• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV Use - Cotton Fever??

Kutieb123

Greenlighter
How long after you make one up using cig filter is it still okay to take? I fell asleep and it was 15 hours later I decided to do it. Can I get cf from this? Or any kind of infection? Or is it all good for future ref.

You can get cotton fever from using anything filtered by cotton or cigarette filters.

I remember injecting tar heroin filters using cotton and experiencing a cotton fever like syndrome. I think i may have actually experienced a mild heart attack as a result. It was pretty horrifying, i thought i might die.

Please use wheel filters when injecting. If you are using cigarette filters you shouldn't be injecting drugs. Of course, you shouldn't be injecting drugs in general, but if you do please use a wheel filter!

You can get cotton fever from using anything filtered by cotton or cigarette filters.

I remember injecting tar heroin filters using cotton and experiencing a cotton fever like syndrome. I think i may have actually experienced a mild heart attack as a result. It was pretty horrifying, i thought i might die.

Please use wheel filters when injecting. If you are using cigarette filters you shouldn't be injecting drugs. Of course, you shouldn't be injecting drugs in general, but if you do please use a wheel filter!
This is strange to hear, and I am not saying you are wrong at all. Just when we go to the needle exchange where I live you are given packs of roll up cigarette filters in plastic with the 2ML syringes that need the needle screwed on. The 1ML syringes (29G) sometimes have a filter built in to the top cap, if not you get the insulin syringes with the orange caps and again the same cigarette filters. They come with disposable spoons, citric acid, and a small sharps box as well.

Yeah needle exchanges still hand out little cotton balls too but they should be avoided.

Much safer are these. Its worth the investment. A bad or dirty shot can alter the rest of your life. I used cotton myself back in the say and wish i hadnt.