• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IVing Heroin, after being on Suboxone Question??

Codex23

Greenlighter
Been on 16mg/day (8mg AM & 8mg PM) Suboxone for 19 days. Last dose was 18h ago. How long should I wait...I have everything. Wondering if i should wait 24 at least for best effects. I know some people say 48. But usually when someone is on Subs for months...my case is less than 3 weeks? Anyone?

They're going to cling to those receptors no matter how long you've been taking it, especially at those high doses. I'd wait 36 hours at least.

Of course, I don't expect you to wait. No offense, but those of us with addictive personalities often just can't bear the anticipation.

If you don't wait, report back and tell us what happened. There's limited data on this, so every account matters. I really don't expect you to feel another opiate within 24 hours, though. It's not about tolerance. Bupe was designed to cling to the receptors, and it has an extraordinarily long half-life. I'm in withdrawals now, but they didn't start for four days.

Okay, gonna wait until about 8pm tonight. 27h mark.

Not going for 27h specifically, rather, thats a good time for me.
Ill let you know. If nothing, ill obviously save the rest until i feel WDs come on. If 4 days is the case... why are they having us dose daily still, even for people who have been off of opiates for a long time. I mean, i am not saying your lying rather, couldnt wait make our suboxone last way longer if we dosed every 2 at least?

Oh, definitely. The problem is that doctors often know less about this drug than users. 4 days may not be typical, but I've seen consistent accounts from users for whom acute WD symptoms didn't begin until the 4 day mark.

Either way, it's well established that Bupe stays on the receptors for days, and it eventually builds up in your system on high enough doses. You can Google this and find the information in respected medical journals. Again, 4 days may not be typical, but that's why I said 36 hours for you. I've been using for about 2 years.

Ill let you know tonight man. No WDs...but definitly not feeling close to how i do after taking my sub, mood is blah, energy is blah, noticable at 22 hours.

Shot 2.5mg approx of Bupe instead (cut a 8mg suboxone strip)

At 30h since last 8mg sublingual dose. Wow. The mood lift. No rush but definitly euphoria. (Never ended up actually picking up H...in the AM ��)