• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January's Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v oh sh!t it's already January

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 days sober, and my 1 year sober challenge still going on. My first birthday sober today since long time...... LETS GOO!!!

veodo, that is great! Keep going strong!

A bit over year and a half without abusing opioids and 6 days without anything unprescribed (did some MDMA last tuesday).

Went to a concert last night so took more than I have been. (Saw Lana Del Rey ) That?s always my problem, I?ll do so good then tell my self I deserve to have fun like a reward . Ugh . Oh well back on track today for the work week .

It is hard to accept that using a drug or a class of drugs again will undoubtedly lead to a relapse. I accepted that about me and heroin/bupe.

I have accepted that about alcohol, a decade ago. But then I get a few months alcohol free and I delude myself: "Just one wont lead to that, again." ... But it does. Every time.

More last week. Thought a psychedelic trip last week would help but here I am again...

If I may, how does that effect your recovery?
Sometimes I cant even read posts here because theyll set off cravings, or difficult feelings/emotions.
So I bet having a partner who is as such, would have both its benefits and challenges.

Sometimes I cant even read posts here because theyll set off cravings, or difficult feelings/emotions.
So I bet having a partner who is as such, would have both its benefits and challenges.

Ime it's not so hard when it's not your doc. I could date an alcoholic and be fine, now a stim or opiate addict. Not a chance, I'd relapse very quickly.

Source of stress for me

It doesn’t trigger me. It’s just sad and frustrating.

Codependency is an issue for some people in recovery.

My last partner and I were very codependent.

Im glad to hear that despite the added stress your partner using isnt triggering.

Today was difficult for me. Could be Im getting sick... Or Ive crossed over into withdrawls ... Tonights a write off (again) and im disappointed but Ive got to focus on moving forward.

Im to go away this weekend to buddys birthday party but Im hoping to stay alcohol free.... We will see

Sup peeps

Been about 6 weeks with no weed, not even CBD. It's like being new to weed, except with sobriety. I had no idea how much my use was changing me, literally reversing the effects it had on me so much that I now feel high.

Music is palpable I can taste it. My appetite is nice and big. Fuck, I hope this feeling doesn't end it's enough to keep me from using. I seriously feel higher than I have been in years and I'm the most sober I've been in years.

It took leaving the country for me to get to this point. I guess I did something similar with heroin by leaving the state several years ago, but I don't remember getting high off of sobriety...shit's cray.

Grain alcohol and Benzedrex is a radical combination 8o

Wakin up lately thinkin the usual "the more days I put behind That mistake the better"

33 days sober. If I could piss it all away right now, I probably would. My anxiety has gotten worse. I imagine from the years of binge drinking and other drugs; now the "real me" is starting to come through and it's not all I thought it would be. Maybe it's too early to tell. Fuck..

Turned down a bag of dope the other night, proud of myself.

I only have a 1/4 of a 40 OC left so about 10 mg. So Im super anxious and I dont know if I should use it tonight to sleep or stick it out and keep it for work Monday . Hoping my husband can find more just not ready to jump off yet . I bought a bottle of that Calm Support stuff, anybody ever use that to cold turkey? I dont have access to any of the comfort meds everyone always talks about.

Last edited:
**** Hydro ; She didnt sound as good live , kind of a bummer . Lazy performer, just sat there and sang and had 2 dancers swaying in the background. But it was a good date night for us it was nice to go to the city .
*** ( every time I try to reply to someone , like quote them it never works ?? What am I doing wrong here?)

I just got out the hospital a couple weeks ago from heart endocarditis and surgery to replace two heart valves from shooting meth and h. I was basically forced to get clean at that point, which i partially feel greatful for, but i feel like i should go back on bupe maintenance or i'm going to eventually go back to using opiates. Part of me feels like i'd be taking a big step back, but at the same time there are positives to it like cravings obviously and it's a much better antidepressant than the antidepressants i'm taking that's for damn sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.