• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ive never 'tripped'. Im too worried about my physical wellbeing?

moonyham

Bluelighter
Hi!

So, im relatively noob to psychedelics.. not really though. Ive done:

mushrooms(3 or 4 times, high and low doses)
DXM(5 or so times, medium and very high doses)
Salvia(2 or so times.. first time was extreme, never wanted to go that far again)
Mescaline(in form of san pedro cacti brew. Did it once, quite intense)

Umm thats all i remember right now.. i tried ayahuasca once but it ended up just making me vomit, feel super awesome, but no trip.. basically i created a well being tonic haha.

So, thats my psychedelic history. Now, i am almost always down to try a psychedelic, im open minded to them and enjoy experiencing new emotions and thought processes, i enjoy visuals and altered perceptions, i enjoy all aspects except..

I bad buzz that my body cant handle that shit, like my heart is going to explode. I have a very bad case of.. damn i cant think of the word, but you know how sometimes, whether your sober or tripping, you really can feel your heartbeat? Like, your super aware of it? Well, i get like that when im tripping out. I cant lie in bed tripping out without listening to my heart POUND away. It completely disrupts my trip!!!! Mushrooms were my most relaxed/least bad buzz trip(no bad buzz at all really..) but i only did them in social atmospheres, or relatively loud etc.. enough to distract me from my heart.

Its not like i even have a real reason to bad buzz on my heart.. im healthy, i dont have flutters or anything wierd like that.. my family has no history of heart problems, my heart and body are perfectly fine, relatively.

The thing is, i REALLY want to just TRIP - THE - FUCK - OUT. Like all these experiences i read where people fly through the universe and shit, I WANT THAT. I want to be absolutely disconnected from my body and be walking around in my brain, i want to just not even know where or what i am. But, im scared that my heart beat phobia/problem, will mix VERY badly with a super intense trip?

What do ya'll think? And considering that i would imagine.. that the higher the dose the more impact it has on your heart? Like, low dose maybe slightly higher rate.. high dose = much higher rate?

Whats a good psychedelic that doesnt increase heart rate/blood pressure much, if any do exist at all? Mescaline bad buzzed me the most out of all my trips and that was solely on my heart.. it got to like 250+bpm after cycling up a hill super fast and smoking a joint just prior and i heard clicking in my brain to the beat of my heart - i havnt had a trip since then.

Everyone has different trips, so something that will give someone the "fly through the universe" feeling may not for another person. Maybe if you don't want your heart to be so sped up you shouldn't cycle up a hill super fast. Do you have any heart problems that you know of? Sure, psychedelics may speed up your heart, but for the most part it shouldn't be uncomfortable. I'm surprised that you haven't touched lsd, by the way.

Everyone has different trips, so something that will give someone the "fly through the universe" feeling may not for another person. Maybe if you don't want your heart to be so sped up you shouldn't cycle up a hill super fast. Do you have any heart problems that you know of? Sure, psychedelics may speed up your heart, but for the most part it shouldn't be uncomfortable. I'm surprised that you haven't touched lsd, by the way.

Yeah i know now, that i shouldnt have cycled up a hill super fast.. but i was already concious of my heart before that.. i think.

I havnt tried LSD due to lack of availability... I mean, i could get it if i really wanted too, but i think its best left for a rainy day. I still havnt tried E yet aswell, not cause i cant get it, just cause i know it'll be an awesome experience and (good) new drugs arent coming out every year, so whats the rush to do them all now? :)

The thing is, i REALLY want to just TRIP - THE - FUCK - OUT. Like all these experiences i read where people fly through the universe and shit, I WANT THAT. I want to be absolutely disconnected from my body and be walking around in my brain, i want to just not even know where or what i am. But, im scared that my heart beat phobia/problem, will mix VERY badly with a super intense trip?

What do ya'll think? And considering that i would imagine.. that the higher the dose the more impact it has on your heart? Like, low dose maybe slightly higher rate.. high dose = much higher rate?

Whats a good psychedelic that doesnt increase heart rate/blood pressure much, if any do exist at all? Mescaline bad buzzed me the most out of all my trips and that was solely on my heart.. it got to like 250+bpm after cycling up a hill super fast and smoking a joint just prior and i heard clicking in my brain to the beat of my heart - i havnt had a trip since then.

The best psychedelics I have had would probably give you the same concerns. I thought I was going to have a heart attack on IV MDA and could feel my heart doing funky things (palpitations).

Plus most psychedelics, even if they are 100% safe for the body and mind, will probably lead you to believe "something is wrong" even if it isn't.

Paranoia can help you think "something is wrong" even if it isn't...so I guess it's not so much "the drug" but the "mind over body" thing.

You do not have to worry about natural psychedelics such as LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline or DMT damaging your heart. While it is true that if you have anxiety your heart rate will increase, it is also true that your perception of time and the severity of your situation is most likely distorted. Try lighter doses in increments of an hour or so. This way you will be able to adjust your dose when you are comfortable.

Yeah i know now, that i shouldnt have cycled up a hill super fast.. but i was already concious of my heart before that.. i think.

