• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Jakeperson dies

I'd like to thank everyone for there kind loving words.
I know jake would be happy with the outpouring of support and comments.
He loved BL and its the people here that make it great place.
I know people on here helped him through the hard times and the high times.
So i am thanking those people from the bottom of my heart since jake cant do it himself. You know who u are.
Its how i met Jake in the first place through bluelight.
I'll never be able to listen to chili peppers again without thinking of him.
I was thinking about putting some pictures up of him but i am not sure if i should i'll wait to see what others think

Last edited:
RIP Jakeperson, you were a top bloke and you will certainly be sorely missed around here. My condolences go out to all that were close with him.

that was jake and i am grateful for knowing him and BL was a better place because of him. At BDO he literally gave me his shirt off his back, so i could get it cause i didn't have one.

^ This is so heartbreaking :( From what I've seen of his posts and this line alone he just sounds like such a kind soul.

My deepest sympathies to you, all his friends and his entire family

^ This is so heartbreaking :( From what I've seen of his posts and this line alone he just sounds like such a kind soul....

He was, he really was! :( Not saying him and I were bff's, but over the past number of years there's definitely gonna be a part of me missing with him not here anymore!!

condolences to friends and family.

i always found value in and respected his posts.

That's so fucked up! I spoke to him a day before - I had an opportunity helped stop it.

Hey drug_FUCKED I'd heard your BDO bender was a bit epic!

I LOVE YOU JAKE TOO!!!!!

he was the first bluelighter i've met in aadleiade and we had became bestest of friends over the years. It was def NOT an deliberate OD! I was at his house chilling with him earlier this week. we had a falling out towards the end of last year and had not spoke for nearly 4months. But thanks to Bhuddha me and him we made up and became the old best of friends againn just before he passed away. We chilled at his house for like 2days just like OL TIMEs

RIP BROTHER. I shall see you again when my next life begins. I am sure we will be best of mates again .

and YOU KNOW IT TOO.

<3 YOU JAKEY BOY!

It was accidental! Without going into details (d_F, Sus and other would know) - as with us all - we go through our own demons but this wasn't a deliberate OD!

This is deeply upsetting.
Jake was a real character of this forum, and as a harm minimisation focused website, any tragic loss like this feels to me like a failure - in some part - of bluelight's message hitting its target.

My sincere condolences to jake and those who loved him.

For those of us who only knew this young man as an internet persona - I hope that you, like me, use this horrible loss to look at your own situation with a bit of harsh clarity; we so often talk in non-judgemental terms of "you're going to do it anyway, so here's the safest approach" which can normalise and allow us to feel ok about our use of drugs.

Some of us are playing with fire - playing with death - on a regular basis.
It saddens and sickens me to hear of the life of another bluelighter get cut so short.

Please remember jakeperson for how he lived, but also how we lost him.
Australian Drug Discussion will sorely miss his contributions, his warmth and his personality that shone through in all his posts.

RIP Jake.

RIP Jakeperson, although I didn't know hime have read and learnt heaps from his posts so sad to see another young person needlesly lost forever, heart goest out to his family and mates he will be sorely missed :(

R.I.P Jakeperson, a valued member of the bluelight community. Strength through unity blue/greenlighters! thoughts go out to anyone directly affected by his loss.

Sucks. I'm another who didn't know him AFK, or IRL, but I'm a hermit.

RIP dude.

It's usually the case when someone passes away that everyone suddenly begins to wax poetic about how amazing an individual they were, how much of a positive effect they had on the world around them, but when it comes to Jake, this is no case of exaggeration or selective memory. I didn't know him as well as some here, more than others, but I considered him a friend, someone I would talk to and party with, and I can honesty say that he was one of the kindest and most genuine individuals I've known. Even when things were dark and shitty, he was always positive and smiling and friendly and In the last few years I've known him, I can't once remember a rude or cruel or judgmental word passing his lips. He was kind and forgiving and accepting, even at a time when I personally gave him every reason not to be. One of life's genuinely good people.

Despite the lifestyle lead by so many in this community, it can be easy to forget, with all of our talk of knowledge and care and harm reduction, that cruel chance can still strike at any time, but the events of last week have been a harsh reminder of the fact that we aren't immune to the dangers of how we live and the risks we take. Jake's passing has left a hole in a lot of lives, I just hope that, if we can take a lesson, not just from how he passed but from how he lived among those around him, then his death will not have been in vain.

Wherever you are man, I hope you've found the peace that eludes so many of us.

RIP buddy . . . I'm speechless and just. . lost for words. We did some PM'ing and seemed like a great friend to have. My thoughts go out to family and friends . . any close forum friends of jakeperson that ever want to chat, I'm here . .

Totally gutted . .

...so gutted. Never met him, so painful that I didn't when he offered. WISH I had known him better.

I have a private message I forgot to reply to from jake :( few weeks old not related to his death obviously but seriously shattered I'll never be able to reply or meet up with him...this is just horrible news. He was so young :(

RIP jake. Sorry I Never took the initiative to get to know you better.

Last edited:
Fuck no.

I spoke to you quite a bit man.

The lives of the dead are made eternal in the memories of the living.

Didn't want to believe it on the morning that I read it (only the day after), still haven't completely comprehended it and don't see that I will any time soon... :(

One of the first people to 'befriend' me on BL, he was such a warm, friendly, thoughtful dude... it kills me to think that I never plucked up the courage to broach with him the seriousness of his drug obsession, figuring he was a smart enough kid, all kids go through phases, he'll find his way through the dark, just give it time...

and it seems his time ran out :( much too soon, heartbreakingly so (fuck St. Valentine, seriously).

RIP, bro. although your death is hard-hitting, your memory will live on ever stronger, forever longer. <3 <3

shit :|

jake was such an intelligent guy, when we first talked I figured he had done some chemistry at uni or something because he really knew his shit when it came to drugs

he was also the only person on bluelight who I used to chat to on MSN and even hang out IRL a couple times

a real nice dude who didn't judge people because of their imperfections and had a very funny dialect

I knew his drug use was pretty out of control but fuck i know this sounds cliche but this makes me realise how final death really is :(

RIP JP, condolences to his family and those who knew im better, he really was 1 in 1000 <3

Have all his posts been deleted? I would be interested in reading them, and I think a lot could be learned from them (possibly.)

RIP Jake.