• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Jakeperson dies

Very saddened this morning to see this. Jakeperson has contributed so much to Bluelight and I always knew when I saw his name attached to a post that it was worth the read. Jakeperson will be very much missed around these parts. I get angry at the number of young Australian BLers we seem to be losing, for whatever reason, it just feels incredibly tragic.

I went to an opiate clinic and was refused bupe because I had tapered myself to 4mg, apparently they dont prescribe doses lower than 8mg.

Just read a few of his last posts. About wanting to stop methamphetamine, about being refused a prescription for buprenorphine.

Makes me wonder how many people in this world that die would still be around to tell the tale if we had responsive, well-resourced, relevant treatment options. People should never be refused treatment due to process or technicality.

I know some of us live with the idea that we won't go past 30 yrs anyway, so let's just have a ball while we are here. I didn't get the impression Jakeperson wasn't that sort - he seemed like someone who would make an awesome grandfather one day. *tears*

Makes me wonder how many people in this world that die would still be around to tell the tale if we had responsive, well-resourced, relevant treatment options. People should never be refused treatment due to process or technicality.
indeed!

It is very sad to see this. I enjoyed his posts, and I imagine he was a good person.

Rest in peace Jakeperson.

I hope this comes across the right way.
Id like to see a photo of Jake as most of us know each other only on BL as faceless avatars, even though we might have talked for years and under different circumstances might have been friends in real life. It would be nice to be able to put a face to his name.

I can understand if his family and friends would like him to remain anonymous.

....It would be nice to be able to put a face to his name.
....I can understand if his family and friends would like him to remain anonymous.

I understand where you're coming from .... but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable putting up a picture of him (so obviously I won't be). There are a few on here who were quite close to him however, so I'm going to let them make that call!

Anyone else still read the new post as they come on this thread and still think just, really? Like things haven't become real?!

Last edited:
I feel the same as you tyreal, posting someone photo on this forum even after death has to be taken with caution and should only be decided by the ones closest to him. Perhaps someone should just pm a photo or too to mister instead.

I completely understand. I was reading through the BL Shrine and a lot of people had posted photo's of those that had lost their lives which really hit home for me, I was reading thier stories at work and was actually struggling not to shed a tear.

Anyway, its weird not seeing Jake post any more.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a pic of jake either, but unless one was posted I wouldn't say anything, I recall thinking the same thing when spaltt died a while back too.

man, just looking through my recent PM's and i had received one from jake asking me about recommendations for an e-cig and accessories and i hadn't replied as i thought i had :( i'd exchanged pleasantries with jale on and off over the years and it was always positive. he seemed like such an upbeat guy all the time, even the few times i spoke to him via IM.

this is such a tragic loss not only for his friends and family but his bluelight family and aus dd as a whole, being such a bright and enthusiastic young lad. he was taken way too soon.

in regards to the pic of jake. in the last few months or so he had posted a pic in the aus social pic thread which would be fine to post and share in here as he has posted it himself already. as for any others it would be best to get permission from a family member, ie - mother, father, sibling/s.

rip jake <3

the pics he posted are here, from his last birthday celebration.

Holy shit, I have not logged on to BL in months due to being in rehab for my addiction issues and this is just terrible news. Absolutley sad.

RIP Jakeperson, I really respected your posts and insights a great deal.

I will try even harder to recover and remember that death is a very real possibility for me and all addicts if I/they continue to misuse and abuse drugs and alcohol.

ahhh, damn :( i just thought they weren't showing up for me.

he looked pretty happy down in his "dungeon" :D such a vibrant looking young fella. man, this sucks.

This is tragic news just like any loss of a Bluelighter or otherwise. My sincerest condolences to Jake's family, friends and anyone else touched by this tragedy. Be safe guys!!!

RIP Jake. :(

Just wow... I can hardly believe this...

I only met Jake a few times irl but he was definitely a great guy. Really genuine and friendly. The world is a poorer place without him around.

Very sad news :(

A bunch of us drove up to Port Lincoln for Jake's funeral over the weekend. It was a very peaceful funeral. I cried like a bitch but now I have had closure. and I'm no longer waking up sad and crying anymore. It has been a very very hard and trying fortnight. But the hardest part is done. I know things will start to get better and better and as days goes by.

Thanks for everyone's caring msgs yo. I will pass on these caring msgs to Jake's relatives.

I love you JAKE. See you in the next life brother

RIP jakeperson
I am a long time lurker and found bluelight around the same time as jakeperson.
Such a tragedy xo