I havnt tried LSD due to lack of availability... I mean, i could get it if i really wanted too, but i think its best left for a rainy day. I still havnt tried E yet aswell, not cause i cant get it, just cause i know it'll be an awesome experience and (good) new drugs arent coming out every year, so whats the rush to do them all now? :)

One thing I didn't mention is that many people hear tripping, instantly think of crazy visuals, insane epic adventures in their heads, while this does not happen often. Sure, after a large amount of a psych. it can happen, but if you're tripping just to have one of those experiences I think you are going about it all wrong. I don't want to shoot down your aims with the drug, but you expect too much and seem to do too little.

Personally, never dosed and did DMT, but my friend said he saw intense visuals. After enough DMT, I saw visuals when I closed my eyes, but I never broke through. I think you'd like DMT. While it is actually pretty difficult to master the usage, it can be great even if you don't have it all down. You'd probably feel safer knowing it's acquired from plant extract, and it's a chemical made inside your brain normally when you dream.

LSD can definitely give you what you're looking for, candyflipping would as well. I can understand why you want to wait on MDMA, you know it will be great(TRUST me) and know that when you do try it, it will be even better. When(if) you do get around to mdma and lsd, try taking each separately, then taking them both at the same time. I know you'll enjoy it, just have fun and stay safe.

In retrospect, I'm not sure why I didn't suggest DMT from the start. Read up here or on erowid about DMT, and find yourself some. Mastering the break through can feel like a battle at times, but it's worth it, and fun. The trick is not burning the DMT. Melting the DMT into some weed and taking bong rips is good to master. Some may suggest a crack pipe though. The trouble sometimes is smoking enough to break through, because after a couple hits you may just be unable to do more.

Yeah ive been meaning to make myself some DMT for a long time.. since i read up about it over 1-2 years ago. Maybe thats what i should do this weekend... yeah fuck it. Youve convinced me.. or should i say ive convinced myself. I figure im going to be too fucked to get any anxious/worrysome feelings that i get on the build up to other psyches.

Oh and i know how everyone reacts differently etc.. ultimately, you are only taking a drug etc. I just mean ive been sort of.. too scared to take a big leap and do a heavy/strong trip to the point where im bed ridden and 'gone'.

I thought I could lose myself forever if I were to try some psychs. My friends tried to dose me for free, but I refused. I was fine with molly and alcohol. It took talking to my uncle about it to seal the deal. I had some concerns, but after he said I should atleast try it, I was convinced. It's harmless if used correctly, and it's fun. Since then I've tried mushrooms and DMT, I'm never doing mushrooms in the winter ever again, but I've decided the first warm(65+) day in the spring my friends and I are going to trip. DMT is all around good. You feel great, you can see nice visuals. To be honest, for most of my hard trip, I had my eyes closed because of the visuals. I can explain it but I don't want to bore/lose you.

Oh, I've heard DMT be described as(I also would refer it to this before I tried it) the happy salvia. Before even trying it, only having it be described to me by my friends, was that it is basically salvia without the horrible, horrible feeling involved with salvia. People who I kow who haven't smoked DMT before say it's bad, its fucked up, ect. Everyone who has done it, and knows it says the COMPLETE opposite.

Last edited:
Yeah i spose some people have concerns about there mental wellbeing, some physical. Id say more on the mental side when it comes to psychedelics, as i havnt met any people who say 'na man im never gonna do acid, itll like, make my heart explode' but have heard plenty of times how 'crazy' its gonna make you.

Im the opposite. I think, i know, that i can handle anything mentally. I feel my mind is my strongest point, therefore i dont worry about that. Although, and this shocked me because i always thought *i could look at anything* and not flinch.. but... i saw a dog the other day, and it had this rotten(literally) patch on its backside/lower back above the tail.. it was soooo sick, no shit, it was one of the sickest things ive ever seen. I actually GAGGED a little bit. First time thats ever happened..

Acid helps me emotionally, personally. It's pretty tough dealing with lots of emotions, putting things in order, and figuring things out. I had to deal with a pretty rough breakup recently. I was torn on it for a while, tripped on some nice lsd and it helped me put things in order in in perspective. I realized that life is just too short not to enjoy good things while you have them.

This little mushroom thinks that you would probably most enjoy the effects of DMT, just as tearitdown described. DMT gives you the type of visuals you have heard about, but may have never experienced with LSD or mushrooms. DMT trips are somewhat more gentle than other psychedelic experiences. When smoking DMT the user is enraptured in the experience so fast, that one cannot think of one's self fully. You blast off before you are even finished smoking the substance if you do it correctly. You become immersed in a wonderful world, but your mind remains clear and in tact. you are able to move around in this world. You cannot so much control the direction though. You are guided... almost as if you are on a ride through a series of fantastic visions. By the time the effects start to wear off you have entered into an amazing euphoria. This little mushroom believes the euphoria is brought on by the fantastic visions. It's wonderful to see something so beautiful... Try smoking it during a mushrooms trip... It will be stunningly beautiful.

This little mushroom has done high dose mushroom trips where he was blown into another world for a few hours, with visual streaming past him. It was a strange night... and this little mushroom was not expecting to trip so hard.

