Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

IV meth left big bruise/lump near injection site

Sammie-Dean

Ex-Bluelighter
iv'd a shot of meth yesterday did it the same as I always do, I'm very careful and make sure I follow all safety and hygiene. I didnt miss and it wasnt til later I noticed a big purple looking lump/bruise thing about a centimetre away from the site where I had the shot. Should I be worried ive never seen anything like it before?

You've punctuated a valve/vein and its caused some internal bleeding. That said if your arm becomes more painful at the injection site, it becomes redder or inflammed then seek medical assistances. If you fear judgement then look up for drug and alcohol counselling services in your state. They often provide medical services for users. PM if your in Sydney and i can suggest some places if you need help.

There are several anti-bruising creams you can use. Eleuphrat cream is incredible however if your not unemployed then it'll cost a fortune to get a prescription filled. A lo-tech but incredible powerful alternative is some aloe vera. Just apply it directly to your skin. (as long as you don't have any open cuts that are glistening/not closed up).

Lastly you might have missed, injecting some of the solution outside of the vein thus causing the lump of various bodily fluids and such. It should have drained away after a while.

thankyou so much for the advice, I am going to go to the hospital today and get it checked just to be safe. I have been putting aloe vera cream on and vitamin e cream will see how that goes or else I will try the cream you suggested. Its doesnt look bad where I actually injected but its a bit sore but I think I might have been over using that vein a bit too much lately. Im in Perth theres a couple of places I can go to here without stressing about people being judgemental but tbh I don't really care what anyone thinks.
Thanks again for being so helpful :)

Go and grab a tube of paw paw cream, will sort it out for ya apply 5-6 times a day, and in a day or 2 you wont notice, btw paw paw cream fixes everything all bruising gone

You didn't feel it sting instantly? I just missed about 2 units and knew I was missing straight away and re-registered. Only ever missed a substantial amount once and my arm was on fire for about two hours! It was horrible.

Hirudoid cream is great for misses. And get a towel and wet it with hot water them compress the area. It will help by far the best out of anything

No it didn't sting at all it wasn't til much later that I noticed the bruising. I missed twice the other night though - was in a hurry so my own fault ended up having to use my other arm. Am going to give the hirudoid cream a go though I have tried vitamin e cream and aloe vera doesn't do much.

It is possible that there are contaminants from the gear itself such as cutting agents that have caused irritation to the veins and surrounding tissue. If the cutting agent was soluble which is pretty likely as it's a cutting agent and would be spotted as such if one couldn't dissolve it for a nice IV shot. The cut is drawn up with the gear and irritates/inflames the veins/surrounding tissue... well there is that possibility.

I've had it occur before using a wheel filter and only going IM. Nasty bruise that took 4-5 days to go down. Basically the cut not being absorbed well by the body or it irritating the fuck out of the injection site. Nothing you mention will do sweat FA. It's internal mate not external. Just ice it is the best and take some Brufen plus or something along those lines if the pain is to extreme.

Yes, I thought of that too - I mean about what the gear is cut with. Everytime I have a shot, I hold cotton wool ball on til it stops bleeding then hold ice cube on wrapped in gauze for a few minutes..never had issue with bleeding or marks on my arm until now so I kind of freaked a bit! Thankyou for the advice though, appreciated :)