• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January's Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v oh sh!t it's already January

Status
Not open for further replies.
33 days sober. If I could piss it all away right now, I probably would. My anxiety has gotten worse. I imagine from the years of binge drinking and other drugs; now the "real me" is starting to come through and it's not all I thought it would be. Maybe it's too early to tell. Fuck..

Way too early to tell. When I kicked H, benzos, and (m)Amps the first time, it took me 18 months to begin to feel like "I" was coming through.

You're past the acute WDs, but those are just a red herring. What you're going through right now is the real WD. It does get better and you'll be so glad you put this behind you. If you relapse, remember that's just a mistake, not a commitment.

Hey, all. Been a BLer for years, but haven't posted for about 5 years, and lost my old login due to an email hack. Anyway, I got off a 15 year oxy/morphine habit with methadone, and now after a 2-year clinic run I am doing my final taper with Norco. I am down to three 5's a day, from a high of 180 mg each of oxy and morphine.

I'm doing well, and just wanted to thank everyone for being there through all the years of hell. This really is an awesome board!

Last edited:
Hey, all. Been a BLer for years, but haven't posted for about 5 years, and lost my old login due to an email hack. Anyway, I got off a 15 year oxy/morphine habit with methadone, and now after a 2-year clinic run I am doing my final taper with Norco. I am down to three 5's a day, from a high of 180 mg each of oxy and morphine.

I'm doing well, and just wanted to thank everyone for being there through all the years of hell. This really is an awesome board!
Wow great job! You are almost to the finish line. My biggest isssue is the restless legs, how do you deal with that , any tips?

That's my biggest issue also. So far calcium citrate + D, and lots of bananas and potatoes for the potassium. I am also able to get a few Flexeril occasionally. It doesn't stop the twitch, but it relaxes the muscles afterwards. So does a hot bath and Epsom salts.

Good luck!

Absolutely, excercise is a massive help. Even if it is mild.

So far, so good with my battle against opiates. Lost track of the days I've been clean but I'm sure it's over a month, maybe two. I've got my ups and downs but I've been trying my best to replace that empty void feeling with exercise. Guess we'll see but I'm doing better everyday (with my ups and downs).

Side note, but humorous... I just realized it's mid-afternoon and I never took my morning dose. Thanks for keeping me distracted, all.

I'm trying to quit heroin. I detox myself every 2 or 3 weeks then relapse again. Just want to get back in shape, get my sex drive back and concentrate more on my art.

Nothing but loperamide (10 mg) today. So far so good. Going to start tapering that tomorrow. Happy February, all! ��

Sometimes it's a slow process, don't get discouraged. It took me along time to jump off opiates.

Yes and no! I dont want to do them anymore , and they are just to exspensive . I just dont have the luxury of taking a few days to myself to get through withdrawals. I dont want my kids or parents to know; I have 2 daughters , 3 parrots , 2 dogs , just so many chores everyday to be sick for a week. I just wish I could go to a nice hotel with a hot tub and comfy bed and just go through with it . Ugh . It?s nice to be able to come to this site and vent and get advice ! Only my husband knows (we are both on them) but I dont have anyone else to confide in I just dont want the stigma and judgement from my parents , friends , coworkers . So thanks everyone , it means a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.