• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Jail in England, do you get you're prescribed benzos (and methadone)?

Not sure about the UK, but no doctor in no Irish prison will give you benzos. You've got to buy them from other guests, Mirtazapine is what they'll give you. No benzos of any kind... That said, most jails are full of 'blues',usually pressed etizolaam but they'll put you on yer back so understandably they are fairly popular. Zimmos are also ubiquitous within the system.
ECHR... remember the methadone thing in english jails?

ECHR... remember the methadone thing in english jails?
Was never in an an English one thank fuck, but they dish out methadone like soup in Irish ones. Indeed, it's not unheard of for people who have no history of opiate use of any kind to go in for relatively short sentences and getting strung out on methadone inside and coming out with a habit.

bit late i guess for the OP but surely if you know you're likely going inside and are worried about your meds is to try to taper ahead of time?

The question in thread title says it all. I'm a ROI citizen. If I got locked up in northern Ireland or UK mainland I know I get methadone but do I get my 15mg diazepam a day that I'm prescribed?

We don't get our prescribed benzos in Ireland we do get lyrica if it's prescribed.

Thanks.

Yes. But benzo's are almost never prescribed in the UK anyway.

Lol. I ended up lock u p the other day after collecting my green. Got handcuffed for tryna get a swig in before i went in cop van. At lovcal lock up they locked it away and told me the peole vringin me court wont carry it. 2 nights in cell, got offered paracetemol and tozld, there is meds we can give but you must wait. Lol. Lock up.

Lol. I ended up lock u p the other day after collecting my green. Got handcuffed for tryna get a swig in before i went in cop van. At lovcal lock up they locked it away and told me the peole vringin me court wont carry it. 2 nights in cell, got offered paracetemol and tozld, there is meds we can give but you must wait. Lol. Lock up.
So you have to take your methadone in a cop van? And if you dare to take a swig before you reach the cop van you get 2 nights in jail?

Jesus! The totalitarian police state has made itself blatantly obvious once again if that is the case.

Wasnt locked for posession. They werecomin for me and i went to drink my green and they hand cuffed me. Lol. Over 20 years. A bag head. These last 2 years ive done the least smokin of my life and been locked up five times for family amd neighbour issues. Makes you wonder eh? The h must be keepin me tamed and if im not near the h i go wild

I avoided jail last time but as my habit progresses into double digit years I now have another charge that might get a suspended sentence if my previous one is up and I do some serious rehab. But burglary charge now as well just looking for somewhere to get out of the cold.

The housing crisis, lack of methadone services working with me in order to facilitate part time work. I feel the need to be part of a working society and my head goes to bad places if I don't keep busy.

A lot of my issues are based in homelessness. I need to get back on the phy, taper down off the benzos I've already stopped taking lyrica.

I'll go in with some mk677 hit the gym, try to have my 2k debt paid off so I'm not made to do things. and ill try and reduce my phy dose down towards the last few months. I want out of this life it's too hard to do 2 rattles simultaneously on the streets.

I'm lucky my mam helps me and talks to me and I still have some good friends. But do feel useless and unwanted and a burden I was never a criminal before I became homeless. If you don't count scoring and using drugs..

If you were facing 3 years would you stay or go never to return?

I avoided jail last time but as my habit progresses into double digit years I now have another charge that might get a suspended sentence if my previous one is up and I do some serious rehab. But burglary charge now as well just looking for somewhere to get out of the cold.

The housing crisis, lack of methadone services working with me in order to facilitate part time work. I feel the need to be part of a working society and my head goes to bad places if I don't keep busy.

A lot of my issues are based in homelessness. I need to get back on the phy, taper down off the benzos I've already stopped taking lyrica.

I'll go in with some mk677 hit the gym, try to have my 2k debt paid off so I'm not made to do things. and ill try and reduce my phy dose down towards the last few months. I want out of this life it's too hard to do 2 rattles simultaneously on the streets.

I'm lucky my mam helps me and talks to me and I still have some good friends. But do feel useless and unwanted and a burden I was never a criminal before I became homeless. If you don't count scoring and using drugs..

If you were facing 3 years would you stay or go never to return?
You in dublin if i remember rightly? So easy become homeless. Scoring and using drugs is being a criminal in a lot of idiots eyes and they resent when we dont get locked up for it.