This little mushroom has friends who are a bit more experienced with high doses... and they have said that these DMT breakthrough visions can be seen in likeness with high dose acid trips and mushroom trips.

What it comes down to is knowing the substance you are using... which is very difficult today considering the illegality of most of these materials. A lot of acid today is pretty weak, probably between 20 and 40 micrograms a hit. Every once in a while this little mushroom gets strong stuff that is perhaps 75-100 micrograms... but that has been quite rare. The potency always differs, though. So basically you need to buy a bunch... determine the potency... then think of how hard you can push it. if you dosing on stuff the is 50 micrograms a hit...about... then you know if you take 10 you'll be in a very high place... and if you take 20 you will probably be having insane amounts of visions... you will probably need to stay home with a sitter or fellow adventurers to handle that. This little mushroom has not done that... still a little bit afraid... He's getting there though. This little mushroom thinks the most he has done would probably be 300 micrograms... which is pretty intense... but not above and beyond. This little mushroom was confused, and probably would not be able to drive a car or communicate with outside people. But it was a splendid place... there was safety and security throughout the trip... no bad feelings.

Mushrooms can be difficult to determine as well. Old shrooms usually lose a great deal of their potency. If you wanna get real out there on shrooms, 5 grams is the standard dose for that. This little mushroom has had amazing 5 grams experiences, and some with more grammage, but not as intense effects. mushroom potency always differs so much from batch to batch. If you eat a bunch though... you should do alright. Fun stuff.

Anyways don't be afraid. just have a safe place to enjoy these materials. Push the boundaries slowly... or all at once it you are with experienced users. You find your limits as time goes on.

First, a disclaimer: while as others have pointed out it's almost certainly not actually something physically wrong, that fear you experience is likely to be much more intense if you try to have a full-on out of body type trip - generally speaking, the more intense the trip will be, the more fear you will potentially have to work through to get there.

The best psychedelic for OOB experiences is, IMO, DMT. A full smoked dose of DMT will give most person that type of fully immersive visual experience, seeing worlds that aren't there and having little to no awareness of your actual surroundings for the 10-20 minutes or so it lasts. While some people experience that kind of intensity on reasonable doses of longer lasting psychedelics, a lot of people don't. High dose acid can get there, in my experience, but acid is hard to come across and high doses last *forever* and are insanely intense.

Maybe you should work on your phobia before you make any further attempts to "fly through the universe."

when you trip your mind learns to overcome your body and become one with it. You probably won't worry that much about your physical well being in the future. If you keep healthy normally, you'll be completely fine. Delve delve delve..

as others have said, every trip is different.

personally speaking, crossing the threshold into a powerful out-of-body experience is usually started with an uncomfortable awareness of my own body. as i start to trip on a high dose, i'll notice my pulse, notice my eyes, notice a sense of vertigo that i'm "falling" backwards.

do not fight these feelings. when you feel your heart pounding, try to become aware of your breathing. take slow deep breaths inward and try singing as you exhale. if you have good music you like to sing along to, that works, or you can just chant along with your heartbeat (pum pum, pum pum, pum pum). when i feel the vertigo, i lay down and shut my eyes. this way i know i can enter innerspace safely without harming my physical body, and i can "trip" and "fall" directly into the vertigo that pulls my eyeballs inside my brain.

since you cycle, next time you trip try closing your eyes and imagining the best bike adventure you had, jumping off ramps or crossing streams. just ask your imagination to flow and i'm sure you won't be disappointed. remember what it was like to be a kid, pretending that the cracks in the sidewalk would kill you? you need to capture that feeling again in order to immerse yourself into the experience.

Maybe you need ego-dissolving psychedelic? I once ate large amount of 2C-E, and god, come up was suicide like, but then it was pure floating body + pure euphoria. I was happy with everything, even if I would stare at black.

If your worried then stick to the classical plant entheogens which we know are safe.

Such as 'Shrooms, Ayahuasca, Peyote, San Pedro, etc.

All of those have been used for 1000s of years and are known to be 100% safe!

Stay away from synthetics and non-plant drugs.

Do Ayahuasca + 'Shrooms = B. caapi, Psychotria, Diplopterys, Psilocybe.

The thing is, i REALLY want to just TRIP - THE - FUCK - OUT. Like all these experiences i read where people fly through the universe and shit, I WANT THAT.

Freebasing DMT is your best bet. You literally lose contact with your physical self. On a true breakthrough dose you almost inevitably forget you are on a drug and are completely immersed in DMT hyperspace, flying at incredible speeds and communicating with/becoming god.

I recommend freebasing it over oral with an MAOI because the trip is much shorter. I've never done oral DMT but from what I hear the trip lasts hours and can be very intense.

Also, if you're so worried about your heart rate on psyches why are you biking uphill or exerting yourself at all while on them, doesn't seem very smart. :)

Also, if you're so worried about your heart rate on psyches why are you biking uphill or exerting yourself at all while on them, doesn't seem very smart. :)

Cause i was tripping the fuck out and didnt realise i was pushing my body far harder than i could while sober. haha.