View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV tryptamine (4acodmt) and irritation

tacodude

Bluelighter
So just trying to find anyone else with experience injecting any tryptamine, but more specifically 4acodmt. My basic question is should a 30 unit solution of 5-10 mg 4acodmt burn? Has anyone iv injected 4acodmt, dmt, met, etc. and noticed a strong burning stinging for a minute or two?

I don't notice any vein damage or irritation around the injection point, but the levels of pain worried me. I want to get others response before I try it again.

It didn't burn at all for me, and mine was more concentrated than that. You didnt miss at all?

Was the burning after injection or during?

I've never IV'd 4-aco, but I've IM'd 80-100 mg in 1ml. water and had no burn and generally I'll get more burn with IM than IV so...I'd think that that weak a solution shouldn't burn at all, especially IV.

I wouldn't proceed with this ROA if you're getting burn, that's generally a good indicator that something isn't kosher.

Yea that's what I thought. It felt like fire for a quick minute, but subsided shortly after before I had effect.... I am used to iv opiates I quit about two three weeks ago so don't know if I'm more sensitive or possibly just overreacting.

I did use the sterile saline solution the needle exchange has instead of the usual sterile water. Maybe that caused it? Never did with opiates, but opiates. I also filtered with the sterile fit 5 micron filters.

Pretty sure I didn't miss. It didn't swell nor was it a slow onset. Plus whenever I missed with opiates it would take a while to swell and develop pain. The burn was literally the solution entering the vein. The injection site seemed fine and my vein is still quite big after so I don't know what to think.

I'll probably end up trying it again