• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV/IM Tramadol

I'm confused too I didn't even know you could shoot tram.

I remember reading about certain people on this forum who don't have the "proper enzymes" to break tram down thus they get no real effect from it.

That sounds to me like you would NEED to take it orally. How is tram getting broken down when you shoot it? Or does it not need those enzymes in the first place? Wierd thread.

/\ I agree I use to love tram like nothing else back in the day but that was when I wasn't really messing around with other opiates.

For whatever reason in the world when I take tram with pods the pods seem to kill 90% of the high. I think because they sedate out a lot of those speedy/euphoric effects somehow.
But I have absolutely no tolerance to tram, have some quality pills, and just a few days ago took 300mg and felt barely anything.
Yet when I'm off the pods they usually give me a nice mild sort of "rush" throughout the day. I become talkative, happy, energized and like it a lot.

The reason I have trams though are for wds, I should note they work REALLY well for pod wds. I was able to drop 150gms of pods in 3 fucking days by only taking 100mg tram along with a smaller dose of pods (50gms). Normally that kind of drop would send me into horrible wds but the tram helps a ton for speedy type tapers. Once I adjust to the lower dose of pods (3 days usually) I stop the tram and boom I'm on 1/10 the dose of pods I was on just a few days ago.
Really cool tip I learned for myself.

Tramadol has to be metabolized so by having any other opiates in your system you will block the metabolism.(well at least most opiates will)
also, take any potentiators like 30-45 minutes after dosing so that it gets converted into its main active metabolite which is like 10x stronger than tramadol itself

Tramadol has to be metabolized so by having any other opiates in your system you will block the metabolism.(well at least most opiates will)
also, take any potentiators like 30-45 minutes after dosing so that it gets converted into its main active metabolite which is like 10x stronger than tramadol itself

haaahaaa are you serious?

With everything I know about opiates I feel like a complete fucking idiot right now. I have been popping trams left and right on top of my pods and have been wondering for weeks now why I never feel them. Its also the same reason I don't take them everyday cause they don't do shit for me.

The other day though, I was in wds... took a tram and actually got high. This is SO FUCKING IMPORTANT for me to know cause I wasted a fair deal of money only assuming thats what was going on.

Now that I know for a fact theres no point using tram at all while on pods. You have no idea how much this post just helped me bro seriously. I was thinking it was impossible cause when I mix pods with oxies I feel both, just assumed it would be the same with tram. This is why I love this forum lol.

And muvolution I just wanna get this straight about potentiating tram while I'm not on the pods. So if I take grapefruitjuice will that help? I though GFJ essentially used the enzymes that other opoids need to break down, so then it keeps higher levels in your blood.

BUT, if tram needs those enzymes to break down (cause its the metabolites you want), wouldn't a potentiator work in the other direction? Making the tram weaker? I'm not so concerned about knowing every aspect of the science just whether GFJ will actually work for the purpose or not? And thanks again bro.

edit: I also want to say I was lying about me knowing that this was happening. I think I meant that at some level I was just suspect there was something more complex going on. But that day when I was in wds and took the tram, I was like "holy fuck, why am I so high right now"? I couldn't for the life of me figure it out, and wound up going the entire day w/out needing my pods. The next day, I take my pods (got a supply in), take the tram on top of them, and feel basically nothing lol.

Last edited:
dude, just take the tramadol an hour before you dose with the pods. I really like the tram high when mixed with other opiates also.
another opiate isn't going to completely block the metabolism, but it impairs it in the same way that a potentiator will. I guess the only exceptions would be proproxyphene and oxymorphone which aren't metabolized through the same pathways as most opiates, but since you are using pods you will be getting mostly morphine and codeine and the codeine will really clog your metabolism.

edit: posted at the same time. Yeah take the tramadol and like 45 minutes later when you are starting to feel it kick in, then drink like a litre of white grapefruit juice, take like a bit of cimitidine (it's the drug in lots of antacids), and some Bonine or Dramamine II (cyclizine or meclizine) hydroxizine if you can get a script for it, or pentacozine, or best yet, phenergren.

The goal is to get most of it metabolised, then to block your liver from moving that metabolite out of your body.

edit again: i don't want to derail the thread so PM me if you want more advice about combining trams with other things.

Last edited:
Ok thanks I got it perfectly. That all makes perfect sense I wouldn't have known to wait 45 minutes but I see what you're saying. You wait for your liver to convert to the stronger metabolite then take the grapefruit juice.
I'm an idiot because at one point I'd take the grapefruit juice, take the pods, then take the tram. And YES I could feel the tram anytime I take it, buts its truely amazing how much stronger it is when I wouldn't take it with the pods. I should have noticed this earlier but I'm really excited now to know this. It will actually help me taper more efficiently as I'm aiming to get off opiates anyway, not really find more ways to get high.

