• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants IV use possible blown vein?

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
A couple of months ago, maybe 2, I did a pretty big shot of meth in my left main vein (I'm not great at remembering the names of the main ones in your arms). It didn't hurt at all so I didn't miss so to speak, and I still definitely got high, but my vein blew up quite a bit for the next 2-3 days and there was a lump there. It wasn't a hard lump at all, more just like... I guess the best way to explain it would be to say it was like too much got pushed into the vein too quickly and it blew.

When the swelling went down, I could no longer feel the vein in my arm when it was perfectly well defined before. And I had ZERO ability to successfully register a shot. I quickly assumed I'd done some damage so I quickly nixxed it off the list of usable veins.

Just the other day I tried again when using a tourniquet, and having a bit of a feel around. I could feel a vein again properly so I gave it a shot. The register was slow, but it was there. I was able to register 2 more shots the next day as well. Both registered slowly but did register.

Is my arm on the mend? I'm not wanting to dive back into abusing it. If it's gotten better it's only been because I was switched on enough to immediately stop using it even when I couldn't hit the other vein and using a totally different ROA instead to give this arm a break. It would be good to get another usable vein back because I was down to 3.

I've never IVd drugs however I have had phlebitis once from a nurse blowing my vein trying to get a cannula in when at a hospital detox. It took MONTHS to heal properly, like, a solid 4-5 months. If you use the vein after only a couple of months there's a good chance it hasn't healed properly yet and you'll just blow it again but I guess there's only one way to find out.....just be super careful and if it blows again, don't use it. If I was you I personally would wait and use other veins but I understand you wanting to use it.

I've never IVd drugs however I have had phlebitis once from a nurse blowing my vein trying to get a cannula in when at a hospital detox. It took MONTHS to heal properly, like, a solid 4-5 months. If you use the vein after only a couple of months there's a good chance it hasn't healed properly yet and you'll just blow it again but I guess there's only one way to find out.....just be super careful and if it blows again, don't use it. If I was you I personally would wait and use other veins but I understand you wanting to use it.

I'm definitely not intent on using it and I promised myself last night anyway that I would stop shooting as it is basically inevitable that I will fuck my vein(s) sooner rather than later. I'm not going to miss out on much either tbh as with my tolerance I wasn't really getting a rush from the amount of meth I set as my allowable limit. So shooting became somewhat arbitrary in that sense.

I'll just go go taking my drugs like the queer I am and shoving them up my poop chute one a week. Minimal risk of harm (not zero) but a significant reduction in danger to self.

^^ That's a pretty smart decision and quit calling yourself a queer.

And I agree that it poses the least risks. Your veins will appreciate it.

^^ That's a pretty smart decision and quit calling yourself a queer.

And I agree that it poses the least risks. Your veins will appreciate it.
Oh I self appropriate the word queer. It's said in a loving way, maybe in Australia the use of the word is different because queer is an official way of identifying on documents and stuff. Other words would not be (faggot, poofter) but queer is used to describe anyone who isn't cisgender and/or straight.

Don't worry I wasn't being mean to myself :)

I stopped my IV drug use 3 years and 4 months ago and I still don't have usable veins. When I have to get an IV at the hospital, they have to use an ultrasound machine to access the veins in my upper arm. Everything from the elbow down to my hands is not usable.

I only used opiates intravenously for 6 months. Once you mess up your veins, they don't come back. That one vein recovered from what you did this time, but after a few times, it won't. It will hide and you won't be able to find it. Your body is smart and protects itself against harm. The veins sink lower in your arm and hide. Take it from me, stop IV. If you can't get high from smoking it or eating it, don't get it. And don't put it up your butt either. That's the worst thing you can do. You don't wanna mess up any part of your digestive tract. Please take this warning seriously.

Good luck and take care of yourself :)

Hey @Eligiu , I'm going to move this to BDD (You'll probably get more responses there). The Dark Side is more about psychological/emotional stuff.