Dublin still a desperate place for heroin? I moan a lot a bout the drugs services who px my meth but i dont have to dance around them for it like i used to. They leave me alome but i also feel quite unsupported since lookdown lockdown luckdown war on poor and elderly. Na cobhid nee yay as i hear on radio na g.

Wasnt locked for posession. They werecomin for me and i went to drink my green and they hand cuffed me. Lol. Over 20 years. A bag head. These last 2 years ive done the least smokin of my life and been locked up five times for family amd neighbour issues. Makes you wonder eh? The h must be keepin me tamed and if im not near the h i go wild

What's it like in prison? As bad as they show on the TV shows?

Yes. But benzo's are almost never prescribed in the UK anyway.
all under the guise of 'well they might sell them to someone' is what everyone i have spoke to about this tends to get told here.
Word has it you can get them by going private to be prescribed them regularly, otherwise its not likely you will get a prescription of them for any long term use from a regular GP.

only way i got prescribed them for a short time was to have a habit and ask to be tapered off them (and only will help you do that ONCE, since 'relapse' is not a word they want to incorporate into their practice so they don't have to prescribe you if they tapered you too fast) my own GP wouldn't do the prescribing and sent me to another GP in the exact same building. This is my GP, the same GP who prescribed my granddad bottles full of diazepam and temazepam 15-17 years ago cuz he had trouble sleeping just. Then they disappeared from his shelf when i was about 14-15 y/o. i always wondered why my granddad became a bit of an alcoholic for a bit and its starting to kinda add up why he had chlorodiazepoxide too when we were cleaning out the medicine cupboard

another way i know of is you have been through multiple antidepressants that didn't work and fucked you up worse than you were before they'd even think of giving you a benzo script. (most likely the benzo script is then highly needed because they preferred to fuck you up with SSRI's for anxiety first before just going to the root of the problem and giving you an anti-anxiety drug)

Just in the past few months, I've had multiple friends, people i have talked to in clinics and my own cousin (who would only use one occasionally) lose their 5mg diazepam script they had been on for years, to then try be replaced with mirtazipine or amitriptyline by their dr's, one even getting offered an anti-psychotic instead. no taper or nothing. So can you guess who they all had to turn to, to get better? 'an unlicensed street dr'

This...My private doc scripted them for years for me - but when i went NHS nothing - and only x3 zopi's when I couldn't sleep. No wonder everyone gets them off the net.
bingo, scripted long term when private but VERY RARELY, if ever, are they prescribed like that by normal GP's.

What's it like in prison? As bad as they show on the TV shows?
dunno if thats full on prison they talking about, i think its like them holding cells for a day or few, (which are just 'meh', just get some sleep or ask for a book and give u microwave meals, peaceful until the drunks come in at 3am screaming bloody murder about how they will do this and that, thus waking you and everyone else up) but i could be wrong

I got locked up ROI and I got laughed at when I asked would I be getting my valium as I've been on it 14 years and I'm on chlorpromazine THORAZINE in America and they wouldn't give me that either a very potent anti psychotic..so I was on half dose methadone no vals just a tablet to stop me haven't fits and not for the anti psychotic..so 3 days no chlorpromazine I was starting to manifest psychotic thoughts which I never had before I went on it...I was on it for different reasons crack paranoia as it happens so no vals that's and being in prison.. fucking nightmare day and night only lucky my fam bailed me out cos I was crumbling thanks to those shit useless prison doctors.Oh yeah I just remembered I was on an antidepressant too which I got fuck all of.🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno - but I have epilepsy and when in a cell, they couldn't get them too me fast enough. My wife pointed out that seizures KILL. That they had been told (she got police officers name and number). They didn't have clonazepam..... I got 1 blue (not enough) Then, in interview I have seizure. Doctor walks in, puts 3 more blues on the table and walks out.

Now 40mg of diazepam WORKED. Also got statement thrown out and 2 coppers the sack (They tried to cover up I almost died) and the doctor.... well he was NEVER traced So who knows IF he was a doctor?

Charge rapidly dropped as wife makes complaint to chief about them almost killing me. A disabled Iraq vet dying in custody will end the chiefs hope of his/her KBE... Justice is crooked.