Thanks again!

I've never heard this before.. I've used it in conjunction with other opiates MANY times with no lessened effects..
Maybe I'm wrong- But I'd like you to prove it, can you give me a source for this information?

I've never heard this before.. I've used it in conjunction with other opiates MANY times with no lessened effects..
Maybe I'm wrong- But I'd like you to prove it, can you give me a source for this information?

just tons and tons of testing on myself. Everyone has different metabolism, so we could both be telling the "truth"

and I think when you are combo-ing it it's mostly the subtle SNRI effects that really makes the difference for me.
Sorry I dont have a source because I doubt that there are any studies but it is widely known that Tramadol takes ~1 hour to kick in, and during this time it is being metabolised to O-desmethyltramadol, which is what is responsible for most of tramadol's effects. It would be alot like codeine in that both can be potentiated but if done before they are metabolised the efficacy is greatly decreased.

Edit: and like I said in one of my more in-depth posts, several opiates don't work on the CYP2D6 enzyme (like most do), so there would be no reduction in efficacy, everyone has different metabolism, and if you are taking something which isn't in any way a pro-drug, it will obviously work better.

Last edited:
Tramadol has to be metabolized so by having any other opiates in your system you will block the metabolism.(well at least most opiates will) also, take any potentiators like 30-45 minutes after dosing so that it gets converted into its main active metabolite which is like 10x stronger than tramadol itself

That first part isn't true. Tramadol can be taken with other opiates metabolized by CYP2D6 (the main enzyme that metabolizes it into M1, the metabolite with more opioid activity). Taking it with other opioids will not block its metabolism. There aren't many that need it to be active anyway- codeine and tramadol are the main ones (prodrugs or semi-prodrugs... perhaps dihydrocodeine and some others... but most do not interact, contrary to what you said). Many others are metabolized by it (or other CYP enzymes) into other (trace) metabolites, but they are active on their own (such as hydrocodone and oxycodone), so its irrelevant in this case.

What I am saying is tramadol can be combined with other opioids, with no ill effect or reduction in effects. However, this becomes trivial once you acquire a medium-ish tolerance, as you'll be overloaded with the serotonin releasing and norepinephrine reuptake effects & whatever other weird shit it does before feeling sufficient opioid effects, making it impractical or just too dangerous when you have a pre-existing (medium-high) opioid tolerance.

And in IME and from what I've read, potentiators are hit or miss. I don't get anything from them, but some people say they do, so there's nothing to lose from trying it (so long as you check the potential drug interactions).

If I had medical ampoules of tramadol I'd probably try shooting about 150mg or so for my first go and then work my way up from there...

tramadol and it's main metabolite (M1) actually have lower binding affinities to the mu receptor than most opiates. as jc said tolerance becomes the issue of its effects in combination with other opiates.

the SERT and NE effects of the tramadol will work exactly the same and can some nice synergism imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that with my body, it feels like significantly less is metabolized into M1 when I take it after either potentiators or other opiates which act on CPYxxx, and I made it pretty clear I was just speaking from personal experience with tramadol.

I had access to 100mg/2ml Tramadol amps for a long time. IV'ing (generally 300mg, but sometimes 500) generally just made me feel very sick and spacey. Oral (capsules) ... meh, not much fun. BUT 300mg (sometimes 500mg, once at 1g) IM was fantastic. Nice tingly feeling in the head, a little rush, then speedy-positive-enthusiastic 8 hours ahead. The only downside to this is, of course, the nagging depression when I couldn't get it, and the bruises on my legs. Any way it was good while it lasted and my advice would be to, if you're so inclined IM it. Start with 50-100mg and work your way up. I also played it safe and took 5/10mg of Valium before my dosing, to counteract any nasty seizures.

For IM or IV? This seems counter intuitive as it is the metabolite of Tramadol that actually acts a a pain killer, not the Tram itself (metabolite as produced by the body after an Oral dose, straight to the bloodstream would effectively prevent making the metabolite so the drug would be ineffective.... so makes no sense to me). Useful during opiate withdrawal, otherwise not a drug worthy of recreational use IMHO. Because it locks onto opiate receptors it may have no effect at all if you are already on opiates, though it wont throw you into withdrawals like mixing opiates with Subutex does, it can have the same 'blocking effect'. Not much of a drug all in all....

Very late reply but maybe useful to someone. I just found a half used strip (6 caps) and really nonplussed as to using them.