• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

i've never heard of a molly experience like this

justanotheraltkid

Greenlighter
hi, so, i recently remembered the time i took ecstacy a year and some months ago (discussed in a different thread).

as i said in that, i was also taking prescription zoloft, quetiapine and diazepam. i didn't take the zoloft and quetiapine 2 days before molly and didn't take diazepam ~36h before..

now.. i had a weird time on molly. i took half of a blue punisher, i split it with my friend. he's a guy, about 5'7", i'd say 130-140lbs. i'm female, 5'3", and i was around 100 or less at the time (and slowly starting to recover from anorexia). he's a lot more experienced, told me exactly what to expect.

and uhh.. it didn't go as planned whatsover. we were in a place with bright red lights, and every time i'd blink, i'd see the lights as green for a split second right before i closed and before i opened my eyes. my head also hurt like a mf, and i felt like i wasn't really there.. just kinda detached from myself. i didn't feel it hit at all, while my friend was rolling hard. there were about 6 of us there, varying levels of experience, and no one could explain why i wasn't feeling anything except for a headache, while he was in another dimension. especially because we split the pill in half, we were on the exact same drug.

i can understand the headache, i can boil the detachment from myself to dissociation, but the vision going green.... i don't know.

has anyone else experienced this? is there an explanation?

My guess is the effects from the Zoloft, sertraline has a half life of 22-32 hours and the general rule of thumb is you need to wait 5-6 half lives for the drug to leave entirely. This is combined with the need to taper off of SSRIs for usually ~4 weeks to avoid discontinuation adverse effects

Really doesn't matter that you stopped the Zoloft for just two days as the brain chemistry it effects has months long side effects. The meds probably killed it. Someone with more of a pharmacology background might have better input.

Also without a positive test result there's no way to prove beyond doubt what you and your friends took that night.

I've met plenty of people in my time that due to current or previous medications they had to take a higher dose to achieve the desired effect.

I would not advise you to up the dose however. Those other meds might cause problems when used in combination with mdma.

Your friend might have some experience, and that's great. Some of us wrote the book on how to candy flip 🙃, I still would not recommend mixing Zoloft or any antidepressants with mdma. There are simply too many variables chemically. Those headaches could easily be a stroke next time.

I am about harm reduction/ education, more than anything these days. If I were you, I would pick either use my prescribed medication or recreational drugs, but not both. Not even in the same year. Zoloft, idk enough about it but when it comes to phyc meds like that , it's best not to mix with alcohol or recreation street drugs.

Sometimes it could just be nerves too, and if you were not taking these particular medications that would be my guess. There were a couple occasions I myself anticipated so much beforehand that I sort of wigged myself out of the roll.

It's been a good ten years since I rolled and 17 years since my first roll. But to this day if I talk about it or throw on some atb I still get goose bumps. It's a truly wonderful compound in the right hands.

Have fun , but have fun safely 😉

My guess is the effects from the Zoloft, sertraline has a half life of 22-32 hours and the general rule of thumb is you need to wait 5-6 half lives for the drug to leave entirely. This is combined with the need to taper off of SSRIs for usually ~4 weeks to avoid discontinuation adverse effects
i've never heard that rule about waiting, but i got really sick when drinking alcohol when i thought risperdal was supposed to be out of my system... waiting that long definitely seems to make sense.