• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Iv morphine neck pain!!?

Needhelpfast1

Greenlighter
Hey so I'm not an opiate user at all so zero tolerance but I have to know if its just me..
I was in the hospital with appendicitis, and I got given iv morphine.. As she was pushing the syringe into the cannula oh my god it felt like my head was gonna explode and I felt like someone was grabbing and squeezing the back of my neck?!! Like hard! it hurt basically, made me go all tense and kinda look up.. soon as she finished the syringe It was gone and I thoroughly enjoyed myself despite the situation lol

Totally get why opiate addicts are addicts, for days after even though I felt better kept telling them I was in agony, just to get another shot 😂 I was led there thinkin.. Ahhhh I wish life always felt like this. Got sent home with bottle of oramorph that got completely abused, nothing since..thank god.

Also happened both times I had a general anaesthetic.. Right before I fell asleep, neck pain! Wtf. Asked docs and nurses.. they all say never heard of anyone gettin it.. ever.. So weird, anybody had anythin like this? Anybody know why it happened??

Maybe it was because you were getting an IV? Or you were stressed out because of the appendix issues and surgery? I really dislike needles and close my eyes or do not watch when I get blood taken or have been vaccinated.

A relative of mine who is not even into drugs and refuses opiates said how when she was given morphine when her shoulder was dislocated and being put back into place how the morphine made her body burn.

I foolishly did fuck and dabble with opiates just oxycodone, hydrocodone, and codeine never dope or heroin and I would feel the effects of the opiates at the back of my neck and head. I stopped using opiates in 2003 or 2004 in the winter and it was because I had horrible stomach cramps when coming down.

Last edited:
Maybe it was because you were getting an IV? Or you were stressed out because of the appendix issues and surgery? I really dislike needles and close my eyes or do not watch when I get blood taken or have been vaccinated.

A relative of mine who is not even into drugs and refuses opiates said how when she was given morphine when her shoulder was dislocated and being put back into place how the morphine made her body burn.

Hey, can't be the appendix pain as after the surgery the next 48hours I wasnt in pain and it happened with every shot..
Speaking of body burning, I remember being really itchy aswell...

Hate needles too with passion really needle phobic, I'm like a young child when I know I have to have one thankfully or I'd probably have been looking for the street equivalent of morphine. was a nice few days lol.

Hey, can't be the appendix pain as after the surgery the next 48hours I wasnt in pain and it happened with every shot..
Speaking of body burning, I remember being really itchy aswell...

Hate needles too with passion really needle phobic, I'm like a young child when I know I have to have one thankfully or I'd probably have been looking for the street equivalent of morphine. was a nice few days lol.
The itching is normal with opiates. Many people also get nausea.