in some niche items that locals repeatedly request.

I'm just curious -- what effect will the size of the local Jewish population have on how your dad runs his business?

If it's a matter of Kosher, keep in mind that there's no such thing as making a few kosher items in an otherwise non-Kosher food establishment. For those who observe it, Kosher is all or nothing. If it's a matter of ethnicity and ethnic preferences more than religion, I imagine that if there's a sizable Jewish population, there are already a number of bakeries the area catering to their tastes. What makes your dad think they'd jump ship and come to his bakery instead? If this is what he's thinking, then probably best get established with general baked goods that appeal to a wide audience, and gradually add in some niche items that locals repeatedly request.

I’ve seen many a jew jump the ol bakery ship for a superior rugelach

Status
Not open for further replies.