• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Iv Suboxone after last dose

Mrcle

Greenlighter
Hello, so its been 30 hours since I last iv 4mg of dilaudid. Ive been using heroin for past 6 months and past 4 months almost everyday between .1-.7 a day. Ive already hit withdrawals though not severe, and took 2mg of suboxone 6 hours ago. My question is how long before I can iv suboxone? Yes I'm aware of the dangers and whatnot, just looking for a direct answer. Thanks everyone.

If you tolerated the 2mg, 6 hours ago without any problems you should be in the clear. I'd recommend another oral dose before moving on to IV but the schedule is sound IMO. A second oral dose and you can consider yourself inducted without fear of precipitated W/D's to follow. I do suggest micron filters or at least sterifilts as suboxone seems to reside in a higher risk category along with adderal and ritalin. Try to buffer or at least dilute your solution too as the flavoring agents can be acidic.

Reasons to use filtration above that of cotton and a proficient technique : http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...pen-to-YOU-)?p=7238266&viewfull=1#post7238266

i dont understand why the hell you are talking about firing suboxone. why why why not just put it under your tongue?

^Because some people, myself included, have a fixation on the needle that is very hard to undermine. The basic philosophy of Harm Reduction is "Well, if they're gonna do it, we might as well help them do it safely". There's no room for judgement; only constructive criticism and/or advice.

Now, OP, regarding when you will be able to take your Buprenorphine, that is really a subjective thing. You know far better than any of us how your withdrawal syndrome typically progresses. You have to make the call based upon how badly you feel. We'll help you all we can, but finding a concrete answer to your question is going to be almost impossible.

I went ahead and gave it a try and everything went smoothly for me. I went the iv route because it does give me a slight euphoria as well as keep withdrawals at bay. Under the tongue takes longer, no euphoria, and tastes awful to me. Thanks for the replies. I'm new here so hopefully I'll be able to help someone in the future. Thanks again : )

I used to IV suboxone because the higher bioavailability makes the strips last longer and because the taste is disgusting.

I do hope you people are micron filtering bupe before IVing it...

IV suboxone does have a 100% bioavailability but it is absolutely terrible for your veins

not that shooting anything is good, but Suboxone is especially dicey. I'd at least double filter it

I used to IV suboxone because the higher bioavailability makes the strips last longer and because the taste is disgusting.

Yeah I absolutely can not tolerate the taste of it. Cough it out every time and end up covered in drool.